Kate Gosselin Says: I'm Ready To Date Again & My Kids Are Begging Me To Get Married!

Mon, August 8, 2011 9:51am EDT by 22 Comments

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Kate has been on the market for two years and she claims her kiddies can’t wait for her to walk down the aisle again!

Kate Gosselin is on the prowl, but she needs help! The mom-of-eight appeared on the Today Show Aug. 8 to promote her new episode of Kate Plus 8 and she didn’t play coy about her dating life. Kate, 36, tells host Ann Curry that she’s “ready” to start dating but there are “obstacles” in her way.

“As far as love life, I’ve said it a lot of times … I’m definitely ready to start dating,” Kate reveals. “A lot of obstacles for me. I hope to just bump into somebody, but I talked to my best friend and if she could go around the country and collect suitable people … I have 8 kids, a crazy work schedule. I know there are a lot of obstacles and I am ready to start dating. It’s sort of daunting though.”

Kate and her ex-husband Jon Gosselin divorced in 2009 after 10 years of marriage. Since then Jon has had several girlfriends and now he’s in a committed relationship with Ellen Ross. Ironically, instead of the eight Gosselettes wanting their own parents to reconcile, Kate says they want her to find someone new!

“I don’t know where life will take me. I’m hoping there’s someone out there because the kids on a daily basis are just begging for me to get married again,” Kate laughs. “They bring it up all the time!”

Do you think Kate is ready to settle down again?

— Chloe Melas

More Teen Choice Awards!

1. Taylor Lautner Beats Robert Pattinson For Choice Actor At Teen Choice Awards — Again!
  2. Ian Somerhalder Reveals He’s Not A Katy Perry Fan At The Teen Choice Awards!
  3. Robert Pattinson, Nina Dobrev & More Hit Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet!

Dragonlady

Posted at 6:36 AM on September 5, 2011

I agree with sixx, I watched that show in part a couple of times but you can’t escape those two crazies they are everwhere. What is the attraction????????? Please stop giving her, and him media coverage. Who gives a damned about these people? If you live to hear about them you need to get alife.

kat

Posted at 2:31 AM on September 4, 2011

it’s not the “married before” thing, it’s the “psychotic-control freak-nag” thing that requires extensive counseling before inficting on another soul.

and truly, “the kids think I should” is a terrible reason to hook up with anyone. In spite of reality tv, this is NOT a disney show.

dede

Posted at 1:23 PM on September 3, 2011

They cancelled her show because no one watched it. She is self absorbed and yes jon cheated on her ,,,but that dont make her any better of a person. I saw the show with both of them and she DID treat him like a child, she wore the PANTS in that marriage. She will stay single for the rest of her life, i dont think any man would want to deal with her.

brie

Posted at 6:27 PM on September 1, 2011

I feel sorry for the poor guy that she nabs.

Joel

Posted at 10:28 AM on September 1, 2011

I think Kate is to selfish and spoiled to be married again! Good luck to the man that does marry her-she is controlling and mean spirited towards her kids and would be just as so to a new man in her life! Stay single!

Gwen

Posted at 6:16 PM on August 21, 2011

You (most of you ) all feel better about yourselves now that you got that little hate vent out ?

Take a deep breath kiddies , it’s over . And Kate still does not know who you are nor does she care .

Jen DC

Posted at 6:09 PM on August 18, 2011

Kate needs to learn to love herself a little bit first and recognize that marriage is a partnership, not a boss-subordinate relationship. She treated Jon as if he were one of the kids, and I don’t see her improving her behavior any time soon.

Ceunei

Posted at 4:00 PM on August 11, 2011

Go Kate! You deserve happiness as much as any of us.
I hope you have learned from your mistakes, and, I hope you will find happiness.

Starz22

Posted at 5:09 AM on August 12, 2011

kate is a vile nasty woman…she’s only looking for a man so she dosent have to pay for nannys anymore.She had a great guy,,,that was JON…her husband.He did everything for her and the kids.She thanked him by treating him like a child and bossing him around,while she sat on her ass and did nothing.
This woman will never get a man who REALLY loves her like
he did.She’s a joke.
Kate will care less about this new man than she does the kids…and thats very sad.

sb

Posted at 10:43 AM on August 17, 2011

Amen!!! Any man who has watched all her shows would be a nitwit to take on her and that bunch. She just has to introduce herself and it’s over.

Dragonlady

Posted at 6:40 AM on September 5, 2011

Ditto

melli

Posted at 2:42 PM on August 30, 2011

im not knocking ur opinion, but regardless of what she did not did not do, who was the on that was caught cheating, surely wasnt her, yeah that shows how much he loved her..who is the one that has been in multiple relationships since the divorce, surely wasnt her… i believe that even if they hadnt had the show they would have ended up splitting up.. too much stress on that relationship from the get go with 8 kids

Dragonlady

Posted at 6:39 AM on September 5, 2011

You obviously watched that show, that does not say much for you. However from what little I seen of it (I watched it aa couple of times for a short while) you are probably riht about her. He isn’t much either.

HALINA

Posted at 11:03 AM on August 23, 2011

Awwwww – aren’t you sweet.
Kate deserves what she gets – a kick in the butt.
She needs major brain surgery……

Kitty

Posted at 6:44 PM on August 9, 2011

@chrissy did you even watch the show? Kate is a harping shrew who abused her husband. They easily could have saved their marriage if they ended the show and went into therapy. But Kate needs to be the center of attention, so the show went on the their marriage ended. In one of the early shows, Jon said “I could not be home all day with the kids”. Well, Kate made him quit his job and do the show full time and it all went downhill from there. Kate does not deserve another marriage, not until she gets loads of therapy and ends her show. Yes, lots of women have failed marriages, but not for the same reason Kate does.

And I totally agree with everyone saying Kate is lying. Her kids totally want her to get back with their dad. Unless she has completely poisoned them against him and I wouldn’t put it past her.

Momo

Posted at 11:20 PM on August 8, 2011

Honestly? It sounds like she is wanting a dating show featuring her. Proof:

chrissie

Posted at 3:22 PM on August 8, 2011

I’m surprised by how many people say Kate should not remarry because she’s already had one failed marriage! A LOT of mothers have had one failed marriage.
I think Kate has shown us that she’s stepped up to the plate and taken care of her kids since her divorce from Jon. SHE has been the responsible parent who has spent the past years being the primary caregiver AND breadwinner for her family.
I was never a Kate fan, but I can see where she’s really taken care of her children. I think she deserves a life with a partner.

me

Posted at 6:43 PM on August 8, 2011

tlc has stepped up to the plate..she doesn’t do a thing with those kids unless it is televised and she has massive help to take care of her kids…jon does his part, he took care of them more than she ever did ..EVER! and i highly doubt the kids ask her to get married..divorce kids always want there parents to get back together! she is full of b.s.

Mary Ann

Posted at 2:32 PM on August 8, 2011

I don’t believe for one minute that her children are begging her to get married again! If they are begging for anything it’s probably for her to get back together with their father. I see a dating show with her in it being a MAJOR FAIL and an embarrasment to her children. She is so obnoxiuos. Listen to the publc and JUST GO AWAY!!

sixx

Posted at 1:39 PM on August 8, 2011

Go away please!!!!! We dont care! we have our own lives to live!!!

Gwen

Posted at 6:17 PM on August 21, 2011

Then go live it . A little tidbit for ya , Kate was never here , but you were . LMAO .

Mike

Posted at 10:02 AM on August 8, 2011

Excuse me but little kids have no knowledge of what marriage is about—so for a Mother to speak of bull sh@t about her kids is a very bad,stupid mother…If your kids ask you to jump off the grand canyon–Please do so…