'Teen Mom' Star Ryan Edwards' Parents Are Trying To Break Up Maci Bookout & Kyle King!

Fri, August 19, 2011 8:30am EDT by 53 Comments

Ryan’s mom Jen will do anything to make sure Maci never takes Bentley away from her son, even if it means destroying her relationship with Kyle!

Teen Mom star Maci Bookout is fed up with her baby daddy Ryan Edwards parents. Aside from putting ideas in his head to start a custody battle, Jen and Larry Edwards are trying to get involved in Maci’s love life by using Bentley‘s well-being as an excuse! What should she do?

On a recent episode of Teen Mom, Jen learned that Maci, 20, and her serious boyfriend Kyle King were living together and ran and ratted the news out to Ryan. “You can prevent her from living with boyfriends. There’s not any judge around there that’s going to go for that,” she told Ryan. “It’s not a good arrangement for Bentley. There doesn’t need to be a bunch of guys coming in and out of his life.”

When Maci and Kyle watched the episode, they were OUTRAGED. “It aggravates the hell out of me,” Maci tells Us Weekly. “Ryan’s parents aren’t doing this for Bentley’s benefit.”

“Kyle is the only person I have dated since Ryan, and to date Ryan has had five girlfriends and they have all met Bentley,” Maci adds. “I don’t think it bothered Ryan. I think it bothered his parents. Ryan’s parents tell him what to do.”

Maci is sick of the Edwards treating Kyle like some random guy, when he plays a huge role in Bentley’s life — he’s pretty much a second dad!

“Kyle gets very frustrated that he has no say in anything, yet he takes on more responsibility than Ryan does,” Maci says of Kyle, who recently quit his job in Nashville to move to Chattanooga, Tenn. to be with her and Bentley. “He is like, ‘I’m basically Bentley’s other dad. I provide for you guys, I am here for you guys, but I can’t do anything.”

Maci feels that Ryan’s parents are being “selfish” and simply pushing him to go to court just so they can get more time with Bentley. But Maci’s done being nice.

“The only way Ryan could ever get a single right is if he got it from a judge,” Maci admits. “I can decide if Ryan gets to see him or not. I get to decide everything. I’m sure it scares him.”

What do you think Teen Mom fans? Are Ryan’s parents getting too involved with Maci and Kyle’s relationship?

–Leigh Blickley

More On ‘Teen Mom’ Maci:

1. Jail, Drugs & Cheating — The 8 Most Shocking ‘Teen Mom’ Meltdowns!
  2. Maci Bookout Is So Mad At Her Ex, Ryan: “I Wanted To Cut His Eyeballs Out!”
  3. ‘Teen Mom’ Maci Bookout: ‘I Still Love Ryan!’ Oh No, Is He Coming Between Her And Kyle?

Donnel

Posted at 4:01 AM on August 26, 2012

Kyle has a cleft lip! He’s with Maci cause he cant get any better. She can do better but cant leave him now cause Bentley’s attached!

Caitie

Posted at 4:09 AM on August 12, 2012

I think they are getting to involved bc maci should be able to date any guy she wants wIthout Ryan’s parents say so in it!!

Reid

Posted at 5:05 PM on June 30, 2012

Hello I am a dude that watch’s teen mom frequently. I really like Jen Edwards, Ryan’s mom, I think it’s groovy that she is taking a yearly picture of Ryan and Maci. I think it a sweet thing to do for Bently. She is just a proud grandmother.
Ok be well, Teen Mom community,
Reid

Julie

Posted at 2:22 PM on June 12, 2012

Is ryans parents watching the same show that we are? Ryan has had random girl after random girl around his son, as we have seen on the show. AND its weird how he brings them around his son right away and doesnt have the decency to at least introduce the girls to Maci, I would be absolutely livid! Maci shocks me how cool and calm she stayed through out those episodes of ‘Teen Mom’. I personally think Ryan is jealous of the relationship and time Kyle has with maci and bentley, so he brings bentley around these random girls to “get even” with Maci. But the truth is, he is actually damaging his time he has with his son to bond. Instead of bonding with him during these critical years, he is dragging his son while he dates.Its Immature & Selfish, really.And if wants to play hard ball and take Maci to court, he might just destroy the last bit of patience she has had for him and his family. I don’t see that ending well for him.

Callie Jo

Posted at 6:21 PM on June 4, 2012

Ryan’s Parents Need to just butt out and mind their own business. Ryan needs to grow up and think for himself! Ryan and Maci need grow up, work together and find happiness in their personal lives. And put their son first and stop all the drama.

Ryan is a deadbeat

Posted at 4:39 PM on January 1, 2012

Ryan’s parents should have been more concerned with raising Ryan right instead of letting him turn out to be a lousy deadbeat! Maci stayed with that loser way too long. He didn’t show any interest in being a father to his child at all and instead of getting on his case about that they just kept pushing them to get married! Its pretty obvious his parents are orchestrating the court action, he wouldn’t bother cause he doesn’t care about his son. On Dr. Drew he said being a father is just an obligation. Yeah, what an awesome dad!

AMY

Posted at 9:15 PM on September 6, 2011

Hey Ryan’s Mom – it’s time to cut the cord. Seriously.

MAH

Posted at 8:43 PM on August 28, 2011

TO START A FAMILY AND LOVE HIM LIKE HE WAS HIS OWN. RYAN’S PARENTS ARE DO FULL OF BS AND NEED TO GO DO SOMETHING WITH THERE LIFE AND STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MACI, BENTLEY, AND KYLE FAMILY. MACI YOU KEEP DOING YOU AND STEP IT UP AND SHOW THEM THAT YOU DNT NEED TO TAKE NO BS FROM NO ONE CAUSE YOU ARE THE MOTHER OF BENTLEY AND YOU KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR HIM.

MAH

Posted at 8:39 PM on August 28, 2011

THEY NEED TO LEAVE MACI AND KYLE ALONE ALREADY ITS BS THAT THEY DO EVERYTHING FOR BENTLEY AND RYAN AINT NEVER IN THE PICTURE AT ALL HE ALWAYS OFF DOING SOMETHING ELSE ONLY HIS SO CALLED PARENTS HAVE HIM. MACI TRIES THE BEST SHE CAN TAKING CARE OF HER SON WHILE GOING TO SCHOOL AND HER BF KYLE. KYLE IS A REAL MAN HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR BENTLEY WHEN HE NEEDS HIM AND IS A REAL MAN FOR LEAVING HIS JOB THAT HE HAD FOR SO LONG TO COME MOVE TO A PLACE HE DONT EVEN KNOW

rara

Posted at 9:37 PM on August 26, 2011

I don’t think they’re worried Maci will take Bentley away from Ryan, I think they’re worried Maci will take Bentley away from THEM. grandparents need to know when to step in and when to stay out

Jen

Posted at 2:57 AM on August 25, 2011

Ryan pretends to be a good dad just because of the cameras. He has seen what a FOOL he was when he was leaving Maci with Bentley while he was out living it up. Kyle seems like a ONE in a TRILLION man. Very hard to find. Ryan is good looking; but what does looks do for you? In the end NOTHING.

Nana

Posted at 12:32 PM on August 24, 2011

They are way to involved i know from experience how kyle feels, and what Ryans parents are doing is unexeptable!!

growup

Posted at 10:34 AM on August 24, 2011

So Maci doesn’t work and has dropped all classes, and Kyle doesn’t work? Where is the money coming in and how is all this stable for Bent? She insists that being a mom has taken up all her tome and can’t complete schopl work, but wants another baby? You don’t work and bent is with Ryan.at LEAST 3 days out of the week , what are you doing on those days? Oh I forgot, according to your Twitter, its partying, clubs bikinis and beaches! Lovely. I have no doubt Maci is a good mom, but I also believe she goes overboard with bragging het rigjts and using them to hurt Ryan… In no way do I believe she is thinkong about bent as far as that situatiom goes. Maci def.needs to.get her crap together especially if she’s seriously considering anothet baby when she has yet to be successful at her college semester attempts. Prioritize!

sherry

Posted at 11:08 PM on August 28, 2012

Are you watching the same show I am? I think they both need to grow up. Maci sometimes sets her son up for hurt by having Bentley call his daddy and invite him to things without clearing it with Ryan first. You mention that Maci is not working…. i find that amusing that you attack Maci when Ryan still lives with his parent and mooches off of them. He should be in school or out on his own in his own residence making his own way. I would bet money that mommy & daddy pay his child support. His mother is a freaking idiot and is enabling her son to be a loser and do nothing with his life. I see his parents wanting more to do with Bentley than he does but they are definately overstepping their boundaries. Their son will not be a man when they are treating him like a boy and they are doing him an injustice.