'LA Ink' Canceled! Is Karma Coming Back To Bite Kat Von D For Her Bratty Behavior?

Thu, August 18, 2011 6:07pm EDT by 70 Comments

Luck seems to have run out for celebrity tattoo artist, Kat Von D, whose show, LA Ink has gotten the boot from TLC! Could this be payback for refusing to play nice to the press?

It’s no secret the 29-year-old reality TV star, Kat Von D, is notorious for her bad girl behavior when it comes to dealing with the press. From walking out on interviews to canceling important appearances, she hasn’t made a great reputation for herself with the public, particularly after her relationship with Sandra Bullock‘s cheating ex-husband Jesse James. Now, with the cancelation of her reality show, it looks like karma has come to collect.

TLC spoke with Us Weekly and confirmed the cancelation of LA Ink, which followed Kat’s tattooing career including the day-to-day operations of her West Hollywood shop, High Voltage Tattoo.

“[The] current season of LA Ink will be its last,” TLC said. “The network is proud of what the series has accomplished in its four seasons, following Kat Von D’s journey as an artist from Miami to Los Angeles.”

The past year hasn’t been easy for Kat, who has dealt with one loss after another. From her cat dying to her house burning down to a painful breakup with Sandra Bullock‘s ex-husband, Jesse James, it looks like Kat is about to get a lot more humble when it comes to living in the spotlight.

“As much as I’d like to picture [myself] being this strong, independent woman, the truth is most of the time I’m not as strong as I’d like to be,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “But I’m still trying.”

Maybe she could pick up a few tips from fellow reality star Kate Gosselin whose show, Kate Plus Eight also got a pink slip from TLC.

Are you stoked or stunned that Kat’s show was cancelled? Do you think she deserves everything unfortunate that’s come her way? Sound off in the comments!

Jessica zeigler

Posted at 2:54 AM on December 29, 2012

this makes me terribly sad .. /:
just gonna stay up all night and watch her on Netflix , </3 pluuuuuus whatever happened to Adrianna ? they left everything just so unknown ;(

jan speakman

Posted at 2:23 AM on December 21, 2012

I want you to come back kat. I loved your show I never missed a show. I always wanted a tattoo from kat von d. I went out and read your book and it was good. I bought some of her perfume and I loved it. I would love to have her autograph .

Rene

Posted at 11:57 AM on December 3, 2012

LA Ink was a great show! Bring Kat Back!

Allison

Posted at 4:05 AM on October 16, 2012

NOOOOO! Bring Kat back :(

Sylvie Zaharia

Posted at 7:23 PM on October 3, 2012

Really Honey Boo Boo is the worst show ever, bring Kat back!

laurie ann jones

Posted at 3:48 PM on October 3, 2012

i think its awful kat isnt coming back on its one of my most fav shows love u kat and ur not bratty just misunderstood man………………….

Alex

Posted at 2:36 AM on July 3, 2012

I didn’t find Kat to be bratty at all…

Kathy

Posted at 10:05 PM on June 16, 2012

I love Kat Von D but never really watched her show until it was picked up on NUVO and AMERI. It’s my favorite show to watch when I get home from work. I tend to record little marathons everyday and have been catching up on what happened, but mostly just love the inspiration while I’ve been designing my own next tattoo. Good luck to Kat. She’ll be just fine without TLC and thank God she got rid of that loser, what was his name again? She’s an amazing woman and artist and I love her makeup and perfume line with or without her show.

Luke

Posted at 8:50 AM on June 14, 2012

I don’t think TLC deserves a good show like LA Ink if they cant take into consideration that although it is a business the show requires Kat’s life and if they cant respect that then they have proven to be incompetent in production. However I think that no one can speculate on Kat as a person and what she did or didn’t do its TV after all and TV shows like LA ink fast became about drama for TLC because they wanted to pull that “different audience ” in. I think Kat is FAR from over and if another network doesn’t fast pick up on this women’s talent (women being KAT) then I would be very surprised shocked and disgusted your darn right i think the show should go on !

john vargo

Posted at 7:26 AM on June 12, 2012

what is kay vargo talking about?

kay vargo

Posted at 7:24 AM on June 12, 2012

hofully she dosen’t!!!

ctf

Posted at 4:31 PM on May 25, 2012

I just love how TLC made it look as if the show was cancelled. It was actually Kat’s decision to stop making the show.

Gail Bandy

Posted at 8:30 AM on May 21, 2012

I am sorry that her show was canceled, yes there were things she may have done better, but who isn’t guilty of that? Kat was under a microscope and when you are under a microscope all things are revealed and the media is guilty of highlighting the points they want….RATINGS…..she is very talented, her staff is talented and the show should have continued whether or not she had a personal problem with some media or problem meeting deadlines. My husband died May 5th, 2012 and he was guilty of failing to meet deadlines, I’d take him back in a minute, love him in spite of missing deadlines or being late. He was worth every minute we spent with him. If Kat Von D was still on TV, I’d apply right now to have a tattoo made. One that meant something to my husband and I. Gail

steve

Posted at 6:53 AM on June 28, 2012

im sure she is still doin tats try to hunt her down it would more that worth it

texas rose

Posted at 11:59 PM on May 17, 2012

I read a comment from kat that it was her decision to stop the show because they kept dwelling on her break up She has so much more in her life, she ain’t sitting around..no she doesn’t deserve bad things…she is so extremely talented I hope she doesn’t stop tattoing..that would be like a talented artist to stop painting just because it made them famous. I have one tattoo never wanted any more but I would love to have her tattoo me just for the beauty of her work..

ashley

Posted at 11:12 AM on April 24, 2012

La ink is a quality program that should be made again. her treatment of corry miller was unjust as he made the program she should never of employed her brother Michael that was her down fall he was nothing but a sly deceitful back stabber I don’t even know what he does there waste of space

T.V

Posted at 10:37 PM on April 17, 2012

i just into the show when it was canceled, when NY ink was made i only got into it during the ending of season 1 then that was canceled TLC has canceled 3 of its most successful shows “Miami Ink”, “LA Ink” and “NY Ink” and is starting to piss me and a lot of other people off

Jim C

Posted at 4:56 PM on April 9, 2012

Oh, by the way, I’m not a “too’er” and do not live a “LA lifestyle”. Just appreciate dynamic program not run of the mill dramas or, as of late, reality tv.
Thanks for allowing this post.

Jim C

Posted at 4:52 PM on April 9, 2012

I know I’m a little late for the party, however, I do have time to get caught up on “reality tv”. I enjoy several Discovery/TLC programs.
Big mistake cancelling “LA INK”. This show is a constantly evolving dynamic in comparison to any of the other “reality” shows I’ve observed and is more “reality” than any of the rest(including, sadly, the American Chopper series.
And now the network is trying to “shove” a reworked and renewed(?) Jesse James series. I will boycott this reworked series and post blog information to others to avoid this less than creative attempt a replacement for “LA INK”.

Bobbie

Posted at 10:50 PM on March 19, 2012

Kat, all you tatoo people should have long sleeve t-shirts with a flesh background and yours or other tatoos. I know we’d all love to wear a top that has tatoo art all over. Back in the 60’s I had one with Lyle Tuttle’s tatoos all over. I bet it would be a big seller. Come on, share with old chickens like me. Don’t make them too clingy, or people like me wont want to show their rolls. (smile)

Raee

Posted at 9:57 AM on March 6, 2012

i loved that show and it should come back on.
GIVE KAT ANOTHER CANCE

buddha

Posted at 11:28 AM on January 27, 2012

kat is a great artist but shes gotta a lot of growing up to do. she sucks as a boss and has no idea how to deal with employees. and if that business with corey miller was the real deal she shoulda been slapped stupid for the way she treated him after he came to the shop to help her out, and he was an established artist long before she hit town!

Eva Vargas

Posted at 2:37 AM on January 26, 2012

Good, it’s gone. Who cares?

Roylin Murphy

Posted at 2:12 PM on January 21, 2012

I think another channel should pick up LA Ink. Cause I love the show. I watched it since it first came out. I would love to have a tattoo done by Kat Von D. I got 3 as it. I plan for more in the future and I would love to have a Kat Von D artwork. But someone should pick up this amazing show.

sonia lopez

Posted at 9:27 AM on January 19, 2012

Really? Come on give kat another shot. She is such an inspiration to many people. If I were going through all that i would probably act out the same way. Kat you rock

Mia

Posted at 3:44 PM on January 17, 2012

I’m so disappointed that “La Ink” is cancelled. I loved Kat, and the show. I hope to get a tattoo by her one day; she’s such an inspiration to me.