Is Selena Gomez Leaving The Spotlight To Start A High End Fashion Line?

Tue, August 23, 2011 7:45pm EST by 20 Comments

Selena Gomez is living a dream come true, but is it all coming to an end as her focus turns to fashion?

We can’t imagine Hollywood without Selena Gomez. The multi-talented 19-year-old is on the A-list of Tinsel Town’s hottest young stars and is going out with mega-famous 17-year-old Justin Bieber. So imagine our shock when we heard whispers that she was going to leave a red hot career behind her to focus all her energy on fashion!

We all know Selena’s talents go beyond the stage and screen. Not too long ago, she paired up with Kmart to develop her own fashion line, Dream Out Loud, that offered cute and affordable clothes for young girls. The success of the line has made Selena start thinking about expanding her fashion horizons, but dispelled rumors that she’s leaving the limelight anytime soon!

“I think right now, and the time that I am with my generation, I definitely feel that K-Mart is the best choice for me, because obviously, they can capture my line the way I want it and the prices can stay at a minimum,” she told Racked.com. “But, one day, I would love to maybe do a high-end fashion line. That would be really fun.”

Phew! We’re glad to hear she’s not leaving the spotlight anytime soon, but she definitely has her eye on other celebs and the kind of style she hopes to emulate in her clothing when the time is right!

“I really love Sarah Jessica Parker‘s style—like her casual style,” she said. “Her red carpet style is totally hers and individual. I don’t know if I could pull off half of the things she wears. But, her everyday style is really kind of preppy mixed in with boho and it’s really so pretty.”

We love that idea! Would you wear clothes designed by Selena? Let us know in the comments!

Matratze Preisvergleich

Posted at 9:50 AM on October 25, 2012

Right here is the right web site for anybody who wants
to understand this topic. You understand so much its almost tough to
argue with you (not that I actually will need
to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic which has been
discussed for many years. Excellent stuff, just wonderful!

cheap facebook likes

Posted at 8:57 PM on May 22, 2012

I’m extremely impressed with your writing abilities as well as with the layout in your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you customize it your self? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to peer a great weblog like this one today..

Poetry

Posted at 4:06 PM on April 6, 2012

Fantastic web site. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks on your effort!

Lauren Bundy

Posted at 7:59 PM on September 2, 2011

She’s my idol and i have 100 things from her clothing line at k-mart but i hope she can find a way to do both because i love her show and her clothes.

ruby

Posted at 12:30 PM on August 24, 2011

i would soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wear it!!! i love her and would love her clothing line to come to england :D id buy everything there ;)

Joy

Posted at 12:08 PM on August 24, 2011

I’m sorry, but celebrity and “high-end” fashion line don’t exist in the same sentence, especially not with a Disney star.

taketwo

Posted at 6:40 PM on August 26, 2011

Wow! Who let the dogs out. You’re comment doesn’t even belong on this website. Go back to your little world of idiots and let the adults alone.

Jason Santoro

Posted at 6:24 AM on August 24, 2011

How is this girl going to start a fashion line when she has no taste. Look at the picture half her curtain is half hung on her. COme one now.

taketwo

Posted at 6:36 PM on August 26, 2011

It’s vert obvious you don’t know much about fashions. Selena is constantly being praised for fashion dresses at award shows. She has been named the best dressed at different events for her excellent choices in dress wear many times.Where have you been? Your opinion means nothing to them or us.

taketwo

Posted at 6:45 PM on August 26, 2011

Hello,are you a fashion expect? Do really believe that’s a curtain? You really do need to learn more about fashion. Have judged any fashion shows lately. Obivously not.

Rachel

Posted at 1:24 AM on July 1, 2012

Fashion is fashion, its not something to be judged. It has to do with your personality. If you like light, floral dresses with baseball hats and converse then that’s just you. If you like dark, checkerboard jackets with ripped jeans, then that is just you. Etc. (I am not saying you dress like that or that you like it, I was simply using the outfits as examples).

aeeafg

Posted at 11:17 PM on August 23, 2011

★★◎Something unexpected surprise fashion

hello everyone,im wholesale supplier online
Believe you will love it.
very good shopping web.

our website: { w w w – ( jordanforworld ) – c o m }
┗☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆┛

Jeffisabeast

Posted at 11:09 PM on August 23, 2011

LMFAO ROFL HAHAHAHA!. . . . . .sorry I laughed when they wrote she was Multi-Talented. That’s a good one HWLife.

alex

Posted at 2:16 AM on August 24, 2011

you must know that,right? tell me now what your talent is. right you dont have anything. stfu idiot.she is living her dreams and you are hating behind a computer

dumas1000

Posted at 8:19 PM on August 23, 2011

Fact of the matter is that Selena’s “red hot” career continues to occur in a narrow vaccumm. She has an extremely niche fanbase and does not appeal to a broad audience. Hence, she’s not making a lot of money (relatively speaking, of course). Selena makes about 5 million a year. Mily Cyrus makes about 50 million a year. I think Katy Perry is around 35 million. It could be more. Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are pushing 60+ million a year. On the other hand, Jessica Simpson has built a billion (yes, BILLION) dollar fashion empire. Of course, the entire empire is worth that much. That’s not how much she’s actually making. Nevertheless, if Selena could find a industry where she could make more while working less, I’d wouldn’t blame her. She works way too hard to only be making 10 percent of what Miley makes.

alex

Posted at 2:17 AM on August 24, 2011

girl i loved every word you wrote.so true she deserves much more. miley cant act and i hate her singing live. she can take high notes not a fan of her voice.

taketwo

Posted at 6:57 PM on August 26, 2011

You seem all high and mighty to make a comment like that. So how much do YOU make a year? It’s none of your business or mine as to how much she makes a year. Eventually she’ll make the big the bucks once she gets away from Disney.

Trends

Posted at 4:09 PM on August 31, 2011

Selena could actually earn more money if she wants too, but she is not in a rush to be rich. She has turned down offers before. She said it herself that “she wants to grow up with her fans” not drastically since she also has other younger fans to think about. She didn’t do any tours when her CD came out. She just started this year. Most of these singers are earning big because of their tours. She chose “Ramona and Beezus” because she wanted to support a younger actress “Joey King”. She chose “Monte Carlo” because she wanted to do a fun film because it is basically more for younger viewers. She will be starting other movies soon which will geared into more older teens. She is smart though because she is not earning instant money, but building a foundation to last longer. I hope she gets the “Sex and The City Prequel”, it will give her a huge leap into the high end fashion industry.

Chantal W. - Journalist

Posted at 8:10 PM on August 23, 2011

I sure love the idea of her doing a HIGH fashion clothing line of her own, very sophisticated & chic, and MOST DEF I would wear it if she designed a new line all on her own.
BUT, I think she won’t be leaving her fans or her successful career anytime soon, she’s too valuable and fresh! I expect many things from her & I bet many other’s think the same as well. Though I do respect your post, I think it’s a bit wrong here and there, she has many film productions coming up!
You should try to stay updated on that, HWL.

totly agree

Posted at 10:13 PM on August 23, 2011

i totly agree. dumas1000 get your facts right B****!!!!!!!!!!!!