Kate Gosselin To Co-Host 'The Talk' — Has She Found Her New Career?

Wed, August 31, 2011 4:01pm EST by 41 Comments

Kate has always had her heart set on hosting her own talk show — and now those dreams are becoming a reality!

Kate Gosselin has landed herself a new gig! The reality TV star has been down in the dumps with the cancellation of her long running TLC show Kate Plus 8 but a source tells HollyBaby.com that Kate has been offered the chance to fill in on the CBS show The Talk.

“Kate has been getting a lot of offers but finally one has come through that is a viable option,” our source says. “The Talk reached out to Kate and they want her to co-host for a few weeks after Kris Jenner fills in!”

The show did not renew the contracts of Holly Robinson Peete or Leah Remini for the upcoming season two which premieres on Sept. 6. Existing host Sharon Osbourne asked for two weeks off to vacation with her family and the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star is filling in while she’s away.

Kate took to Twitter to address the possibility and she didn’t deny the gig: “@sarahjoyce1992 in general I’ll say that when (my dream) opportunity comes a-knockin’, I’m taking it! ;)”

We’re sure Kris will do great, but Kate will definitely have a tough act to follow if she agrees to host! We’ve reached out to The Talk for comment and we’re waiting to hear back!

— Chloe Melas

gwen01

Posted at 1:17 AM on September 28, 2011

one other thing that troubles me about Kate is that there is no place to voice criticism on her website. She blocked me and others on Twitter and her website counter adds 5 numbers for every 1 hit. Her; over 200,000 hits is misleading as I said the numbers jump by 5 or 6 numbers each time you enter a site. I believe in her mind she feels that TLC will see these numbers and feel that she still has a solid following but her petition that has been online for over a month only has 700 signatures. She wants to remain on t.v. just like Hiedie and Spence, Octomum, some of the New York housewives, Tarek and his now soon to be ex wife from DC housewives etc., sorry Kate, they all want to stay on t.v. Your on the bottom of the list.

gwen01

Posted at 1:10 AM on September 28, 2011

Unfortunately the Talk is only on now because of Julie’s husband. They cancelled amazing shows with much better ratings such as Jericho (and I have yet to forgive that mistake) but the Talk’s ratings are in the tank and they did get rid of the two relevent hosts which is a shame. I watched the show out of curiosity and found I like Leah and Holly and the other hosts seemed really forced outside of Sharon. I would never watch it with Kris Kardashian and you can bet she is pushing to have the Eccleston sisters on so she can meet her daughters competition. These girls can knock the Kardashians off the tube in no time flat. They are already swarmed by paparazzi and curiosity seekers so it would be a great forum for Kris to get them on the show and like they say, “keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” As for Kate Gosselin on the show, well I think that would pretty much sink an already sinking ship. It would be a huge mistake to have the publicity hound on the show to remind her fans that her children are still crying because they won’t get to see the cameramen anymore and lets not forget that they know they won’t be going on any more special vacations with mom and steve, “the “bodyguard”” bleccch.

Maria

Posted at 10:42 PM on September 5, 2011

I can’t believe how many people claim not to watch Kate, yet have an opinion (if you can call that) on Kate and what they think she does with her time, moeny and kids. Or what it takes to raise 8 kids or how tiring it can be. Yes, I would watch the Talk show.

lizz

Posted at 1:32 PM on September 17, 2011

You are stupid that yuou’re gonna waste your time watching that ignorant selfish so call “mom’ for sure I wo,t watch it.

gwen01

Posted at 3:14 PM on October 13, 2011

I hate to say this but I would watch a train wreck, I can’t say I would enjoy it but I admit I would definately look. The same goes for Kate Gosselin, when someone who is as desperate as she is and goes to new lows, yep, I am gonna to watch her just like I would pay to go in a see a freak show. To I wish her well, nope, not after the few things that I have seen and the poll about the most hated people in America has her on it, so I am not alone in my feelings.