Kim Kardashian has been boasting that her wedding was America’s version of the Royal wedding—but while both matrimonial extravaganzas were lavish, expensive and over-the-top, they didn’t quite match each other when it came it to the menus.
While Prince William and Kate‘s wedding menu was expansive, Kim‘s was surprisingly bare bones.
Considering how curvy Kim is, and how pin-thin Kate is, you’d think Kim’s menu would have been loaded with several dishes—but it was the opposite!
Kim’s menu featured basic fare: Santa Barbara heirloom tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella and tomato chips, and a salad. Then there was agnolotti pasta. And as an entree, roasted chicken and Yukon Gold potatoes—how basic! For dessert? Wedding cake! Yawn…..
Kate and William’s guests meanwhile, chowed down on so much more! Guests were served these canapes:
The palace said guests would be served a selection of canapes, including:
- Cornish crab salad on lemon blini
- Pressed duck terrine with fruit chutney
- Roulade of goats’ cheese with caramelised walnuts
- Assortment of palmiers and cheese straws
- Scottish smoked salmon rose on beetroot blini
- Miniature watercress and asparagus tart
- Poached asparagus spears with Hollandaise sauce
- Quails eggs with celery salt
- Scottish langoustines with lemon mayonnaise pressed confit of pork belly with crayfish and crackling
- Wild mushroom and celeriac chausson
- Bubble and squeak with confit shoulder of lamb
- Grain mustard and honey-glazed chipolatas
- Smoked haddock fishcake with pea guacamole
- Miniature Yorkshire pudding with roast fillet of beef and horseradish mousse
- Gateau opera
- Blood orange pate de fruit
- Raspberry financier
- Rhubarb creme brulee tartlet
- Passionfruit praline
- White chocolate ganache truffle
- Milk chocolate praline with nuts
- Dark chocolate ganache truffle
Pol Roger NV brut reserve champagne was also served, along with other soft and alcoholic drinks.