'The Hunger Games' Sequel 'Catching Fire' Sets Release Date! So When Will Filming Begin?

Mon, August 8, 2011 11:45pm EDT by 94 Comments

Marie :)

Posted at 10:13 AM on April 7, 2012

I have read all the books & saw Hunger Games the day it came out, I am IN LOVE with the entire series! I have had the BIGGEST crush on Josh ever since he was in Bridge to Teribethia. When I found out he played Peeta I almost died! I love him SOOO much & he was amazing in the movie, so was Jennifer who played Katniss :) I really wish Collins would make a fourth book because these books were amazing I read the whole series in only a week. I love the Hunger Games, I love Josh Hutcherson & I CANNOT wait to see the second movie! :D
-Marie Ortega :)

Mary

Posted at 10:20 PM on April 4, 2012

When will the third book, Mockingjay, for the movie come out? And I don’t like u

Julia Hutcherson

Posted at 7:45 PM on April 2, 2012

IM TOTALLY TEAM PEETA!!!I’ve been watching his movies ever since I could remember.The people made an AWESOME choice for pickin Josh Hutcherson.I can’t wait for the Mocking Jay to come out cuz I want to see the ending.SPOILER ALLERT:Katniss has 2kids with Peeta!!!Y DO WE HAVE TO WAIT THIS LOOONG!!! :( Its no fair!!!PLLLZZZ make it NOW!!!Everyone is waiting & dying to see it.

Katniss Melark

Posted at 11:33 AM on April 1, 2012

I am team peeta he isnt only HOT he really loves and cares about katniss, I think katniss started realizes she loved peeta in mokingjay but i think she always loved him since The Hunger Games “Already the boy with the bread is slipping away from me. I grab his hand dreading the moment when i have to let go.” Trust me i GOT a Point. I saw the movie 5 times have all 3 big posters five mags on them, finished alll 3 books and have this little figure of peeta, B.T.W twilight sucks now. The Hunger Games blew it out of the water

pwcyclone

Posted at 10:50 PM on March 31, 2012

Team Katniss people she like the hottest chick ever go katniss ya

Sarah Elizabeth

Posted at 4:53 PM on March 29, 2012

I CANT WAIT THIS LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Cristal

Posted at 10:04 AM on March 28, 2012

TEAM PEETA!!!!!!! Gotta love peeta he’s so cute I love him the movie was so good I read all the books its a good combination of action romance and drama can’t wait to watch catching fire hope they don’t take no details for catching fire go by the book TEAM PEETA<3<3

callay

Posted at 12:17 AM on March 27, 2012

I love love love the movie. I got to see it at the midnight premier. TEAM PEETA!!! but I am disappointed that the release date for catching fire isn’t until over a year and a half from now. I really wish they would move it up.

Autty

Posted at 3:33 PM on March 26, 2012

Tell them they should release it tomorrow and I can’t wait for it to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Marybel & Mirna

Posted at 9:22 PM on March 25, 2012

Wtf its all about team gale…watever mirna its all about Team Peeta:) and cant wait 4 the next movie …and read all the books…so good . Mirna u better finnish them!!!

PEETAS NUMBER FAN

Posted at 8:23 PM on March 25, 2012

I saw the movie three times!! Im madly in love with this series! For me, its more than just a movie. It a lifetime. When nothing goes right i think as if im there with katniss and peeta. It lets me forget about having no friends and being made fun of. ;’) i cried everytime i watche rue die. I cries wen prim screamed for katniss at the reaping and i cried wen i heard Catching Fire doesnt come out for another 600 days

Rayna

Posted at 8:09 PM on March 25, 2012

I loved hunger games saw it today. It was so sad. I thing both gale and peeta were cute. I can’t pick. I can’t what for catching fire and mocking jay

Brooke.t

Posted at 7:44 PM on March 25, 2012

TEAM PEETA!!!!! I saw it last night totaly satisfying and more love the mix of emitions and thoughts that go through her head.

denille

Posted at 11:51 AM on March 25, 2012

OMG , i went to see the hunger games last night & all of them was sold out . i was about to cry into i seen that one of them wasnt ; it was an awesome movie i loved it just as much as i loved the books . i really cant wait into catching fire . TEAM PEETA :) he is so sexy !

elle

Posted at 9:50 AM on March 27, 2012

wtf everyone?! There are no “teams” in this! It’s so annoying cuz it’s not twilight, people. Why does everything have to have a “team” after twilight and such? The Hunger Games should be different! We’re better than this people!!!

Breanna

Posted at 8:56 AM on March 25, 2012

NO HE WAS PERFECT…. He and gale were hott but like i said im team peeta

Brooke.t

Posted at 7:47 PM on March 25, 2012

Josh hutcherson did really goid in this movie and they did a good job by picking him he surve that movie justice along with jennifer! (and he was really hot in it too)

Breanna

Posted at 8:53 AM on March 25, 2012

Gale is hott(liam) but im all about TEAM PEETA(josh hutcherson)

Breanna

Posted at 8:51 AM on March 25, 2012

I dont like how long its gonna take for the second movie to come out….just saw the first one and its amazing….i read the book for that one and had to wait for the movie
Now i need to wait again?

Leah

Posted at 4:33 PM on March 24, 2012

Josh H.Is soooooooo hott! And i cannot wait until catching fire comes out!

Mj 101

Posted at 9:59 PM on March 23, 2012

I am firing to see the movie I am going to see it the 25 so really excited people .say I look exactly like her so I guess I’m hot

Kate

Posted at 5:49 PM on March 23, 2012

When will casting begin? its 3/23/12 right now . so they should know!!!! keep us posted- who knows I could be Annie…. hahahahah!!!!!!!!!! ;) Going to go c the Hunger Games NOWWW OMGGGGG hahahah. plz let us know!!! thanks. and when r they gonna film???!!! have they started?!

koe

Posted at 3:42 PM on March 26, 2012

whoa who is Annie?!

Bella

Posted at 8:14 PM on March 12, 2012

NOOOOOO!! That is soo far away!! I am going to go sob myself to sleep now… WAAAAAAAAAHH!

Leah

Posted at 4:34 PM on March 24, 2012

i am right there with ya

Kyle

Posted at 12:22 AM on March 4, 2012

Thats means we have to wait another year and a half for the second one…… omfg its like 2 and 1/2 years away till the movies are done -__- THATS SO FAR AWAY!!

Rikki

Posted at 9:39 PM on March 24, 2012

what if i die by then and never get to see catching fire!!!!! ONE YEAR AND 6 MONTHS IS TOOO LONG!!!!! -.-

Suua P.

Posted at 1:50 PM on August 9, 2011

I’m sooo glad that they started on the sequel because if they waited then the actors and actress would be too old by the time they start on the last film.

Tiffany

Posted at 3:11 AM on August 9, 2011

Josh Hutcherson looks old.i think Peeta should look a little younger.

Joyce

Posted at 1:51 AM on August 9, 2011

Jennifer Lawrence , é feia pra burro .

Leah

Posted at 4:34 PM on March 24, 2012

?

Miky

Posted at 9:41 PM on March 25, 2012

Yeah ? Im team Gale sorry guys but he’s hot

chel

Posted at 3:40 PM on March 26, 2012

Dude gale is super hot and also if you look up pics of peeta katniss and gale, peers is soliloquy short!!!!!!!!

Miky