Selena Gomez: 'I've Had Four Number One Club Hits & I've Never Stepped Foot In A Club!'

Wed, August 17, 2011 6:33pm EDT by 7 Comments

Selena Gomez isn’t your average wild 19-year-old celeb in Hollywood! She’s so grounded — she’s never gone out to a club!

Selena Gomez has it all: fame, fortune AND a hot boyfriend. In fact, she could probably get away with anything — even going to 21+ clubs — but she says it’s just not the scene for her. Even though her music with her band, The Scene, is played in clubs worldwide, the 19-year-old former Disney darling has never been privy to actually hearing it in action.

“I’ve had four number one club hits and I’ve never stepped foot in a club!” Selena told Channel 96.1 when she was on tour in Charlotte, NC earlier this month. “It’s kind of funny, but it’s really sweet. It’s kind of cool. So maybe one day I’ll be able to hear it.”

Staying out of the partying scene isn’t the only way Selena keeps grounded. She also is saving her money responsibly and says she’d probably only spend a big chunk of change if she bought a car.

“I’m actually not really allowed to ‘blow it away’ because my mom and my managers are like kind of managing me,” she admitted. “So they help me and they guide me.”

We love how Selena stays so grounded, even when she has the world at her finger tips. It’s refreshing! Do you think she’ll wait to go to 18+ clubs until Justin turns 18? Sound off below!

Loading video...

Melissa

Posted at 12:43 PM on August 18, 2011

Very unnatural and weird. She’s 19 but still acts like she’s 15.. Btw, maybe they play her hits in clubs in USA, but in other countries (like where I come from) they would never even consider it..

maria

Posted at 9:12 PM on August 17, 2011

I’m glad about the songs of her’s which made #1, she deserves it and they were all good songs. :) I’m also glad she hasn’t set foot in a club, I actually like her because she’s one of the few in Hollywood who hasn’t gone totally whacko even though she’s an adult now. I don’t want her to ruin that. She’ll be just like the others then :(

dumas1000

Posted at 7:05 PM on August 17, 2011

I don’t know what her definition of “number 1″ hit is. Perhaps she just means songs that tend to frequent clubs. Because none of her songs have ever been the number 1 song you would play inside of a club at the given time of their release. Love you Like a Love Song isn’t going to be Edge of Glory or Last Friday Night or Dance Party Anthem. Not unless we are talking about the Mickey Mouse Club.

Amy

Posted at 7:19 PM on August 17, 2011

Billboards has Dance/Club Play Songs Chart. 4 of her singles have been number 1 on the charts

yauh

Posted at 7:51 PM on August 17, 2011

Actually her song naturally club mix was number 1 billboard charts, so was round and round and now the who says and another i can’t remeber. Good for her….hope she keeps living her dream and encourage others to do theirs.

alex

Posted at 1:57 AM on August 18, 2011

you dont know anything billboard . her songs made no . 1 in dance/club charts many times .

paul

Posted at 4:55 PM on August 18, 2011

Hi loser,
what have you achieved so far in your life?