‘Teen Mom’ Star Gary Shirley Blows $5,000 During An 11-HOUR-LONG Stripper Binge! Who Was Looking After Leah?

Fri, August 12, 2011 9:38am EST by 12 Comments

While Amber Portwood’s battling her demons in rehab, her baby daddy is living it up — blowing wads of cash at a Miami strip club!

Gary Shirley was captured on camera posing with semi-nude strippers during the marathon session earlier this summer. According to TMZ.com he partied from 1am to 12 noon, racking up a huge $5,000 tab. Where was baby Leah when this was going down!?

Gary has sole custody of Leah, whose mom Amber Portwood is spending her summer in a Malibu rehab after attempting suicide in June.

So Gary was in Florida, Amber was in California 00 who was looking after Leah back home in Indiana?

Everyone is entitled to let off steam once in a while, but Leah needs her dad more than ever right now, and these photos are setting a terrible example for her.

Unemployed Gary should concentrate on getting a job and spending his spare cash on Leah, not strippers.

What do you think, HollyMoms? Are we being too harsh on Gary?

More ‘Teen Mom:’

1. Maci Bookout Leaving ‘Teen Mom’ For Bentley? ‘I Don’t Want To Steal His Childhood!’
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Recap: Maci Moves Out Of Kyle’s House & Amber Is Investigated By Child Protective Services!
  3. ‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham Lands a Role In The New ‘Charlie’s Angels’ TV Show!

Gary Shirley

Posted at 12:00 PM on August 21, 2013

That’s what happens when MTV gives you easy cash just for knocking up a teen. I can imagine one day with a mustache like that he’ll become a pedophile.

Erin

Posted at 4:43 PM on August 30, 2011

How can’t you judge this. 11 hrs is excessive!

JoJo

Posted at 8:00 PM on August 13, 2011

he’s a monster… a monster that Amber created.

Alison

Posted at 8:28 PM on August 13, 2011

Disgusting.That’s what fame does.Amber was always awful,but gary as i recall was responsible at one point and now it’s all gone to his head.I dont understand how they can do this to leah?She is so precious and sweet.Sadly she is growing up in a hateful and hostile environment and acting out is all she knows.She is always dirty and laying on the floor.If that was my daughter i would be playing with her every second of the day,reading to her,Bathing her.She needs love and affection at her age and she isn’t getting it from her parents.It’s so sad.

lmb

Posted at 2:39 PM on August 14, 2011

really think everybody is over reacting. hes a dad yes, but hes also a single, grown man. hes allowed to go out and have some fun, leah was probably with his mama, safe. calm down and let him live his life. you can tell he is trying to be a good father, parenting is a learn as you go kinda thing, nobodys baby is born with a manual on how to parent perfectly. stop being so judmental

itrh

Posted at 5:50 PM on August 14, 2011

I know lots of EMPLOYED men who can’t afford to spend $5k on strippers. Further, they wouldn’t because of their character. Gary is a fat, slovenly, unemployed bully who should be at home watching his daughter and getting a job. This choice is not helping Leah in the least. She has enough of a hard road ahead of her with her mom’s problems, it’s her dad’s responsibility to make sure this kid has a chance in life without graduating from the school of hard knocks.

me

Posted at 4:00 PM on August 13, 2011

i feel so bad for leah, she deserves so much better than what she’s got…and i agree that this show glorifies teen pregnancy, i was a teen mom and it was so hard and i was scrapping by and these girls make more money than i do in a year, and that is a shame! spend the money on your children, not on boobies!

Alana

Posted at 6:49 PM on August 13, 2011

I agree it is sad. What’s even sadder is these girls make a hell of a lot more then my military husband does. This is just sick. These girls need reality checks, need to see what the real world is all about. Getting real jobs and not living off a show.

Beth

Posted at 6:07 PM on August 12, 2011

This is sad on so many levels. I found the pic of Leah with the condoms really disturbing. I think he is disgusting and should not be rewarded for being on a reality show. At least Amber is trying to get better for her daughter. Very very sad.

Sabrina

Posted at 6:28 PM on August 12, 2011

Poor precious baby leah!That scene was the condoms was disgusting and this poor little girl is terribly neglected by her mother and father and starved for love and attention.Whenever amber and gary fight she is always rocking back and forth as a copping mechanism to deal with the constant fighting which is all she seems to be exposed to everyday.There is no stability in her life.She has a bleak bleak road ahead.I was i could give her a hug.she is absolutley the cutest and sweetest little girl.I will pray for you little leah!

caroline

Posted at 1:19 PM on August 12, 2011

I think he is worse than amber tbh. He knew how to push her buttons and the constant threats of im going to take leah and keep her didnt make the situation any better. I think he is a shocking excuse for a farther. If i was him i would be ashamed of myself poor poor leah.

Less good and more bad

Posted at 11:12 AM on August 12, 2011

I confess I used to watch 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom. However seeing all of the damage that this sort of money in such young and irresponsible hands does, not to mention the fame, I’ve stopped. Just trying to care for a child is enough, throwing fame and money their way only compounds the problem. Also, I don’t think it prevents teen pregnancy, it glorifies it. Even if it shows all the hardships, the money and fame is enticing to some I am sure, and why even let this type of show influence even one more teen pregnancy. I am sure there will be arugments against this, and I used to feel the same way, but the more I see of this show and what it brings about, the less good I see in it.