Do You Think Miley Cyrus And Justin Timberlake Should Star In The 'Dirty Dancing' Remake?

Mon, August 15, 2011 7:26pm EDT by 22 Comments

HollywoodLife.com spoke to a source who revealed whether or not Miley would join the remake of the popular film! Do you want to see her as Baby?

Rumors have been running rampant about who will play the leads in a new remake of Dirty Dancing. Names reportedly tossed around have included Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato and Lea Michele for Baby and Justin Timberlake and Derek Hough for Johnny Castle. We spoke to a source close to Miley about the possibility of her appearing in remake of the movie that put Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey on the map.

“Miley loves Kenny Ortega,” the insider told HollywoodLife.com. Kenny was the choreographer for the original and is participating in this remake. “I wouldn’t say that it would be impossible for her to join, but she’ll be cautious about it. If it was an amazing script, then maybe she’d participate but right now she knows people have mixed feelings about the movie. It’s too early in the process to really know if she’d seriously consider it, the film is still in its infancy.”

What do you guys think of Miley doing this movie? Would you like to see her as Baby? Bookkeepers in the UK seem to think Justin Timberlake will get the part of Johnny Castle, what do you think of Miley and JT as a pair? Sound off below and cast the movie with your favorite actors!

Reporting by Russ Weakland

Hot From Our BFFs At Glamour.com!

1. The Best Beauty Products of 2011—According to YOU!
  2. 15 Things Men Don’t Want You to Know About Them
  3. 21 Ways to Wear Your Favorite Jeans
  4. Selena Gomez Kisses and Tells (and Shows Off Fall’s Prettiest Beauty Trends!)

mileyyyyyy

Posted at 11:40 AM on August 17, 2011

i agree that miley and Justin Timberlake Should Star In The ‘Dirty Dancing’ Remake

because mileyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy we love u

ALDANA

Posted at 5:18 PM on August 18, 2011

VOTO POR MILEY

crizo

Posted at 8:46 AM on August 17, 2011

no, no, no im sorry but hannamontana is not BABY and timberlake is not swayze forget about

Jules

Posted at 2:08 AM on August 17, 2011

THERE ARE SOME MOVIES THAT SHOULD JUST NOT BE REMADE AND DIRTY DANCING IS DEF. ONE OF THOSE…..I WILL NEVER WATCH A REMAKE OF DIRTY DANCING.

Michael Brian Gonzalez

Posted at 2:38 PM on August 16, 2011

On Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny You Should know that I Know your reatlionship is still going strong I dont know how long its going to last you two have been Toegether since August 2010 of Last Year well I’m still waiting for an Aoplogzie to me Yet I wish I knew the Answer to the whole thing about you and Liam You Should’ve told Liam about everything you done to me since you’ve Skipped the Teen Choice Awards this pasted Sunday Night I’m not trying to break you two up that’s all I’m just for your girlfriend to Aolopgize to me that’s all am asking of you Desnity your really made a monkey out of me I’m sick and tried of it Already one your’e Jerk anyway I’ll never forgive you or forget that night before you were on the late night Show with Jimmy Fallon where you put on fake mustace of me you conutine to mocking around like posted it on youtube your the one that made me upset on March 2007 my mother Hannah Montana where she screamed at Jackson the Epiose called My Boyfriend Jackson’s back there’s gonna be Trouble short for my Boyfriend’s back Desnity I’m angry with you turned my mom into a monster.

ellis

Posted at 2:03 PM on August 16, 2011

miley cyrus is perfect for the role to play ‘baby’ in the remake of dirty dancing with JT.
Miley Cyrus would put every effort into the role and she is super talented and deserves it, come on people give miley a break- this would be a smash hit and would just surprise everyone.
Miley and JT in the remake of dirty dancing is a great combination!

micca

Posted at 8:15 AM on August 16, 2011

No one can replace Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey……

Jirlo

Posted at 2:40 AM on August 16, 2011

Like Kayla said…

DANCING MOVIE!!!!!

No to Miley, to Demi AND to Lea – come on … they defently can NOT be Baby anyway!
and no to Justin and Derek..
It would be nice to get a lil close to the real movie (e.g. Footlose remake – the look similar what makes it easier for every generation…)

I would love not to see actors who are already “stars” ..

kayla

Posted at 1:10 AM on August 16, 2011

Okay, wait a minute… Isn’t this a dancing movie? Why is everyone attatched singers? Lea Michele can barely dance, Demi I don’t think I’ve ever seen dance, and Miley well she’d have to work super hard cause it’s not the type of dancing we see on her videos… The main scene was a bit dirty but ballroom yah know.

only for lea

Posted at 12:41 AM on August 16, 2011

i’m not a fan of remakes but if lea michele work on it i will watch.

Anna

Posted at 12:31 AM on August 16, 2011

nothing against miley or demi…but LEA MICHELE!!!! c’mon people she has the MOST amazing voice, lots of talent and fits the part pefectly!!!

Reena

Posted at 11:42 PM on August 15, 2011

Even if they do a remake I will still love the oringial.

Kimberly Brisendine

Posted at 11:28 PM on August 15, 2011

if miley plays it forget tons watching it. that is my fav movie of all times. And she isn’t a good actress(period).

The Boy

Posted at 10:26 PM on August 15, 2011

On Miley Cyrus

Denisty You Should Know that I haven’t hear a word out of you since you been with Liam I know hes a great guy I have repsect for your boyfriend. I really do You Could’ve told Liam what you did to me on Saturday Night Live back on March 5, 2011 Liam I wasn’t sure if you were aware of this sitatuion I bet your thinking like what’s been going on with your girlfriend Liam I bet you didn’t see the footage form SNL Your Girlfriend can do impersonatining Famous Celeberities well she’s didn’t had the guts to tell you Your Girlfriend dressed out as me the former eagle I’m nice guy No Disprescet your woman ought she’s made fun of my weight by calling me a homosexual In which I looked it up I’m So Sorry Liam she turn on your back on you for one second so she hide the edvince I’m glad I didn’t watch it ought everyone here in texas was talking about she portay a 27 year old man I mean look at Justin Timberlake he’s 30 years old hes has my respect for him as person, singer and loyal to his fans i know he loves them. he been working hard on his projects I bet your tried right now good luck with everything you Liam and keep your head up man The Hunger games movie I’m looking forward to see it in theathers next year.

Jesi

Posted at 10:16 PM on August 15, 2011

uh none of them. if there is a remake (they need to quit destroying the good stuff bc they are out of ideas) the brat has no maturity to play Baby….

ellis

Posted at 10:04 PM on August 15, 2011

miley cyrus would be the perfect candiated for baby in the remake of dirty dancing and I hope miley is the one that plays ‘baby’ cause it would be a smash hit if she played the part!

ACE

Posted at 9:53 PM on August 15, 2011

There should NOT be a remake of this movie! Bad enough they’ve ruined Footloose. Why can’t HWood come up with something original instead of remaking old movies? What happened to creativity and imagination?

cw

Posted at 10:08 PM on August 15, 2011

I agree!!!

Jirlo

Posted at 2:42 AM on August 16, 2011

I agree!!! [2]

-----

Posted at 9:07 PM on August 15, 2011

love them both

mk

Posted at 8:18 PM on August 15, 2011

Yes to both, i doubt its true tho..

Joy A. Beck

Posted at 9:59 PM on January 21, 2013

I can remember back the first time I ever watched the movie :
Dirty Dancing that Jennifer Grey & Patrick Swayze that was such a amazing movie. especially when she finally did that jump at the end.
It was with my mom, my kids & bunch of their friends. I can’t believe u ars trying to do a remake of the movie, I just hope its not Miley Cyrus or
Justin Timberlake. I hope u do some more. searching for whoever u are trying to play Jennifer Grey & Patrick Swayze because those 2 sure don’t fit the part. If that’s all u got than please just don’t worry about doing a remake . Because in my opinion no one will do that movie justice other than the original people. So its your guys choice out there, I am 55’years old I go back like I said in the beginning if u going to do a remake please find someone that’s going to make the part. justice ,:not just pick someone just to be picking.or leave it alone.