'LA Ink' Canceled! Is Karma Coming Back To Bite Kat Von D For Her Bratty Behavior?

Thu, August 18, 2011 6:07pm EDT by 70 Comments

Luck seems to have run out for celebrity tattoo artist, Kat Von D, whose show, LA Ink has gotten the boot from TLC! Could this be payback for refusing to play nice to the press?

It’s no secret the 29-year-old reality TV star, Kat Von D, is notorious for her bad girl behavior when it comes to dealing with the press. From walking out on interviews to canceling important appearances, she hasn’t made a great reputation for herself with the public, particularly after her relationship with Sandra Bullock‘s cheating ex-husband Jesse James. Now, with the cancelation of her reality show, it looks like karma has come to collect.

TLC spoke with Us Weekly and confirmed the cancelation of LA Ink, which followed Kat’s tattooing career including the day-to-day operations of her West Hollywood shop, High Voltage Tattoo.

“[The] current season of LA Ink will be its last,” TLC said. “The network is proud of what the series has accomplished in its four seasons, following Kat Von D’s journey as an artist from Miami to Los Angeles.”

The past year hasn’t been easy for Kat, who has dealt with one loss after another. From her cat dying to her house burning down to a painful breakup with Sandra Bullock‘s ex-husband, Jesse James, it looks like Kat is about to get a lot more humble when it comes to living in the spotlight.

“As much as I’d like to picture [myself] being this strong, independent woman, the truth is most of the time I’m not as strong as I’d like to be,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “But I’m still trying.”

Maybe she could pick up a few tips from fellow reality star Kate Gosselin whose show, Kate Plus Eight also got a pink slip from TLC.

Are you stoked or stunned that Kat’s show was cancelled? Do you think she deserves everything unfortunate that’s come her way? Sound off in the comments!

Jeannie Heyworth

Posted at 11:19 PM on July 8, 2014

I will miss kat Von d I really enjoyed her show she is an amazing artist, I bought her book and felt like we both went through a lot in our lives but we are still standing and still learning.

Waz 701

Posted at 10:02 AM on June 13, 2014

In french !

Je ne comprends pas vraiment l’anglais et devine seulement vos interventions …. Cette “série” est actuellement diffusée en France et porte haut, les couleurs “LA” …. tralala et etecera …..

On a l’impression que vous aimez bruler, ce que vous avez porté au nue un temps. Vous n’aimez pas ce qui est beau. C’est typiquement américain il me semble non ?

Valerie Marek

Posted at 10:03 AM on March 17, 2014

Overall I liked the show, but I was sooo sick of her and Cory. They were both the biggest whiners I have ever seen on tv. Every episode was oh, I’m so stressed, oh, I’m so busy, dude this, cool right? Omg, if you have to ask is it cool over and over, maybe it’s not! She sounded like a 14 yr. old high school girl, looks like a coloring book, and seems to have dated and slept with everyone she ever met. Dude, cool right. Uh, no. She’s a washed up, old coloring book that can’t pick a man to save her life, doesn’t care if one of them is married, and then cries on her show, dude, I’m so stressed! But, I’m so busy, so I’m stressed! Oh, nikki, I love you! Oh, Jesse I love you too! Oh, Oliver, I’m a cheat! End of story. Dude. Lol

Courtney

Posted at 4:00 PM on March 14, 2014

Me personally I have watched a few shows I think she is an awesome person her heart I think is to help and serve people yea we all fall short that’s part of life all in all God has amazing plans still in store for her!! I actually want a tattoo by her to share my story with her!! Why is it when someone messes up their shamed when we all are jacked up in done ways. I hope she gets another chance at this in the future!!

Rose

Posted at 10:42 AM on December 29, 2013

Kat is an amazing woman, she has done a lot for so many people and I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to have everything bad in your life published for the world to see and judge. She is not a brat for one and I am gutted LA ink will be no more

Salli

Posted at 8:24 AM on October 26, 2013

I view this programme from GB and only having seen a couple of series, I’[m surprised it went on this long. After setting up shop using Corie’s good name to boost sales, she then ditches him unceremoniously. What goes around comes around.

Jo

Posted at 12:07 PM on October 25, 2013

I live in the uk, I am gutted that LA ink has finished!!!!

Charlotte (Lottie) Taylor

Posted at 3:19 PM on October 22, 2013

I feel sorry for her personally, like the stress and everything must be so hard. I hope she finds herself in another super successful career! :)

test

Posted at 5:05 PM on March 17, 2013

I like this blog so much, bookmarked. “Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.” by Peter De Vries

Zantia aka pawpawlange(twitter)

Posted at 7:38 AM on March 16, 2013

I think it was wrong of her to act the way she did but no deserves to SUFFER because of mistakes you made. Obviously you have to be punished but not be handled cruel and unforgiving. I love LA ink but I don’t love what it has become!!! I do believe she was wrong at moments but I’m very sorry for what she’s been through. Hope everything works out for you Kat and wishing you the best for the future*

Alex

Posted at 11:23 PM on June 2, 2013

She deserves it, and I think having his junkie brother on the shop and firing Corey miller are the main causes

Julio

Posted at 1:53 PM on February 2, 2014

Her brother was a junkie I never knew that