Nick Jonas Opens Up About Delta Goodrem For The First Time! Watch!

Wed, August 31, 2011 2:19pm EDT by 30 Comments
Loading video...

A man of few words when it comes to his love life, Nick Jonas finally spoke about his older girlfriend, Delta Goodrem, admitting he’s ‘very pleased!’ Do YOU like their relationship?

Some people are quiet when it comes to their relationships, but Nick Jonas stays especially mum when it comes to his love life. However, in a rare moment, the 18-year-old future president finally opened up about his 26-year-old Australian girlfriend, Delta Goodrem, during an interview with Good Day New York Aug. 29.

When the interviewer asked Nick if there is a special girl in his life right now, he seemed a little surprised and then responded with a smile, “There is. Yeah, absolutely. I’m very pleased.”

He later added, “I don’t usually share specifics. But I’m in a great place and I’m very happy. Thrilled to be doing what I love and to have someone who cares for me.”

Nick and Delta first stepped out as a couple in June, shocking all of their fans. Most recently Delta had been engaged, but reportedly broke up with her fiance for Nick.

Do YOU think Nick and Delta will last for the long haul? Sound off below!

More Nick & Delta!

1. Nick And Delta Get Cozy In New Pics!
  2. Nick Says He Will Run For President!
  3. Nick And Delta Travel To Bali

a fan

Posted at 3:32 PM on January 19, 2012

i think its okay for anyone to date anyone he like to date but the only think that makes me fell confused how delta is holding his leg that way i mean if she wants to have sex she got the wrong one or nick changes his mind about bieng virgin tell marige but about the 8 years older please so what if they wants to be together leave them alone its not like you are thier parents.

Marissa

Posted at 9:55 PM on December 17, 2011

8 years apart is not a big deal guys date girls 8 years younger than them and that’s okay. it’s a double standard and plus maybe nick likes older women because they are more mature, she is not an old hag she is 27 which is still young he may even marry her i dont think she is dating him for her career nick is a great guy i believe she really likes him. I like a guy 5 years younger than me well I wouldnt want ppl judging me because I love him and it shouldnt matter unless its 15+ years

Serena

Posted at 9:20 AM on December 9, 2011

i think Delta is a little too old for Nick. 8 years older?
At least, Selena is only 2 years older than Justin, but that’s still too old for Justin. 8 years older can also cause some problems after marriage. If Nick wants to marry, he should marry a girl younger than him. There’s a pschycological research done which showed it’s better men marry younger women.

lola

Posted at 11:59 PM on November 29, 2011

you know, after reading some of the comments i think their right. isn’t it mysterious how she dumps her fiance for you? nick be carefull you could be playing with fire and be getting burned. lets see what happens with the album

lola

Posted at 11:48 PM on November 29, 2011

good luck! hopefully miley and selena will leave you alone. throw a party for yourself,celebrate,relax having the satisfaction of knowing you did well.

Xena

Posted at 4:21 AM on October 30, 2011

okay so, Delta has been my all-time favourite singer for the last 10 years and that’s not only because she’s a fantastic singer but also because of her nature. She has always come across as a sweet person with good morals and I really don’t think she would use someone to get better press for her new album. Although I really wish she would… I’m not a fan of Nick, personal opinion so don’t bash it.
Age should not be a problem when it comes to love. It never has been for me and never will be and I really don’t understand why people think this age gap is terrible…There have been a whole lot worse and if I had my way, I would be in a relationship with a man 34 years my senior. It’s about love and connection, not what era you lived in.
In saying all this, I am happy that Delta’s happy but I still wish it wasn’t with Nick.

evie

Posted at 2:04 PM on September 23, 2011

i want to hate her because i loveeeee nick so much, but i cant, i do however think she is a little bit to old, its not a personal thing about them its just how i feel and have always felt.

mariah.cooper

Posted at 8:33 PM on September 18, 2011

tell nick jonas and all of the jonas brothers they are cute
especially nick and delta goodrem she has been my fave singer.

mariah.cooper

Posted at 8:31 PM on September 18, 2011

tell nick jonas he is very sexy and HOT and also tell his brothers that they are also funny especially kevin jonas.

Kim

Posted at 2:39 AM on September 17, 2011

Nick seems happy, so i am happy for him. He is mature enough to make his own decisions, so dont judge nor criticize his relationship with Delta. Whatever happens between them-whether good or bad- it will be a life lesson that I’m he will learn from.

L.

Posted at 12:41 PM on September 8, 2011

I hate delta -.-

Ellis

Posted at 5:55 PM on September 6, 2011

looks like that purity ring went out the window!

Nick Jonas special girl

Posted at 11:09 PM on September 4, 2011

Nick Jonas should be with a fan who is like 1 year of age and delta is 27 years old and he is 19 teen and he should be with a film student who is going into film editing….

.....

Posted at 6:16 AM on September 4, 2011

but i dont love delta goodrem i hate delta

???????????

Posted at 6:14 AM on September 4, 2011

nick i love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,

_

Posted at 2:59 PM on September 3, 2011

I love the fact that nick is happy and everything but i think delta is just using him to get herself more known in america before her album came out because berfore she started dating nick i had never heard of her and i don’t want to she nick get hurt.

...

Posted at 12:40 PM on September 8, 2011

I think you right !

megan

Posted at 10:48 AM on September 2, 2011

i’m glad that he’s happy but i think that Delta is waaayyy to old for him. I have a feeling that she will dump him when her album comes out and Nick will be badly hurt.

Rach

Posted at 10:29 PM on September 1, 2011

You know, I don’t mind them together, because Delta has always seemed like a very sweet person with a bit more innocence to her than a lot of other famous people. I think they’re good together.

Lucy

Posted at 8:03 AM on September 1, 2011

I’ve been a fan of Delta for longer than I have of Nick (being Australian) and I really like her. Nick’s amazing and talented, so is she. They’re a good match.
She’s very sweet and he’s a gentleman.
They’re good together <3 Nelta!

Anna

Posted at 2:10 AM on September 1, 2011

OMG,My best friend–John ,he just has announced his engagement with a millionaire woman who is a famous actress!They met via[Meetrich.c0M]——-it is the largest and best club for celebrity and their admirers to chat online.You do not have to be rich or famous. ,but you can meet your true love,It’s worthy a try!

Kayla

Posted at 6:59 PM on August 31, 2011

Hmm I think that Nick will marry young like his dad did and Kevin did. He just seems like he wants towith no patience to be dating around for years. Joe is already late at 22 with no prospects in sight. Delta is ready to be a wife because she’s been engaged before. Her album release presents a problem in that she will have to promote it in her native country. Since she’s been away from the spotlight I would think a good 2 or 3 months would be required to promote in Australia. Don’t know if these two want to be separated that long….or maybe Nick will go for part of the time…who knows..As long as they are both happy.

Christy

Posted at 5:29 PM on August 31, 2011

I actually believe that delta is the one. Nick has never been this comfortable in a relationship before, and It is not a publicity stunt, coz there both not like that. It’s not like there gonna get married tomorrow but I do see nick marrying Delta, but far In the future through.

Samantha

Posted at 4:37 PM on August 31, 2011

I cant believe whethere or not they should get married is even a question..FUCK NO.
UGH, Nick i love you to death, but shes not the one for you

MadAtCougars

Posted at 12:11 AM on September 2, 2011

I so totally agree with you. As a mother myself I feel that she is way to old for Nick. I don’t know exactly what is going on with them but I believe that even though Nick is very mature for his age, this old hag will decide soon enough that he is not what she is looking for and run back to her ex. I just pray Nick don’t get hurt in the process but I think it’s a little to late for that now….

marian

Posted at 3:44 PM on August 31, 2011

Should Nick Jonas and Delta Goodrem get married?
they won’t get married coz the cougar will break up with her boy toy when her album comes out.

andrea

Posted at 9:34 AM on September 1, 2011

so freaking true hello she dresses lik a granma she looks lik she could be his babysitter hahahaha

MadAtCougars

Posted at 12:13 AM on September 2, 2011

THIS IS SO GREAT. AND THE RELATIONSHIP KINDA REMINDS YOU OF A HORROR MOVIE ABOUT BABYSITTERS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE KIDS THEY ARE BABYSITTING!!!!

destinybc

Posted at 8:59 AM on September 25, 2011

I just don’t understand you people that don’t like to see other people happy, what does it matter how old she is, he is a very intelligent young man and its his life, and as for
delta well we will see what she does when the album is released.

Ashlee

Posted at 7:49 AM on October 27, 2011

I think someone said this but I’m Australian to and I’ve grown up with Delta more then I have with Nick I only knew about the Jonas Brothers threw the movie Camp Rock which got me intrested in there music.

Nick’s story touched me most of all and his music I can see why he and Delta are together and I do believe they belong together and will remain so I hope to see them get married cause they both deserve happiness.

There lifes have been bumpy ride they both have been ill in there life so I can see why they might be drawn to each other.

In saying that so what if there is an age gap they are in love with each other that should be all we need.

So I set out to say I’m and Delta and Nick fan and will always be no matter what happens there music is great they should so right songs together I don’t think anybody could beat them.

Delta Nick all the way.