'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood May NEVER Regain Custody Of Leah! Oh No!

Wed, August 24, 2011 9:26am EST by 18 Comments

Gary Shirley’s attorney is afraid that Amber won’t get her act together and admits that she’s set to lose custody of her 2-year-old daughter permanently. What do you think of this custody issue?

Amber Portwood, 21, who is currently in a rehab facility in Malibu, CA, might have lost the battle when it comes to custody of 2-year-old Leah. Gary Shirley‘s lawyer, Jeff Lockwood, tells Star magazine that the troubled Teen Mom star will most likely NOT regain custody of Leah, adding that Gary’s temporary custody arrangement will be made permanent. Do you think this is a good idea?

“I think custody will go to Gary,” his attorney explains to Star. In order for Amber to regain custody, she would need to be “able to maintain a clean track record,” Lockwood adds. And it sounds like neither Lockwood or Gary think she will be able to do that.

Amber is already in deep, having been hospitalized in June after a scary suicide attempt and being investigated by Child Protective Services and jailed for physical abuse after she attacked Gary on national TV.

But although Amber hasn’t made the best decisions, Lockwood ensures that she will see Leah as much as possible, considering Gary is on Amber’s side.

“We will aim for her to have a whole lot of visitation,” Lockwood says. He also hinted that the pair might move in together, so that Amber can be with Leah, despite her inability to get custody.

So Teen Mom fans, what do you think? Should Amber lose complete custody?

–Leigh Blickley

More ‘Teen Mom:’

1. Maci Bookout Leaving ‘Teen Mom’ For Bentley? ‘I Don’t Want To Steal His Childhood!’
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Recap: Catelynn Christmas Shops For Carly, Amber Goes On A Date & Maci Tells Kyle She’s Ready To Have ANOTHER Baby!
  3. ‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham Lands a Role In The New ‘Charlie’s Angels’ TV Show!

Julie

Posted at 10:04 AM on September 19, 2011

Billie,
Oh ok, let’s give primary custody to a foul mouthed, violent, suicidal, high school drop out. Yeah that makes sense! You’re as dumb as she is.

agomez

Posted at 4:00 AM on September 6, 2011

Amber is a horrible person. says shes gonna change but DOESNT! shes made mistakes before and STILL keeps on doing them! what kind of BS is that? GARY deserves FULL custody. ES!

schwarma

Posted at 3:49 PM on August 25, 2011

ALSO.. THERE IS NOTHING CUTE ABOUT A TEENAGE PREGNANCY. WOW AMBER, WAY TO GET PREGNANT AT 16… YOU ARE PROOF THAT YOUNG PREGNANCY RUINS LIVES. UNLESS YOUR GETTING PAID 60 000 A SEASON FROM MTV… WHICH AMBER SPENDS ON HERSELF. MAN SHES UGLY AND GARY IS FAT. POOR LEAH, SHE IS CUTE THOUGH. I WOULD HATE FOR GARY TO FALL DOWN WHILE HOLDING HER CAUSE SHE MIGHT DIE

Megan

Posted at 1:25 PM on August 25, 2011

I think that if Amber can change her bad ways then she has a chance.(THIS IS A LOT OF SUPPORT IN MY OPINION SINCE I STRONGLEY DISLIKE AMBER!)

Robyn

Posted at 10:36 PM on August 24, 2011

They are both a hot mess, Amber is confused an has self esteem issues and sorry Gary you are a slob, what is up with ma ma cleaning up a condom wrapper just before the baby’s party! Gary’s mom is the only person I would have look at my child. It is in the best interest for Leah to be with Amber a girl needs a mom and I have seen a lot worse than Amber keep their children. God Bless you all, please grow up trying to look cool when your a parent (partying) makes you look so uncool!

Ryan

Posted at 5:19 PM on August 24, 2011

She should lose custody, she lost her temper on Gary it will be a matter of time before she loses it with Leah and starts beating her.

ChristineLA

Posted at 3:34 PM on August 24, 2011

I think the best thing for Leah would be for Gary’s mother to have permanent custody. She can let the two train wrecks visit as she sees fit, but she is the only one Leah exhibits any real bond with.

Tiffany

Posted at 2:42 PM on August 24, 2011

I honestly think this child shouldn’t be with either parent. Their priorities are not this child, they are more concerned with other men and women, drinking, going out, etc. I understand they are both young, but when you have a child you have to grow up fast and get your priorities in order. I think a responsible adult in the family should get custody, with both of the parents getting time with Leah and perhaps over night visits after they are both proven responsible enough to do so. This poor child has been subjected to far too much already. I don’t want her to not see her mother and father, but she needs a solid and stable home, one where the mother and father don’t reside, and wont hinder that. I am however proud of Amber for trying to get her life together, and hope that someday she and her child can have a good relationship. I hope that both parents can.

nahla

Posted at 1:52 PM on August 24, 2011

yeah lets be honest here, amber is not the best parent in the world but neither is gary! im not a parent myself but NO parent should have their child takenaway it is totally unfair. but i think amber is really trying to get back on track which is a great thing and she gain a least some respect for that she doesn’t more stress right especially that and gary needs to sort himeselft out aswell as amber!

NotafanofGary

Posted at 1:47 PM on August 24, 2011

Gary needs to grow up, Amber is Leah’s mother and that will never change. If he truly had Leah’s best interest at heart-he wouldn’t allow his lawyer to talk to tabloids about his daughter or her mother. Gary is pushing for this be permanent, he could continue this agreement until Amber is out of Rehab. But he won’t….Gary uses Leah to get to Amber. Now the threat of not being able to parent her daughter unless she lives with him–in nonsense.

I hope the professionals at REHAB can get Amber to understand this and learn coping skills to move forward with her life and work with Gary.
She no longer needs Gary in her life just nees to learn how co-parent with him.
Gary needs to move on and take care of his daughter, by this getting her dressed daily would be a great start. Take a bath and work on your own appearance and your self-esteem will return.
It’s not GARY TIME—IT’S LEAH TIME and get with the program before your daughter makes the same mistakes you and her mother made.

tori

Posted at 12:59 PM on August 24, 2011

i understand that amber has problems but if you watch teen mom you’ll see that it is garys mother that takes care of leah. leah was playing with garys condoms.and besides if you leah with amber shes mostly gentle with her. amber is just stressed that she got freaking knocked up when she was 16. and gary spent $5000 with strippers. yeah hes the “best father” ever.

Beth

Posted at 1:34 PM on August 24, 2011

So true! Gary wants the fame and is using his daughter b/c without her he is just a slob who thinks he is awesome.

teenmommyself

Posted at 12:57 PM on August 24, 2011

I am 22 years old right now and I have two kids. I had my first son when I was 18 and had to quit school to take care of him. Sometimes people make mistakes, but in my opinion, she is in rehab getting better, just as I went back to school, got a job and have a nice place for us to live. I am even engaged now to be married. I think Gary is worse then Amber, I really do, and taking the baby away from her would only hurt the baby .. and Amber’s recovery. Gary let the child play with condoms for god sakes becuase he was too hung over to give a crap. I dont know but there is definitly something wrong with that. If Amber isn’t a good enough mom to have Leah, then Gary definitly isn’t a good enough father and the child would be better off in someone else’s hands. Poor Amber, everyone is always bashing on her. She has problems, everyone does. Leave her alone and let her get better.

schwarma

Posted at 3:51 PM on August 25, 2011

HAD A BABY YOUNG EH? THAT SUCKS!

?Caprii?

Posted at 11:57 AM on August 24, 2011

I think 24% of people are extreme idiots for thinking this trainwreck of a person is a good mom!

Billie

Posted at 10:58 AM on August 24, 2011

1. I fail to see how taking her child away is in the best interest of anyone, mostly Leah would suffer.

2. I don’t even see Gary is the best father to Leah either. His mom took care of Leah a lot of the times.

3. Amber should have her rights in the custody of Leah. I know she has some problems but she is in Rehab so… Gary is a bum lazy and not a very fit father role to Leah.

disco

Posted at 10:36 AM on August 24, 2011

emmasmile

Posted at 10:17 AM on August 24, 2011

although Amber hasn’t made the best decisions, Lockwood ensures that she will see Leah as much as possible, considering Gary is on Amber’s side.I am a 28 years old doctor, mature and beautiful.and now I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , so i got a username Lindasunny2002 on–a’ge’l’es’s’da’te.c óm–.it is the first and best club for y’ounger women and old’er men, or older women and y’ounger men,to int’eract with each other. Maybe you wanna ch’eck ‘it out or tell your friends!