Get Selena Gomez's Exact Hairstyle How-To From The 2011 MTV Video Music Awards!

Mon, August 29, 2011 1:30pm EST by 10 Comments

Selena looked sexy, yet sophisticated at the VMAs August 28 and a major part of her look was her intricate updo.

John D., the celebrity hairstylist behind Selena Gomez‘s look, explains how he created the style! See what he did and find out how he used just two products!

• “I started with dampened hair and prepped the hair with Alterna’s Bamboo Whipped Mousse. I applied a small amount of the mousse in the palm of my hand and applied the mousse throughout the head. This mousse is great because it really helps the hair lock in that volume.”
  • “Next the hair was dried with a round brush. I wanted to achieve a bit of extra volume on the top of the style. As I dried the hair I secured a couple of large rolled sections of hair on the top and sides, framing the face. And allowed them to cool as I finished blowing dry.”
  • “Then I began to build the knotted look. I braided small sections throughout the head and secured them to the center back of the head. The braids were slightly pulled apart and then held in place using bobby pins and hair pins.”
  • “I finished the look by pulling the remaining hair back from the face and pinning into the rest of the style. Spraying Tresemme’s 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray to finish off the style. This spray is great because it leaves the hair feeling soft. The spray is super lightweight and also gives the style extra shine too.”

Would YOU try this look?

–Eden Univer

Melissa

Posted at 4:40 AM on September 4, 2011

She Was Good But She Caned Was Better
I 0000OOve More Miley Cyrus
I love U Too selena
DEmi is TOO.
(Melissa FRome I.R.AN)
(I’M 13)
(I just LOve TO SIngINg ANd I love MOvies)
I looove UUU uu Guys

lenka

Posted at 4:04 AM on September 1, 2011

SHE is SOOOOO pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

destiny

Posted at 5:25 PM on August 31, 2011

i love sel because she is my cousin i just found that out

adnan justin

Posted at 8:59 AM on August 31, 2011

she is so good and amazing

keith

Posted at 10:37 AM on August 30, 2011

I wonder how her lips taste, im so into you gomez!

stephen

Posted at 10:35 AM on August 30, 2011

woah. mi corazon..mi bonita..she is really really beautiful.

Spring

Posted at 2:53 AM on August 30, 2011

I am a 35 years old college professor,rich and lonely,now I am seeking a nice woman to live together,so I got a username Matrix1164 on—Meetrich.C óM——-it’s the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it’s worthy a try.The best part is that it’s completely free, unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!

gfdefdfuih

Posted at 10:47 AM on September 8, 2011

selena

Yuyizz Henao

Posted at 11:13 PM on August 29, 2011

Super hermoso el peinado de ella es muy bonito

Mayssara

Posted at 8:13 PM on August 29, 2011

Can you make a tutorial on youtube will be better