Selena Gomez Won Best Young Actress At The 2011 IMAGEN Awards! Congratulations!

Sun, August 14, 2011 1:20pm EST by 22 Comments

tone

Posted at 3:21 PM on August 16, 2011

What do you expects it is latino awards and she is latina of course…no wonder why she win that award,just saying…peace!!!

maria

Posted at 12:15 PM on August 16, 2011

She totally deserved it, I’m so proud of her. Love you Sel! <3

AMAZINGACTRESS

Posted at 2:28 PM on August 15, 2011

Selena is such an amazing actress <3 She acts way better than Demi, Miley or any other Disney Celeb ! She's the best & yes she deserved that award <3 congrats selly

M.G.

Posted at 11:22 AM on August 15, 2011

*Gasp* Did you guys notice that all the hate comments were posted on August 14, at 4:00?! It’s the same person, she just changes her name amnd writes another hate comment! How pathetic! >:/

alyssa

Posted at 11:22 AM on August 15, 2011

i love her she deserved to win that its not about what she played its about how she played it shes the only one whos stayed on track although demi’s rehab wasnt her fault but she deserved to win that and people who say she doesnt i would like to see you try do it…

M.G.

Posted at 11:01 AM on August 15, 2011

I knew it! Ever since I saw her on her show, I knew she had talent. The other Disney girls just didn’t pop to me, but she did. She didn’t die her hair, go to rehab, or only went on Disney to hit off her singing career. She said she liked acting better than singing, unlike Disney stars who quit acting to sing. I always saw it in her. At the time Miley Cyrus was the trend, but I didn’t care. I always watched her show ever since she was a new bee. I always supported her. Look at her now; She’s the new trend! She won 5 teen choice awards, is lead on an Emmy winning show, is on world tour, has three chart topping songs, dating JB, and has her own fragrance. I knew she was going to be big worlwide, but her story has just begun! :)

Chantal

Posted at 7:36 PM on August 14, 2011

Woah, she did a fantastic role in her TV show, if you hate her so much, why are you reading about her? Obsessed a bit to much ain’t ya?
She stays WINNING and has one of the best actresses on disney for a long time since many others I use to see when I was young, and she is going to grow into a very successful actress sooner or later, she has a LONG career ahead of her. I am very disappointed in how all these hateful hipocrites can’t even appreciate someones hardwork and dedication and rather overshadow SG with their own selfish thoughts and pityful reasons. RESPECT OTHERS SUCCESS.

uahu

Posted at 5:18 PM on August 14, 2011

wow, there are some angry bieber fans in these comments. lol. anyway i just wanted to say congratulations from a college graduate who admires the hard work and dedication to your craft. I hope you are able to transition from disney into bigger better things and never let the 10 year old bieber-obsessed haters bring you down. You have th erespect of the adult world, something even Bieber does not have and you should cherish it. Many young (and older girls) look up to you. Make us proud. I hope you win another emmy this year. good luck!

nina

Posted at 5:03 PM on August 14, 2011

Selena definitely dissevered to win!!!!Selena is a very talented and beautiful person.<3 selena!!!

I hate slutena

Posted at 4:36 PM on August 14, 2011

SHE DONT DESREVES IT

mirage

Posted at 4:35 PM on August 14, 2011

No offense but this article is full of crap. She did win but she wasnt even there. Shes on tour so Maria (her tv mom) accepted for her.

M.G.

Posted at 11:15 AM on August 15, 2011

So you’re mad at her for being on tour, where she works hard to meet fans, rectite, perform, and dance live. She had a concert the same night. And because she is doing all this for her fans, how do you expect her to cancel a performance, letting down all her fans who bought tickets to see her, just to show up at an awards show? Where people won’t be upset if she doesn’t show up? Do you want her to not show up to her own concert or miss an award show I haven’t even heard of?

mirage

Posted at 4:19 PM on August 15, 2011

ummmm… what. I have nothing against selena in fact I like her. I was talking about the author of the article who incorrectly stated that she was on-hand to accept her award, which she wasnt. All the author had to say was she won the award but couldnt be there due to prior engagements instead of listening to false stories/ making things up. Calm down. Its not that serious.

emma

Posted at 4:31 PM on August 14, 2011

i hate her sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

M.G.

Posted at 11:18 AM on August 15, 2011

Wow, Emma, you must hate her so much as to click, read and comment TWO TIMES on an articale about Selena, the one you hate sooo much. Now that’s what you call a loser.

emma

Posted at 4:30 PM on August 14, 2011

she must win worst young actress in the world

dumas1000

Posted at 4:21 PM on August 14, 2011

She plays an awful person on Wizards. Her character is the worst role model imagineable. She is a spoiled, manipulative, irresponsible, selfish, materialistic, lazy, thoughtless brat who doesn’t take anything seriously. The entire show revolves around how her selfish choices get her into trouble and how she’s always putting her friends and family into jams. Every episode is the same. She makes some incredibly self-centered decison that negatively effects other people or she uses magic improperly because she’s too lazy to do things the right way. She never learns from her mistakes either. She’s a terrible friend to the only friend she has. She makes no effort in school. She has no ambition, no plans for the future. Doesn’t really have a job. Sits around reading magazines all day. Does anyone even watch this show? I swear, people keep praising her for this show, but I really don’t think anyone watches it. Forget about the fact that Selena is at best an average actress, I cannot believe that Disney allows a show to air when the main character of that show is so shallow. Same thing with Shake it Up. The main character of that show is disturbing similiar. Virtually no redeeming qualities. What is this? Some sort of a joke?

youg

Posted at 5:21 PM on August 14, 2011

While that is true, I think it is the portrayal of the charcter that is rewarded not the qualities. Otherwise, villains and otherevil characters would never win awards right? Just saying. And actually lots of people watch the show seeing how it is two-time emmy winning and had the highest ratings this year. Plus, i think every episode shows her there are consequences for actions. Calm down dude…

M.G.

Posted at 11:09 AM on August 15, 2011

You just complemented her. Imagine how hard it must be for sweet and gentle Selena to play an evil, mischevious teen? That’s why she won best actress! Because she can go from being herself to playing a mean girl in Wizards. How many nice girls can play a mean wizard? And, in the show, Alex is learning. Have you realized that she hasn’t done the same mistake twice? She is turning from irresponsible wizard to responsible. Have you realized that her magic is less irresponsible? Like when she turned into a hula girl to HELP Harper on her test? Or when she cracked the magic chicken egg to HELP her Mom have the best B-Day ever? What about when she tried to HELP a wrestler get his fame back?

hug

Posted at 5:04 PM on August 16, 2011

dumas1000 Could not agree more. But it is a disney show so it is not taking seriously, even her acting is not serious and childish, little girls dreams in front of her not CRITICS. She cannot be a Dakota Fanning for example.

Sherri Wong

Posted at 3:55 PM on August 14, 2011

I just paid $24,31 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic GF 1 Camera that we got for $34,26 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 42 inch LED TV to my boss for $678 which only cost me $68,18 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, CentSpace.com

Gabriel