Abercrombie & Fitch Wants To Pay The Situation NOT To Wear Their Clothes!

Wed, August 17, 2011 3:02pm EDT by 18 Comments

After the ‘Jersey Shore’ reality star was spotted sporting bright green pants from the retailer, they issued a statement — and they aren’t pleased!

While most brands love to see a celeb or reality star in their clothing, the same doesn’t apply to Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino and Abercrombie & Fitch — apparently they think the press is going to hurt their image! After he turned up in Italy sporting a casual pair of green A&F sweats, the brand released a press release entitled, “Abercrombie & Fitch Proposes a Win-Win Situation,” which stated:

“We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino’s association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image. We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans.

We have therefore offered a substantial payment to Michael ‘The Situation‘ Sorrentino and the producers of MTV’s The Jersey Shore to have the character wear an alternate brand. We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response.”

While I don’t think much of the Situation and his graphic tees, (he’s obviously far from stylish), I think A&F is taking it a bit too far. I understand that he isn’t their target demographic and they feel the need to protect their image, but at the same time I didn’t for a second think he was gifted the sweats! It’s hard to control who’s going to walk into a store and purchase an item, and last I checked it doesn’t really make sense to turn customers away, especially in this economic climate. Sure, they might have had a mini panic attack when they saw the Situation sporting their sweats, but this seems a bit extreme if you ask me and I wouldn’t be surprised if it drove away costumers! Although it’s also hysterical and I’m sure the brand is soaking up all the press they’re getting over it.

What do you think? Should A&F calm down or are they totally justified?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Get More Style Gossip Here!:

1. Kristen Stewart Walks The Red Carpet In A $40 Shirt From Market: Get It Here!
  2. Selena Gomez Vs. Beyonce– Whose More Stunning In Sparkles On Stage?
  3. The Entire Missoni For Target Collection: Finally Revealed!

1kyfan

Posted at 11:32 PM on March 29, 2012

I have never heard anything more stupid in my life! A&F should be paying him to wear their ugly clothes! Seriously no one wears that crap anymore!

Sergio

Posted at 12:49 PM on November 11, 2011

When I heard this, I was shocked.
I am a big fan of the jersey shore and today I was looking to buy some sweats. I remembered the situation wore some cool sweats on the jersey shore in Italy so I looked into buying some. When I looked for them online, this artical came up and I was completely SHOCKED! Why would they make such a stupid marketing decision.
I will no longer be looking to buy those sweats from them.

reader

Posted at 4:19 PM on August 27, 2011

Is it bcause he’s italian?

Christian

Posted at 1:50 AM on August 20, 2011

Hey guys shop at karmaloop and get 20 percent off with rep code Arciga023 and get 10 dollers of ur first order man! so sweet !

Winnie

Posted at 8:51 PM on August 19, 2011

Why do A&B have to tell the Situation he cant wear the clothes because he is a not a good role model for the brand.Have they looked beyond this situation lol and seen the actual public who are wearing them and what they are like nooooooo.So why pick on only Mike ???

prasitmenk

Posted at 11:37 PM on August 18, 2011

ป้า กา ปู่ กู้ อี จู้ ป้า ไม่ อยู่ ปู่ กิน เบียร์

Carlita

Posted at 9:40 PM on August 18, 2011

People should walk away from the brand. Who are they? And to offer to PAY the cast for not wearing their clothes is silly. I won’t be shopping there anymore.

Ashmo

Posted at 3:22 PM on August 18, 2011

Personally I think Abercrombie & Fitch are so f*ck@#$ racist its a shame…everytime you turn around either they dont want people wearing their clothes or FIRING minorities from their dam stores… my thing is if you dont like the dude then so what,just say youre not affiliated *clearly…but to tell someone not to wear your line b/c you think it will be damaging to the image just shows how they only want “the people in their ads” wearing their clothes. Kind of like Tommy Hilfiger..and guess what…NO ONE wears that crap anymore..MORONS!!!!!!!

ryan

Posted at 6:56 AM on August 18, 2011

I paid $22.87 for an iPad2-64-GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic Lumix GF 1 Camera that we got for $38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $645 which only cost me $62.81 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, [TagCent]-[com]
┗☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆┛

Cyclone

Posted at 6:41 AM on August 18, 2011

Lmfao! Omg the funniest thing i read in a while!.. & no he shouldn’t wear there brand he will kill it for all the gay casual looking men who sport A&F. He will kill it with his douchiness…

stef

Posted at 1:23 AM on August 18, 2011

nah its true no doubt he has the worst image in holly wood. That’s bad news for a & f no girls like the way he treats woman why would a great company like that support what he does in those sweat pants hell no hes gross thank GOODNESS !

LadyEpci

Posted at 12:46 AM on August 18, 2011

That’s stupid as fuck. Only immature are all like “I’m not going to wear [such and such] because this person wears it.” Wtf?

Dee

Posted at 10:03 PM on August 17, 2011

Ha ha.

Kate

Posted at 5:20 PM on August 17, 2011

That is hilarious.

Kimberleee

Posted at 4:33 PM on August 17, 2011

RACIST AZZES! And yes, that is exactly what A&F are. When you think it doesn’t exist anymore, some ignoramus proves that it is still alive!

Sarah

Posted at 4:14 PM on August 17, 2011

Abercrombie, give me or any other hard working good person a substantial amount of $$$ to stop wearing your clothes!! We’re far more deserving of it. Giving “The Situation” completly undeserved money is an insult to the rest of us!

Jake

Posted at 3:48 PM on August 17, 2011

L
M
F
A
O
smh.

kayla

Posted at 6:06 PM on August 17, 2011

i meant to say muslim employee’s sorry