Kate Gosselin Can't Afford Her Babysitter Anymore?

Tue, August 23, 2011 11:00am EDT by 38 Comments

We know things are bit rough for the Gosselin’s now that ‘Kate Plus 8′ was given the boot, but is Kate really strapped for cash?

Kate Gosselin is doing it all … alone. The mom-of-eight took to her Twitter Aug. 23 to tell her “tweeties” that she doesn’t have a babysitter again today. That’s rather unusual, especially since it’s summer and all eight kids are home.

“Well, I overslept so no am run4me! Trdmill run later… Huge list&no babysitter agn 2day so will be busy! Will tweet ya later-off 2make bfast!”

Kate definitely sounds tired. She’s been preparing the kids for the school year by taking them back-to-school shopping and getting them haircuts. We hope Kate can figure out a way to feed those eight mouths because we know she has no interest in going back to a 9-5 job like her ex-husband Jon Gosselin.

Are you worried for Kate and the kids?

— Chloe Melas

More Gosselin on HollyBaby:

1. Kate Gosselin Rubs Her Amazing Abs In Ex Jon’s Face! OUCH.
  2. Kate Gosselin Tweets Pic Of Her Disastrous Laundry Room: Is Yours Like This?
  3. Does Kate Gosselin Have A Boyfriend?

lisa

Posted at 8:31 AM on October 3, 2011

A babysitter?! Is that all is the worry?! I am single parent of first one, then two, a babysitter has been out of the question for the last 6-7 years, year round and family is not avaialble either, or friends, so babysitting has been limited to paying someone maybe once a year if I am lucky or when I had to go to hospital myself, if I am lucky.

Work, either at home or outside is not an option if you have nobody to take care reliabley of smallies,or affoardable to work,along with rent etc and there’s no support from either father so far. So I have resigned myself to caring for them and really rearing them,and who better than me. This by the way includes cutting their hair with a scissors myself as I can’t affoard a hairdresser for them let alone me, that’s gone years ago. I dye my hair once a year maybe myself and that’s that. So the rest is commercial need. What I have discovered on this path is you only find hard what you are not used to. At this stage what I cried over years ago is now easy and shovveling coal, chaffed hands and picking up wood off the road to light the smallies fire is normal and enjoyable. And we still manage to pay for basics like internet, however I see at this stage everything bar electricity, heating if we are lucky and food as essentials for life and lots of love. Clothes are hit and miss: people sometimes realise I have none and give me some, or shoes or some for the children, so we are veyr very lucky there. To outward appearance we are a normal family, going to school, lunches and walks, and playing and a car( which I can barely arroafd to run: it’s for emergencies as pblic transport as expensive with children and need for doctor’s and for our shop for food)…but although I am in my 40s and at this stage prpbably look about 70 I don’t care, I love my kids, they are always laughing and smiling and they are having a great childhood, which one day when I am gone they wil always remember and when life gets hard for them, they won’t remember or see whether they had th elatest shoes, hairstyle or anything like that. They will only remember that Mum was happy or sad or the amount of fun they had laughing together, whether it’s a pillow fight or a chase around the house if there’s nothing else to do!:) LOL

Abby

Posted at 9:20 PM on August 27, 2011

Why does it become America’s problem that this woman can no longer afford a babysitter? According to news she is worth [at the very least] $5Million. Is she saying that’s not enough money for her? The interest alone is more than enough to live by [oh, I forgot, she lives beyond her means]. If I have that money in the bank [granted she saved money], I would live off the ineterests and watch my children grow up. But, America spoiled kate gosselin. I say, let her fans contribute to her lifestyle or better yet, let them take turns being her babysitter.

Jessica

Posted at 7:29 AM on August 26, 2011

Stop putting her down. She is a good mom. She is with the kids and always has been. Jon is the one who took off for fun and when the fun ended he came back. She never left them.

Speak Now

Posted at 5:55 AM on August 27, 2011

Wow, you’re so blind.

Tina

Posted at 2:17 PM on January 3, 2013

that right he is the one did not stay there for the kids thougt of him not them he is not a good dad and in bible time he would have been stond and the thang he whant after ….. \

Diana

Posted at 2:43 AM on August 26, 2011

I am a 25 years old department manager,sexy and lonely,now I am seeking a nice man for a stable relationship,so I got a username Alicewing432 on—Meetrich.C óM——-it’s the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it’s worthy a try.The best part is that it’s completely free, unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!

Mischelle

Posted at 2:50 PM on August 25, 2011

it’s about time Kate has to be a “real” mom now. do her own laundry, cooking, cleaning ect… she’s made enough money to live on for awhile and there is no reason on earth why she cannot get it all done while the kids are in school. O.K. so she doesn’t get to travel as she once did so what in these days and times she should be teaching the kids how to save money not throw it to the winds. wisen up Kate and grow the heck up life is all about earn what you need and that means now the kids are back in school get a clue and get a job there are many jobs you can get while they are in school to help curb costs if you need to work. if you cant afford the house you live in move to one you can afford to live in.enough whining about what you cant do and do something about it no wonder the show was cancelled. i for one am glad these children will now have a chance at a normal life.

victory

Posted at 2:13 PM on August 24, 2011

Reality! All the kids are in school full-time. Whatever Kate needs to get accomplished, she’ll have plenty of time while they are in school, otherwise, join the full time ‘Mothers Club’. Now that the show is cancelled, she shouldn’t have to travel.

@classyinhtown

Posted at 5:20 AM on August 24, 2011

Boy, you guys are reeeeaaaccchhhiinngg for a story here, I see.

So where does she say she can’t afford a babysitter? Sounds to me like she’s in between babysitters. I’m sure it’s not that easy to find a sitter for ALL of those kids.

Come on America! First the Kardashian Wedding is compared to the royal wedding and now this?

lol

Laurie

Posted at 1:24 AM on August 24, 2011

You can be sure she didn’t pay for the slide for the pool…TLC did since it was used in an episode.

jen

Posted at 1:22 AM on August 24, 2011

According to Variety magazine she made $250,000 per episode. According to TLC itself, the show has reached the 150 episode mark. That’s $37.5 MILLION dollars she’s earned. Puhleeze.

Mary Oliver

Posted at 1:12 AM on August 24, 2011

I am a mother of two,a boy and a girl, 22 months apart. When they were newborn and 2 I considered going back to work as an RN while my husband completed his degree in engineering. We truly wanted to raise our own children and not put them in daycare. As a result I became a licensed day care provider and cared for between 6 and 10 children with the help of a paid assistant when enrollment was over 4(you can have up to 6 including your own children without an assistant). As an added benefit I was able to care for some kids with specific medical needs because I am a nurse. Kate Gosselin really needs to get off her high horse and live in reality with thew rest of us. Deespite our failure to produce our children six at a time;my husband and I still managed to set aside ab ouit $75,000 for our children’s college education. I think what really clinched it for me was Kate’s abominable behavior when camping in Alaska with the Palion clan. I am not a supporter of Sarah Palin but in this instance she was spot on. Kate’s kids wanted to stay and she berated them until they agreed with her. Kate, get your act together. You are a Mom, not a celebrity. Figure out how to make it work financially between you and John. The longer you expliot your children the less we think of you. Mom RN to Mom RN

jen

Posted at 12:53 AM on August 24, 2011

How? She made $250,000 per episode (source: Variety magazine). And, she did 150 episodes! Do the math. That’s $37.5 MILLION.

Where did it all go???

jen

Posted at 12:54 AM on August 24, 2011

The 150 episode count is from TLC themselves.

cootie

Posted at 12:09 AM on August 24, 2011

This woman is NEVER happy~! Look at her photo up there, she’s miserable with her kids and she was miserable with Jon. The only one she seems to smile at is her bodyguard who banks most of what the kids make, I’m sure. I heard he gets a lot of money and he told her to get the boob job. He consulted on what size to get and was at the doctors office. If he isn’t sleeping with her, he’s gay. No man will put up with Kate without her paying him (not even Jon would).

Paula

Posted at 8:35 PM on August 23, 2011

She’s already grifting for freebees crying poor. Buying “seconds” tomatoes for freezing. She was just in Florida buying designerish dresses, weeks before that in NY for a hair cut. Kid are still going to private school. They are gone from home 10 hours a day at school, plenty of time for Kate to hold a job. She won’t because she’s lazy and waiting for an easy gig. No other network is going to touch her. She is toxic. She’ll be in NY again soon for another “hair” appointment. Wonder if the “body guard” will still accompany her. She hasn’t needs a security person for years. She tweets that she slept too last to go running, but has no help at home. Guess that mean she did plan to run and leave 8 kids home alone. I’m sure it’s not the first time. She inspired no one to be better, she was abusive to her husband and questionable to her children. They are not happy kids when they are with her. The show died because it became all about Kate, which not many people can stand. She needs to support her children, no children supporting a mother that can’t spend their money fast enough.

me

Posted at 7:32 PM on August 23, 2011

i just don’t understand this…they are her kids!? how many of us have someone to watch our own kids!? when they are in your own house!? so weird to me and the kids aren’t babies anymore..she already has mady and cara taking care of them so she can sleep…jon doesn’t have a babysitter when HE is watching HIS own kids! i guess she wants to get away from her own kids so lets someone else watch them..biotch!

imabetagirl58

Posted at 6:32 PM on August 23, 2011

I’m not a bit worried about Kate and her kids. Kate will figure something out. She used her kids for profit and I bet banked lots of money. That whole crowd will do fine.

......

Posted at 6:14 PM on August 23, 2011

kate is an attention seeker. get a real damn job like the rest of the world. this is how everyone else live so get used to it pretty chick.

Ashley

Posted at 4:46 PM on August 23, 2011

Don’t kid yourself, Kate continues to have full time baby sitters or she would dump them on Jon if the kids interferred with her day-to-day selfish activities.

Even when Kate appeared to be a “normal” mother, she screeched and complained about doing almost everything, from cooking, cleaning, etc.

I can only imagine the fake Kate at this point in time? The poor Gosselin children. If Kate isn’t complaining about how hard life is, she is putting her children “down.” Hopefully all the children don’t grow up being Bi-Polar or worse (taking after their mother’s mental health issues)!

LC

Posted at 4:00 PM on August 23, 2011

Im pretty sure all she said was she had NO sitter today… not at all.. And it sounds like Ashley comes home on summer and breaks and babysits and she is gone back to college. Who cares? You complain if she has one, complain if she doesnt. Why do you care so much about a woman you hate? This site is absurd on the Kate stories. Taking a tweet and turning it into an ‘Exclusive” yet again! Does this site ever have its OWN STORIES… or just rinse and repeat others!

Lacey

Posted at 4:56 PM on August 23, 2011

LC, Kate is a chronic liar and can not be trusted to tell the truth. Her saving grace has been tweeting because she can lie and distort the truth which is nothing new.

If there were not haters, Kate would have lost all relevancy years ago, because with only 30,000 tweeters or fans (and I’m sure some of the 30,000 are haters as well), it is clear she is not liked and has been dismissed by most people.

Heck, even Kate’s ex-husband Jon has more tweeters than she does, what a joke when she has been on TV with a show.

Paula

Posted at 8:55 PM on August 23, 2011

Kate herself said she overslept and did plan to run today. Then mentions she had no sitter 2+2 = running with no sitter at home. She starting tweeting at 9 or so, I guess her kids are miracle sleepers that don’t wake up hungry at 7:00 a.m. or it’s the twins responsibility to take care of them until her grace gets up. I do hope Jon has someone monitoring all her nonsense. She is a threat to the kids safety with her big twitter mouth. She’s screwed with the visitation schedule so much over the taping schedule that Jon won’t even get the kids over the long weekend unless she gives him 2 weeks in a row.

steff17

Posted at 3:23 PM on August 23, 2011

Hee hee #1 grifter..Kate lives for the freebies..think people use your common sense..Kate has been on TV for over 6 yrs, being paid big bucks and hiding money in eleven bank accts. She takes limos to NY to get her hair done $2000 a shot. She has a nurse certificate so she will never be out of work..in todays economy, for Kate to buy a over $4000 slide for the swimming pool really tells me she’s hurting LMAO Kate has been a whiner her entire life..always exhausted yet she runs and finds time for mani/pedis and tanning, hair extentions, has a makeup artist,fake nails botox injections,and tweets her tweehearts all day long..mothers of two children do not have time to even have a twitter account..so like I said, use your common sense..this so callec MOM of 8 needs a reality check…shes got the bucks…

Mary Ann

Posted at 1:26 PM on August 23, 2011

You have got to be kidding me?! You have to be pretty stupid to think Kate can’t afford a babysitter! With the kids back in school soon she only has to deal with them for a few hours in the evening. Go get a nursing job then be with your kids in the evening Kate! Doesn’t take a brainiac to figure that one out! Problem for Kate is being a nurse isn’t as glamorous as TRYING to be a star. She needs to get over herself and do what is best for her children. Kate had time in the spotlight now it’s time to be a “regular” mom and stop trying to be a star. Pray for those kids!

whaaat?

Posted at 1:14 PM on August 23, 2011

@Melva: Give me a break. Kate makes sure she pampers herself with hair, clothes, makeup, shoes, surgeries. Why don’t you do yourself a favour and sponser a kid that really needs help, like children that have no food. While your at it go to the park and watch the kids there if your are so interested in watching children. Kate is brainwashing you.

Tina

Posted at 12:36 PM on August 23, 2011

She’s made millions, but she probably spent most of it. I wonder if she saved anything for her 8 kids for when they go to college.

Paula

Posted at 8:49 PM on August 23, 2011

Kate speak out both sides of her mouth and if her lips are moving, she’s lying. In August 2009 on the Today Show or Access Hollywood, she confirmed that the kids had “substantial” college funds, then on August 8, 2011, she’s saying to Billie Bush that she doesn’t have nearly enough for college for the kids. Which is it Kate? She can’t keep her stories straight, and she forgets it’s all on tape. If you are so short of money for the future, why overnight trips to NYC with a “body guard” for haircuts, boob jobs, designer clothes, expensive shoes. She waited until the week before school to buy shoes and get haircuts, guess it finally dawned on her that TLC wasn’t picking up the tab this year and heaven forbid she can’t even afford new lunch boxes or back packs for the kids. She’s already grifting for donations and feels no shame in accepting them while people are homeless and living without food. She is the stupid fool that is in a house that was bought for 1.3 million and now valued at $650K.

Journey

Posted at 11:38 AM on August 23, 2011

She has made millions the past few years. She should be home with her children. What is wrong with her??? She feels above working a regular job as a nurse. She wants to take the easy way out and stay on TV because the $$ is good. This has adversely affected her children. It is not a good way to raise normal children. Go back to work Kate and do the right thing which includes spending quality time with the kids. Many single moms work full time jobs and their children do beautifully. You are not well liked by the majority of people. We do not care to see you on tv. I speak for many people.

Melva

Posted at 11:57 AM on August 23, 2011

How much money do you think she would make after paying a babysitter for eight kids?DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

MeMe

Posted at 12:05 PM on August 23, 2011

Then she shouldn’t have had 8 kids! Sheesh, how can you people have sympathy for such a vapid individual?

NO WIRE HANGERS, EVER!!!

Posted at 2:02 PM on August 23, 2011

they are in school all day, they r not infants or toddlers. also most schools have after school care. if she works nights, then kiss up to the family and ask for help. real moms everyday do this

Paula

Posted at 8:41 PM on August 23, 2011

The kids are gone from home 6:30 a.m. until 4:00 pm when they get back to the bus stop. That is plenty of time during the day to hold a nursing job. Plus weekends when they are with Jon she could pick up per diem work. She won’t because she is lazy and looking for an easy handout by using the kids again. What is she going to do all day, when they start school at the end of this week? If anything, maybe she could use a sitter to pick them up at the bus stop and bring them home if she held a job until 4pm. Kate does not volunteer at their school, help at the local library, attend any social activities in town, what does she do while the kids are gone all day. Laundry can’t take that long when you have two 2 massive washer and dryers in your own home. She is just full of excuses. LAZY and it’s all about memememe.

HUH??

Posted at 11:27 AM on August 23, 2011

She was planning to go for a run with no babysitter at home? She was going to leave 8 little kids home alone? She announced this on TWITTER?

why?

Posted at 11:05 AM on August 23, 2011

Wow, I think it’s horrible that they cut their show off the air like that, not fair at all. I loved watching here and those kids, it inspired me myself to be a better mother.

Mari

Posted at 4:37 PM on August 23, 2011

Why? It sounds like you must be Kate?

Oh, please, Kate will take care of Kate before she takes care of her children. Kate will take care of her kids when it serves her selfish needs. Most notably, Kate’s version of taking care of her kids is rounding them up, dressing them up alike, and driving them for a paid photo op.

Thank goodness Kate Plus 8 was FINALLY cancelled! However, Kate will continue the exploitation of her 8. In her twisted mind the “kids are having fun.”

Sam

Posted at 6:54 PM on August 23, 2011

@Mari if Kate Gosselin is your parenting inspiration then god help your kids ;(

Sam

Posted at 6:55 PM on August 23, 2011

Sorry that should have been @Why?