'Teen Mom' Farrah Abraham: 'I'm More Mature Than The Other Teen Moms!' Do You Agree?

Thu, August 11, 2011 10:59am EDT by 23 Comments

Farrah believes she has a harder time than most young moms because of the death of her daughter Sophia’s father. Do you think Farrah’s in a tougher situation?

Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham is finally moving on since the death of baby daddy Derek Underwood. She has a new boyfriend, Daniel Alvarez, recently earned her Associate’s degree from culinary school and is starting her own franchise called Healthy You Vending. But still, Farrah admits she lives a tough life. Do you agree?

“I would say I’m more mature in a lot of ways than most young mothers I’m around,” Farrah, 19, tells Mom Finds. “I feel that I have had a harder path in many ways because of the choices I made and my particular circumstances.”

“But to say I have it easier or harder than other teen moms, I’d rather not judge,” she adds. “The other teen moms have different ups and downs that none of us would want to experience.” We agree, each one of the other ‘Teen Moms‘ — Maci Bookout, Amber Portwood and Catelynn Lowell — has their own personal struggle.

But despite her circumstances, Farrah is moving ahead and is set to have a very successful professional career!

“My two-year plan consists of continuing my education and earning my Bachelor’s degree,” Farrah reveals. “While in school, I’ll also be releasing my first book, which is aimed to to help young teens and parents learn from my life experiences. I’ll also be starting my own franchise, Healthy You Vending, which I hope to have in schools and public places to encourage healthy eating choices.”

“From there I plan to open my own restaurant – I’ve been perfecting my business plan – and I will continue to create my own products and businesses and try to impact others in a positive way,” she adds.

Wow! Farrah’s got it all planned out and we’re impressed! We hope all her hard work pays off in the end.

–Leigh Blickley

More Farrah on HollyBaby:

1. ‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham Has A New Boyfriend Whom She Met On A Blind Date!
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham’s Shocking Tweet: ‘Did MTV Ruin My Life?’
  3. ‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham: ‘I’m A Role Model, Not A Whore!’

veronicah south africa

Posted at 4:33 AM on September 4, 2013

I just think Farrah is ungrateful.Which man is she going to respect because she doesnt even respect her parents.She has a long way to go.I dont think councelling can help her either.

Kayla Yongblood

Posted at 1:46 PM on November 21, 2012

Farrah Abraham need help Derek Underwood is a Father of Sophia he i always be with Farrah and Sophia he be they heat . see his gave says hi spohia says hi Daddy is me your bay girl Sophia.

Donna

Posted at 12:17 AM on June 13, 2012

I can’t take it any longer. I watched the Teen Mom shows tonight and cannot believe how obnoxious Farrah is.

One one hand, she says, I do it all by myself and don’t need any help. And in the next breath, she ‘tells’ her father that he is loading up a U-Haul and driving it for five days to Florida.

She tries to educate her mother on the definition of grief (which she gets wrong).

She is one of the most self-centered, spoiled, condescending and disrespectful person I’ve seen on television in a while.

Hopefully Sophia will not pick up her example but unfortunately, her telling her mother and grandmother to shut up doesn’t bode well for the child. And frankly, this is too bad.

Keirstton

Posted at 8:28 PM on January 11, 2012

Farrah is a very responsible mother. To me, as a young single mother myself, she just DOES what it takes to move her and her daughters’ life forward. She is confident, no shame in stating that she has made good choices. NOTE* she says she would rather not judge. I COULD say the same things she just said about my peer young mother around my area.. Unless you are a single mom who puts 100% into establishing a wonderful life for your children, you don’t know the drive and self confidence you HAVE to have. She doesn’t get caught up in the “teen” drama, dating, drugs, etc. She is being an adult and putting Sophia first. AMEN FARRAH!

chey

Posted at 3:47 AM on October 17, 2011

Hahahaha! She’s too funny. She’s so arrogant, I can not stand her. She’s not more mature than any of the moms, ha.

Sophie

Posted at 11:55 PM on September 26, 2011

Farrah is an arrogant, self-centered, spoiled brat with serious mental issues. She is far from mature.

Ctsjy2011

Posted at 9:18 PM on September 7, 2011

WOW—I read the other articles about this “woman”, and it’s great she has such a high opinion of herself…The downside is that is she is completely delusional…How are her circumstances “harder” than other teen moms’? (Talking teen moms in general, not the girls on the show)—-She, without a single doubt, is the one mom on the show who seems to have limitless advantages compared to the other women. I’ll be honest—-I’m a grown man, and got hooked on the show one sunday afternoon when MTV was showing a marathon. I’ve seen every episode. Reading her comments, there must be another show called Teen Moms in an alternate reality that I’m not aware of. It’s so painful for me to watch and listen to her belittle her parents(FYI—it’s not ‘mature’ to call your father by his first name, it’s disrespectful), who obviously care about her and the baby so much, that I bet a lot of teen moms out there would do anything to have parents so involved with their lives’, who seem to do EVERYTHING for her (especially dad) with little or no thanks (again, parents are parents, we don’t always agree with them, and they can be a pain, but that’s life), again, I find it so painful, that I actually have to turn the channel whenever a Farrah segment begins….I see a young girl, who wants the world to believe that she’s a grownup, but, through her own volition, seems to prove the exact opposite whenever she gets the chance….again, WOW….

Maci A

Posted at 12:19 PM on August 26, 2011

No I don’t agree, I think she is just a brat who always gets her way, ans needs to learn how to talk to people. She is just lucky to have a mom and dad who watches her all day everyday. She is rude and unappreciative. Yes shw graduated and I applaud her on that, but I feel like if she didn’t have her mom and dad (Michael) or whatever I think it coups be totally different. She is just a brat who needs to learn manners and how to talk to people.
Don’t like her.

audrey

Posted at 1:36 PM on August 18, 2011

BS she has it harder!! Not everyone has a rich mommy who lets you have your own house and a new car for free. Plus Farrah gets free stuff from the government for being “poor”. Whatever. She is a spoiled brat who doesn’t know how good she has it.

catz

Posted at 4:42 PM on August 13, 2011

I think it all kind of evens out, she had that major loss of her baby’s daddy, but she also has tons of financial support from her family, that the other girls don’t get.

I do like that Farrah is the one trying and most likely to turn her Teen Mom ‘stardom’ into something good. But, I can tell it’s her moms doing and helping her with all this.

I like Farrah, and I think she has come a long way. I was way more spoiled than her and I dont think I was forced to grow up until 25. Though I got to extend my run by not having a baby as a teen…..

myname

Posted at 5:04 PM on August 12, 2011

I agree that the girl got a bum deal in life with the loss of her daughter’s father. While she seems to have found a groove being a mother, she still needs some guidance regarding how to mother. The “conversations” that she has with her TWO year old are hilarious – a TWO year old is not going to understand the concept of a secret and to not say anything about the dog. If she expects a TWO year old to have logic like an 18 year old, then Farrah has a few rough years of parenting an out of control child ahead of her. Also, take the pacifier away – when the kid is taking out the pacifier to say “doggie” then it is time for the thing to go!

susan williams

Posted at 1:09 PM on August 12, 2011

i hate the way she talks to her mom . there is no reason for it.her mom trys to help her. she knows she will alway have aroof over her head. great sge finish school. why don’t she let the babys father mother see the baby. i am sure if he was still here he would want her to see her. there are time i like to smack farrah .i hate the way she talks .ifeel sorry for her kid.

BreBre

Posted at 9:55 AM on August 12, 2011

Farrah is not more mature than any other teen mom from the show or any other teen mom. In my opinion Farrah is more immature than most teen moms. She doesn’t take responsibilty for anything that she does. Go back and look at her on 16 & pregnant and on all of the seasons of teen mom and its clear that she is not mature. just because you had a child at 16 doesn’t mean you are mature! She doesn’t know what it mean to struggle as a teen mom

gossipqueen

Posted at 5:29 AM on August 12, 2011

If she was more mature than the other teen moms…SHE WOULDN’T BE A TEEN MOM! She seriously needs to start thinking BEFORE she speaks. who agrees

Theresa

Posted at 2:09 PM on August 11, 2011

She is a LUNATIC! I have never in my life seen a person treat their mother the way this BRAT does. She is so immature, its UNREAL. When will she STFU and watch her behavior on Teen Mom and cringe???

cfeasler

Posted at 1:57 PM on August 11, 2011

I would like an update in 5-10 years to see how much of her to do list she has accomplished. I want a lot of stuff too, but unfortunately it takes more than wanting something, and I do not believe that she has the maturity or the business sense to accomplish what she says.

Black Beauty

Posted at 1:19 PM on August 11, 2011

I wouldn’t say she is more muture than the other teen moms. It’s just that she does not have to face the same hardship they do. The only reason she had to get a job and her own apartment was because she has no respect for her parents. The other girls have no choice to grow up fast.

LJ

Posted at 12:47 PM on August 11, 2011

Had to laugh at her holding the dog over the toilet to go potty! Poor dog looked so stupid wearing a diaper too. she has no concept of reality, I agree she comes from a very privlidged background and has never wanted for anything. She comes across as very immature!

gini

Posted at 1:14 PM on August 11, 2011

I agree.

Cindi

Posted at 12:24 PM on August 11, 2011

She is a hateful brat who does not appreciate anything. I want to slap her mouth when she start whining and being hateful. I couldn’t believe she got a dog when she is “so busy”. Wonder where the dog is now that she doesn’t live next door to her mom. She is not any better of a mother than some of the others. I always change the channel when her segment comes up. Oh, and she is an ugly crier…dry it up Farrah, it’s not becoming!

ctsjy2011

Posted at 9:20 PM on September 7, 2011

Good call

LisaM

Posted at 11:39 AM on August 11, 2011

Kelly

Posted at 11:37 AM on August 11, 2011

While I admire all she is doing, and wish her all the best in her schooling and business ventures, she has also had a great deal of help from her parents with her child. Also, despite her difficult relationship with her mom, lives in a nice rental owned by her parents. She also comes from what I see as a well to do background, and so financially I would venture to guess has also been helped in that area as well. I don’t begrudge her all of this, but to compair the other teen moms to her, especially those who come from disadvantaged backgrounds, drug addicted parents, etc., is really apples and oranges.