Kris Jenner's Vera Wang Gown At Kim Kardashian's Wedding: Was It Retro Glam Or Too Over The Top?

Mon, August 22, 2011 11:11am EDT by 25 Comments

The strapless number, complete with a big bow, reminded me of THAT infamous dress from ‘90210’! What did you think of it?

Some may accuse me of finding a way to relate anything and everything to my favorite iconic ’90s show, 90210, but I think in this instance I’m definitely on to something! While most brides would shudder at the thought of women showing up to their wedding dressed in white, Kim Kardashian‘s guests were encouraged to wear the color — and that’s exactly what the mother of the bride, Kris Jenner, did!

Clad in a white strapless Vera Wang gown, her frock was simple for the most part — with the only big detail being a huge bow at the neckline! This is a bold choice for a mother of the bride, when usually a mom would opt for something more modest, but considering it’s Kris Jenner I wasn’t surprised — although I definitely thought it was such a throwback to the late ’80s and ’90s!

While I doubt Kris was taking cues from Brenda and Kelly on 90210, I couldn’t help but notice the similarities between both big bows on their dresses — so I have to ask, who pulled off the look best? Luckily for Kris, she was the only one at the ceremony in her frock — which wasn’t the case at the Spring Dance!

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Get more from our BFFs at Glamour!

1. The Nip and Tuck Workout (Without the Nip & Tuck)
  2. 35 of the Shiniest, Blingiest and Most Glam Diamond Rings
  3. Twitter DOs & DON’Ts: Your 10 Tweeting Commandments
  4. 25 Ways to Make Wardrobe Basics Look Un-Boring

baby jogger double stroller review

Posted at 7:12 PM on June 10, 2012

Valuable info. Fortunate me I discovered your web site by accident, and I’m stunned why this coincidence did not came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

nahnah

Posted at 10:39 PM on January 30, 2012

I love kris jenners dress especially the bow everybody with negative comments thats they opinion

Jenni

Posted at 3:11 PM on December 22, 2011

I think it was way to bold and attention seeking since it was Kim’s big day, not hers. She’s already had her big day twice.

Angel

Posted at 10:28 PM on November 18, 2011

Kris looked absolutely stunning in this dress she is always at the top of her game and her girls follow suit team kardashian all the way.

Dani

Posted at 12:26 AM on October 14, 2011

Can anyone just say that Kris Jenner’s dress was ridiculous?
She always tries to compete with her daughters, but this dress just makes her look like a fool. Wasn’t there somone around to tell her that this was not a dress that anyone would wear to anyplace much less a wedding?

Leslie

Posted at 10:37 AM on October 12, 2011

The family looked lovely … each one of them … while I’m not crazy about that big bow it stood out and certainly made a statement just like the K clan always does. The wedding overall was spectacular. Kris Jenner’s face didn’t look any different than it did before her plastic surgery that took hours. Perhaps if you look very closely and compare photos one next to the other you would notice. She was very upset about her body and face and under those circumstances, she did it for herself. Aging for women especially is not easy in this shallow society we have created and especially in her very visible position. Happy for all of them.

Princess Brownee

Posted at 5:08 AM on October 9, 2011

Kriss Jenner’s dress was BEAUTIFUL!!!!, the picture that YOU ALL published on this website was awful…I have seen the dress on other websites its a GORGEOUS gown.

mgarde

Posted at 11:09 PM on August 26, 2011

I like Shannen and Jennie prom dresses than Kris Jenner’s. Her dress is so way over the top.(What’s with the Bow? Are you kidding me?) Shannen/Jennie’s are sexy.

Barb

Posted at 10:56 PM on August 26, 2011

I don’t understand the bow. Unnecessary, distracting and NOT fashion-forward!

Beulah

Posted at 7:56 PM on August 22, 2011

WHO THE F CARES?

jakie

Posted at 6:35 PM on August 22, 2011

i tought kim was the one getting married not kris

Kat

Posted at 5:32 PM on August 22, 2011

She looks great, but the bow it’s too big.

veronika

Posted at 4:59 PM on August 22, 2011

Yuk, really 80ties, it doesnt suit her at all

SashaiG

Posted at 4:57 PM on August 22, 2011

KIm had a dress code for her wedding the guests were told to wear ONLY black or white to her wedding, EVERYONE in attendance wore either white or black…. Kris Jenner included

Sally

Posted at 4:14 PM on August 22, 2011

I am sorry, but this is a really UGLY dress. And why is she wearing white? Isn’t the the brides color? Kris Jenner, facelift and all looks horrible

mvk

Posted at 3:36 PM on August 22, 2011

I THINK IT LOOKS STUPID. SHE IS TRYING TO COMPETE WITH HER GIRLS

emma

Posted at 3:01 PM on August 22, 2011

i like it—if she wer the bride! thats crazy! white?!!!? at a wedding?!??????!!!!!!?????

Amy

Posted at 2:38 PM on August 22, 2011

What is up with this family?? They obviously love the spotlight..I wonder if they have sold their souls to the devil? I bet this marriage wont last 6 months!

ELLIE

Posted at 2:19 PM on August 22, 2011

I LAUGHED AND LAUGHED WHEN I LOOKED AT THIS PICTURE. PLAIN UGLY AND LIKED WHAT THE LADY SAID IN HER COMMENT A MOTHER DOES NOT WEAR WHITE TO HER DAUGHTERS WEDDING, BUT OH I FORGOT I READ WHERE KRIS RAN THE WHOLE SHABANG ANYWAY

Renee

Posted at 2:14 PM on August 22, 2011

Yes! HAHAHA!! Perfect!

kellie

Posted at 11:24 AM on August 22, 2011

HIDEOUS!

victory

Posted at 11:15 AM on August 22, 2011

I’m surprised Vera Wang would put such a large bow on the bodice of Kris Jenner’s gown, not crazy about it.

Melanie

Posted at 11:42 AM on August 22, 2011

Not only is that bow hideous but no mother shoudl wear white on her daughters wedding EVER!! Its bad taste, tacky and never a trend setting idea.

SaQu

Posted at 4:58 PM on August 22, 2011

White or black was the dress code that Kim told ALL of her guests to wear, there were many women there in white dresses per Kim’s request/demand.

saramacg09

Posted at 10:11 PM on August 26, 2011

Regardless it was tacky of her to wear a gown like that. She is basically wearing a wedding gown. She had a world of white dresses to choose from that wouldn’t have been floor length gowns just as long if not longer than her daughter’s wedding dress