'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Recap: Ashley Holmes Calls Her Mom A B***H!

Sun, August 21, 2011 11:29pm EDT by 36 Comments

Just when we thought Ashley’s behavior towards her mother couldn’t get any worse, she goes ahead and gives her mom the ultimate insult after announcing she’s moving to California!

Last week on the August 14th episode of RHONJ Ashley Holmes faced an intervention. It was so serious that her father, Matt Holmes, flew in from Texas to take part in it! But clearly the intervention didn’t knock any sense into Ashley’s head.

The end of the intervention did not go as planned. Jacqueline Laurita ended up crying in a corner as Ashley called her “immature” and said she acts like an “eighth grader.” But the real drama occurred at the end of the episode when Ashley called her mom a “b***h.”

And Jaqueline responded, crying, saying, “All the love I have in the world I give to her.” And Ashley proceeded to say, “I’m over it and done, she’s immature.”

Ashley definitely needs more than an intervention to get whipped back into shape!

Meanwhile, Kathy Wakile  hosted a goddess themed party for all of the housewives — drawing Teresa Guidice, Melissa Gorga AND Kathy Wakile into the same room. In between little bickering, there surprisingly wasn’t a full blowout fight as expected. Appears as if these housewives are growing to like each other a little bit more each episode. Carolina Manzo even admitted to growing fond of Kathy!

What did you think of tonight’s episode Hollywoodlifers? Let us know and drop a comment below!

Chris

Posted at 12:22 PM on February 25, 2014

Ashlee is the worst spoilt brat I have ever seen on TV. Kick her out of home, cut off any money and let her try and fend for herself. BRAT.

B

Posted at 12:30 PM on November 19, 2011

Ashley, you are a spoiled little ingorant b***h. You have no idea how lucky you are to have your mother. I would kill to have even just one more day with mine. Start appreciating her.

Marilyn

Posted at 3:50 PM on October 12, 2011

Ashley, i know its very tuff with what your going through. I give you credit for being putting up with some many two faced people thay sorround you. Just focus on what you need to do in life and dont let anything or anyone get in the way. I know you mean well, you just need to focus and stay on the right tract. :)

Wendy

Posted at 11:59 AM on October 9, 2011

Ashley grow up you should thank God that you have such a wonderful stepfather and such a wonderful loving Mom. Get out into the real world and work and stop being a spoiled brat. Learn to work like everyone else.

mrs. w.

Posted at 7:35 PM on October 8, 2011

Grow up you spoiled little brat.. show some respect too.

X

Posted at 8:22 PM on September 11, 2011

I really want to like Ashley but she’s just a brat. She pisses me off and needs to straighten up. Her mother tries and her stepfather is such a great person if he can deal with her and not toss her to the side since she’s only his stepdaughter. She just really needs to grow up and quit being on the defense all the time. I’m 18 years old and I am lightyears more mature than that girl is.

Geez

Posted at 10:18 PM on September 4, 2011

I really just don’t like Ashley.

I was a young single mom and my son who is now 21 is nothing like this spoiled rotten kid. I’m so proud of him and we have a great relationship. He went through his teen jerk phase and then one day (on his own) he sat next to me and apologized for being such a jerk to “such an amazing mom.” Kids do go through an I’m entitled thing but if they are basically good kids they don’t need an intervention to wake up and smell the coffee.

I think Jac has a great deal to do with Ash’s sense of entitlement. However at the age of 20 Ash should be self aware enough to stop the madness on her own. It didn’t take my son that long. He got a clue at the age of 18 and we are still close and he has respect for me as well as for himself. He finished his degree and is on pretty solid career path.

These are my opinions and it’s ok if others don’t agree.

Nance

Posted at 12:49 AM on August 25, 2011

Ashley disgust me like no other human makes me sick.
Shes ungrateful.
Disrespectful.
Lazy.
In the previous seasons ashley has taken everything as a joke
And completely for granted. Her parents should have seen this coming,
Years ago. They need to cut her off completely and let her
Make her mistakes, let her think shes right and worry about the two little boys they still have years of raising to do.
Ashley will blame everybody else for her mistakes and set backs.
In a perfect world I would kick ashleys but old school style she fears no one, thats the problem. Also lauren desrves an apology, cute her off and let her fall, a person like ashley only learns on her own.

Cynn

Posted at 12:24 AM on August 25, 2011

Ashley’s right sorry to say… I had a similar relationship with my family… I was spoiled and jaded… My mother never worked… I had no concept of responsibility just got everything handed to me… I never even had to clean my room!! If the carpet got dirty my mother would just lay down tile… If I wanted to quit ballet she’d let me… I could quit and start up anything I wanted… Which btw was often… I had really no structure… And when I was old enough to make my own decisions I was criticized left and right… I was hurt and confused because I’d never experienced anything like this… I resented my mother later for being MORE of a FRIEND than a MOTHER… which I’m sure is what happened with Ashley and Jaqueline… Eventually Ashley will come to her senses but until then Jaqueline needs to let the bird she raised fly…

JJDavis

Posted at 11:54 PM on August 24, 2011

Ashley is an ungrateful, immature, diva and needs to be kicked out of her Mother’s home and fend for herself. No matter how her parents raised her, she is old enough now to choose to move past all the baggage from her childhood. You cannot keep living your life in the shadow of your childhood. You decide your destiny, not how you were raised. Live above the influence.

Lady di

Posted at 7:21 PM on August 22, 2011

Fabby not flabby. Appologies to lovely lauren

Comeon

Posted at 5:36 PM on August 22, 2011

I agree with just about all the comments and understand the disgust for this woman, Ashley. However, she is a product of her parents. The worst offender being the step-father. They created this a-hole. It’s hilarious that they aren’t looking at themselves in dissecting what Ashley’s “problem” is, and why she behaves like a selfish, entitled, disrespectful b*tch. THEY are the problem. Of course, she is, in part, culpable for her actions and her failure in life, but she was never taught personal responsibility to begin with. And, I must say, the only solvent observation and comment that I’ve heard from Ashley during the run of this show is that her mother is immature. Jacqueline is so sadly emotionally, psychologically, and intellectually stunted. It’s like she stopped developing at age seventeen or so. Pathetic. The lot of them.

Kandy

Posted at 4:30 PM on August 22, 2011

I think the Parents of Ashley should have her off the show.
Ashley has so much growing up to do, and she is making a fool of herself on TV.
That stupid smirk on that girls face is revolting.

Lady di

Posted at 7:22 PM on August 22, 2011

Amen sister

kellyp

Posted at 11:57 PM on August 22, 2011

I was thinking the exact same thing. Ashley shouldn’t be allowed on the show. Why reward her horrible behavior? I could never call my mom a b. It was so disgusting. Despite what ashley believes..no ones on this earth loves her more than her parents.

Pamela Dee

Posted at 3:54 PM on August 22, 2011

Theresa was a big fat stinker. She was jealous of Kathy’s party and had to tell everything that she was “opening a restaurant”. Where? In Jail? I used to get a kick out of her but no more. Either this is a game, for the cameras or she’s really a bad apple. YUK.

Kathy accepted it with grace but clearly was a bit put out. No, one, but NO ones, complains about the food that is served to you. You shut up and don’t eat anymore. It isnt as if Kathy served her eel eyes or something. It was parsley from gawd sake.

kat

Posted at 9:25 AM on August 22, 2011

omg! you write the worse recaps. why bother?

Solidstate

Posted at 5:07 PM on August 22, 2011

LOL. I was just thinking something similar. The title infers that the piece is about that obnoxious woman Ashley (yes, woman. She’s 20, not the 12-year-old who presents as such). Then the piece goes on as if it’s a re-cap – a really lame re-cap. Why bother is right. Lol.

Gayle

Posted at 6:45 AM on August 22, 2011

As it should be obvious to anybody with a brain, Ashley has been made to feel that her birth interrupted her mother’s life and ruined the relationship between her mother and father. She believes that if her mother had had an abortion she would have had the life she really wanted. What people fail to see is that she is troubled and the only way she knows how to hurt her parents is to underachieve. It is too bad that they did not stress education and go-away college when it would have mattered. She would have really benefited from the college experience and getting away from her Mom.

Rebecca

Posted at 4:09 AM on August 22, 2011

What a disappointment and disgrace Ashley must be to her parents. Someone should smack her upside her head. She is so irresponsible and unappreciative. Let her go to Califoria without any support. She is in for a rude awakening. Can’t wait to see the follow-up on how well she does on her own.

zoot

Posted at 2:47 AM on August 22, 2011

While Ashley is a nightmare, she seems like she is a direct product of her mom. Jacqueline is also immature and whiney. She doesn’t “fight” like a mother..she argues just as immaturely as Ashley does. Ashley should have never got to this point..Jacqueline should have had stricter discipline years ago..too late now and she wonders why Ash behaves like she does. They both need to grow up.

Patricia

Posted at 2:13 AM on August 22, 2011

Ashley wants to be GIVEN EVERYTHING. Many young people her age, work AND go to school, but she doesn’t want to do ANYTHING. Clearly she has no passion or direction in life. She wants her parents to continue to fund her aimless lifestyle. Hell no, I wouldn’t do it either. After ALL they’ve given her, she had the NERVE to expect more?! Total brat. At 20 yrs of age, you just have to let them go. And a disrespectful child like that would have been injured and out of my house a LONGGG time ago.

Guest

Posted at 5:10 PM on August 22, 2011

Lol @ “would have been injured”

dj

Posted at 1:59 AM on August 22, 2011

Ashley needs a good old-fashioned ass-whooping. Who the hell is she to call her mother immature when she’s the one who is acting like a spoiled, entitled little brat? She is totally clueless about life in the real world. She thinks she is just going to go to California (who’s going to pay for that?), go to school (what school does she think she’s going to get into?), get a job (who’s going to hire her?), and have her own house (how is she going to pay for it?) She neds to “wake up and smell the coffee” as Ann Landers used to say.

Guest

Posted at 5:21 PM on August 22, 2011

Who’s going to pay for this and that? Her parents! Why would it be any different than what they’ve done thus far? What school? She doesn’t want or need an education. Job? Again, doesn’t need one. House? Step-daddy will buy her a couple. You know, because maybe if he buys her a house as he did the cars it will “motivate” her, right? She doesn’t have to live in or know anything about the “real world.” Her parents built her the bubble she lives in and will continue to facilitate her fantasy world. If anyone is clueless, it’s the parents. This woman should have never been featured on this show when she was still a child. I believe being on this show contributed greatly to her inflated sense of entitlement and delusions of grandeur.

CB

Posted at 1:16 AM on August 22, 2011

Ashley has no soul. She thinks flashing that vacuous smile and her daddy(s) will repair anything. Let her go to California and fall on her face. She better make sure that she has a job lined up that pays at least 60K to survive and plenty of savings for when she gets fired. I almost fell off my seat laughing when she said that she was going to have her own house! Hilarious. I can’t wait to see this train wreck hit rock bottom. Maybe then she will realize what great parents she has.

dj

Posted at 2:04 AM on August 22, 2011

Yeah, I’d like to slap that stupid smirk off her face. She thinks everything is a big “joke” and a waste of her time because she has better things to do. Just wait. If she actually does make it out to California, the “joke” is going to be on her!

Patricia

Posted at 2:15 AM on August 22, 2011

I agree with everything you said DJ.

dj

Posted at 2:08 AM on August 22, 2011

She is so clueless. She couldn’t even afford to live in someone’s garage in California. She probably thinks she’s going to make enough money to live in a mansion like she does now with her parents. Boy, is she in for a surprise!

Paula

Posted at 2:18 AM on August 22, 2011

AMEN! I am looking forward to the day she finally realizes what she had, returns home and can be the daughter that her parents deserve; shopping, watching movies together, cooking together and maybe some day planning a wedding together, I especially feel for Jacqueline :? (

Sure Girl

Posted at 1:09 AM on August 22, 2011

For the first few seasons, I really liked Teresa Guidice. She was classy, stylish and carried herself like a woman in her position should. However, I am completely disgusted by her attitude, her nasty, snarky remarks to her sister in law as well as her cousin. Mellisa has come out on top, by the way she has handled herself (wethor on or off camera). I certainly did not appreciate Teresa’s NASTY and by all means (absurd) comment regarding Mellisa’s outfit! I was born and raised on the Jersey Shore and the beautiful and classy women down here do not dress trashy! First of all, Mellisa looked and always looks fantastic in whatever she wears, and stores down here only “cater” to the trashy North Jersey girls by selling certain types of clothing for when they come down here and invade our little shore towns for the summer!!! Get off ur high horse Teresa bc ur attitude now sucks, and this once big fan of urs considers u nothing but rude, jealous, insecure…and most of all, ur personality makes u just plain UGLY!

sylvia

Posted at 8:56 AM on August 22, 2011

I too used to think Theresa was funny, loyal to her friends and family, and just am overall decent person but I guess that was all an act because her true colors are shining through. If its not about her and how great she is then its just not important and god forbid anyone has aspirations for starting a new business (like a restaurant) then in her pea size mind they are copying her because they’re all jealous of her. She has gone from being the fun loving housewife to the ego maniac we see every Sunday. Caroline – please do that thing you do and take her down a peg AND while you’re at it send her back to school so she can learn the English language!

Lisa

Posted at 1:06 AM on August 22, 2011

That fat ugly b*tch Ashley needs an a** whipping, she is a nasty rude fat b*tch and they should have thrown her out a long time ago.

dj

Posted at 2:11 AM on August 22, 2011

I totally agree with you on the ass-whipping. She just expects everything to be handed to her without having to do anything to earn it, and then she doesn’t appreciate anything that she gets.

Paula

Posted at 2:21 AM on August 22, 2011

she is definitely an ingrate, that’s for sure and she does need a swift kick to the rear! judging by your comments you aren’t very mature and I’m guessing a size 1 ?!

EastCoastGirl

Posted at 12:35 AM on August 23, 2011

C’mom everybody. Ashley obviously has MAJOR psychiatric issues. I wish I was a licensed md, but I think she has bipolar, possibly schizephrenia and maybe personality disorder. This makes people SUPER DIFFICULT to deal with. I’m surprised that she is still living at the home. I totally feel the pain that the family is going through. I have very similiar situation and it is heartbreaking because it is a lifelong disease for which there is no cure. Ashley looks normal but is very far from normal. It also makes me very sad to see people who have access to better healthcare not see results. Not great news for the rest of us. Good luck and don’t completely give up Lauritas. Take a break from her now and then.