British Designer Vivienne Westwood Attacks Kate Middleton For Her Eyeliner & 'Ordinary Woman' Style — What A Diss!

Tue, August 9, 2011 9:32am EDT by 6 Comments

Julie

Posted at 9:20 PM on November 24, 2011

Who cares??? Look at that Witch!!!

Anais

Posted at 1:47 PM on August 14, 2011

She’s beautiful the way she is! She’s criticized enough. Leave her alone.

Emma

Posted at 4:43 PM on August 11, 2011

Generally I like Kate’s style but I do agree about the eye make-up. Too much eyeliner and all the time. She needs to try something new.

LilLady

Posted at 11:01 PM on August 9, 2011

I totally agree w/ Vivienne Westwood. Millions of everyday women dress like Kate on a daily basis and none of them are referred to as fashion icons. There’s nothing extraordinary about the way she dresses…She could’ve pulled a dress of the mannequin @ J.Crew or White House Black Market and thrown it on and the media would still be calling her a fashion icon just b/c she’s Prince William’s wife…not b/c the way she dresses is exactly fashion forward. She wears office attire, practically. And I agree about the eyeliner. She does her liner w/ such harsh lines, and it does nothing for her but make her eyes look smaller, and outdated. I agree w/ Vivienne Westwood. Diana was a fashion icon. A fashion Icon is someone who takes risks and whose fashion might get them in trouble, b/c they’re so ahead of the curve. I see Kate as someone who plays it safe and boring, who doesn’t want to get in trouble w/ her royal in laws for not following the rules.

Winsome

Posted at 12:41 PM on August 9, 2011

The eyeliner isn’t the greatest. Kate’s plain, but it makes her eyes look smaller, aka. it does nothing for her. She’d be better off wearing false lashes to make her eyes appear larger, if anything.

Renee

Posted at 10:52 AM on August 9, 2011

I like Vivienne, but I think she should have just kept her mouth shut! Kate Middleton is very pretty and she can wear her makeup the way she likes, it’s her choice! Personally I don’t think the eyeliner looks that bad :)