'Basketball Wives' Star Jennifer Williams: I Knew Getting A Divorce Was The Right Thing When Eric Threw A Drink At Me!

Tue, August 9, 2011 6:01pm EDT by 9 Comments
Loading video...

HollywoodLife.com sits down with Jennifer Williams to discuss the Aug. 8 season finale — and she exclusively shares tons of interesting details about her fight with Eric, her divorce party and the status of her friendship with Royce!

Basketball Wives star Jennifer Williams handled herself quite maturely when her soon-to-be ex-hubby Eric Williams threw a drink at her during the Aug. 8 season finale. Jennifer also decided to leave the scene before her co-star Royce Reed arrived so that she could avoid the drama of a pointless confrontation. HollywoodLife.com talks with Jennifer about everything that happened during the season finale — and Jennifer tells us that she’s “shocked” at how certain situations turned out!

Jennifer couldn’t believe it when Eric threw the drink in her face. “I was actually in shock,” she admits. “To be honest, I know that I threw the glass [first], but I didn’t throw it intentionally to hit him. I felt like when he came back, and he threw the drink, I was like, ‘Wow!’ It was so aggressive and so forceful. It was like, ‘Wow, did he really just do that?’ It was just a confirmation that I was doing the right thing — getting a divorce.”

So she was quite glad to let loose on the “Eric” pinata at her divorce party! “It definitely felt good,” Jennifer fesses. It felt good to be with my friends and celebrate independence. Although I’m not officially divorced, I know that I’m moving in that direction.”

And when it came to Royce, Jennifer believes that they will never be friends again. “I don’t really have anything to say to Royce,” she says. “I feel like she’s very immature and I already tried to explain to her one time. I don’t think she’s going to get it, so I’m done. I’m not going to make you anymore relevant. I’m done.”

Make sure to catch our full interview with Jennifer above — and don’t forget to check out Jennifer’s new lip gloss line at LucidCosmetics.com!

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Basketball Wives Stories:

1. Season Finale Recap: Jennifer’s Divorce Party!
  2. Royce Suffers Seizure!
  3. Jennifer Blogs: Royce & I Can’t Come To An Understanding!

Mecca

Posted at 11:32 AM on September 8, 2011

I feel Jenn should have not threw the drink @ Eric 1st. We as ppl needs to remember that this world is round not flat and with that being said what goes around comes around. In Jenn case it came right back around. So be mindful on how u treat ppl and what u say to ppl, because it might come back to hunt you…

CYNTHIA JONES

Posted at 4:07 PM on August 16, 2011

Who gives a divorce party before getting a divorce ? Really, who do that ? I feel that you and Eric continue to do things to get back at one another. Keep your friends out of your businness and get back with Eric, people make mistakes, plus you two are still in love with each other.

Lucas Is Hittin' That

Posted at 11:26 PM on August 15, 2011

Lucas James is hittin’ that!

msedna.com

Posted at 6:53 PM on August 15, 2011

I can’t believe the interviewer commended Jennifer for her behavior in regards to the immature Divorce Party and letting her off of the hook in regards to Eric. Jennifer needs a lot of things but coddling is certainly not one of them.

lolo

Posted at 4:55 AM on August 10, 2011

jen get a break u started it first and get over urself u are not even interesting

Monie

Posted at 11:17 PM on August 9, 2011

This ho following in her friends footstep. She threw something at Eric first. She thinks she’s a diva and Royce is right she’s a hypocrite. Who the hell is Jennifer nobody knew her before Eric. She disrespecting the man’s mom plus why would you marry someone you knew cheated on you b4 getting married. That means she amoney grabbing ho! Straight up! Plus he something rich and talented ugly but talented and Jennifer living her 10 mins spotlight. She boring too. He should throw another in his face. She obviously never loved the dude she wanted his money. As a matter of fact she aint nothing!

Sandee

Posted at 7:20 AM on August 10, 2011

That is the most ignorant and uneducated comment I have read in quite a while. Do your research and reading before making comments. He got up and walked away and she threw a drink behind him – so what? In my culture on New Year’s eve, it is customary to throw away a pair of old shoes to signify getting rid of the past and starting anew. That is what it looked like to me. Anyway, Jen you did the right thing and never mind the drinks – it shows Eric for who he really is. You need to move on – perhaps leave the show and get going. Take care of yourself and your business ventures.

Santarena

Posted at 11:20 AM on August 10, 2011

To be honest is doesn’t matter if she threw the drink behind is back she threw a drink and in return she got a drink thrown in her face. Jen is very disrespectful she has been hanging around Evelyn to much. It is obvious that Jen has no respect for someone’s mom if she is willing to disrespect someones mother than that’s trash in my eyes. I don’t feel bad for anything that happened to Jen on the show or the divorce its not like she didn’t know Eric was cheating before they married she knew and she still married him what did she expect once a cheater always a cheater. Throwing away a old pair of shoes is nothing like throwing a drink.

makaila

Posted at 7:14 PM on August 9, 2011

u go girl keep it moving like u always say he not nothing