Robert Pattinson Wins Choice Vampire At Teen Choice Awards — Sorry, Ian Somerhalder :(

Sun, August 7, 2011 10:16pm EDT by 83 Comments

Yes, I’m so bummed over Ian’s loss that I actually used an emoticon in a headline.

I write this post with my tail truly between my legs. As much as I wanted The Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder to win Choice Vampire at the 2011 Teen Choice Awards, the obnoxiously large surf board unfortunately went to Twilight‘s Robert Pattinson.

So what went wrong for Ian? Here’s my take:

Vampire Diaries fans went hard with the voting, as always, but simply had too many choices. Ian got my hypothetical vote — apparently at 23 I’m no longer considered a “teen,” despite what my DVR says — but I do love me some Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley. Since each person can only cast one vote, fans simply couldn’t decide which of Mystic Falls’ fanged residents deserved the top honor.

Or maybe I’m just in denial.

And since nobody likes a sore loser, I tip my hat to Rob. The Twilight movies are huge, and more importantly, its fans are clearly loyal.

I should also note that Rob did a great job speaking on behalf of the “blood cancer awareness and education campaign,” Cancer Bites. For more information on that, go to http://www.cancerbites.tv.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Vampire Diaries

bauer

Posted at 8:26 PM on August 8, 2011

edward cullen is bloody copy of angel and he is not vampire at all he is emo freak robert does not know acting at all

TUTU

Posted at 8:15 PM on August 8, 2011

ian deserved it!

hilda

Posted at 7:14 PM on August 8, 2011

True blood and vampire diaries exist because of ROBERT PATTINSON, so this very bad programs should say. THANK YOU ROBERT.
AND YES, ROBERT IS THE BEST VAMPIRE FOR EVER.

Lorena

Posted at 7:09 PM on August 8, 2011

ROBERT IS THE BEST VAMPIRE, THAT’S WHY HE WON.
LOVE YOU ROBERT.

Dee

Posted at 4:41 PM on August 8, 2011

When a fan base is divided with three characters from the show competing against each other this is what happens. The other guy wins. Edward Cullen is not a true vampire anyway, he has NO Fangs. He is reptilian.

Tinni

Posted at 12:45 PM on August 8, 2011

Ian as Damon is SO just what Vampires are supposed to be….
RobPatt is just a big box of glitter in the Twisaga… :/
Seriously Can’t believe he won over Ian!!

cam

Posted at 1:59 PM on August 8, 2011

wut??? vampires are supposed to look like stephen king’s “the flyer”
out of all the modern pretty vamp boys rob is the best

Jeini

Posted at 12:07 PM on August 8, 2011

Big Baby! You need glasses. You’re just mad cause he won. All of us Robert Pattinson fans are ecstatic. Obviously there are a lot of us or he wouldn’t have won

Jeini

Posted at 11:59 AM on August 8, 2011

I am for RPattz all the way! Love him!!!!!!!

Laura

Posted at 10:30 AM on August 8, 2011

Ian Somerhalder is the best, Rob – no no no no no!!!!!

Sarnia

Posted at 10:06 AM on August 8, 2011

What the Fudge?

Robert “Edward” may look great to you all in “The Twilight saga” but truely i think that Ian “Damon” deserved it so much more he brought the real meaning of vampires back.Vampires aren’t suppose to sparkle, they sould kick ass and that is exacly what Ian “Damon” did in Vampire Diaries! I like “The Twilight saga” but i love “Vampire Diaries” so much more! It’s more realistic don’t you think?

I am all for Ian Somerhalder!!!!!!

Domi.

Posted at 9:43 AM on August 8, 2011

Ian ist the best vampire!

Authentic vampires do not sparkle on the sunshine… -.-

Avigail

Posted at 9:41 AM on August 8, 2011

I love Robert Pattinson and Ian Somerhalder but I think that Edward is the best vampire and not Damon.Robert is so Amazing on vampire in Twilight and I’m so happy than he won
Goo Robert Pattinson!!!!!!!

Ksenia

Posted at 8:43 AM on August 8, 2011

OMG! Ian Somerhalder is the best vampire!!!

anon

Posted at 8:16 AM on August 8, 2011

THE BEST VAMPIRE WON! :D

Iris

Posted at 6:53 AM on August 8, 2011

Seriously?!

Ian deserves it way more than Robert!*snort*

still can’t believe he didn’t win.

Emma

Posted at 6:51 AM on August 8, 2011

ROB WON 2 AWARDS YAAAY!!!! He truly deserved it he worked so hard for WFE and it was AMAZING!!!! And for choice vampire he deserves it more than anyone because he started all the crazy vampire hype that everyone loves now and now some people are saying Ian deserved it HELL NO! IT ALL STARTED BECAUSE OF ROBERT PATTINSON!

rocknmovies

Posted at 5:49 AM on August 8, 2011

LOL! Rob won deservedly. And he also best drama actor for Water for Elephants. Rob all the way. He is a real international star…

Veronica

Posted at 5:45 AM on August 8, 2011

So glad Rob won!!!

Selin

Posted at 4:32 AM on August 8, 2011

ROB ALL THE WAY SO HAPPY HE WON CHOICE VAMPIRE AND 2 YEARS IN A ROW ACTOR DRAMA HE TOTALLY DESERVED IT! IT IS BECAUSE OF HIM ALL THE VAMPIRE HYPE STARTED NOBODY EVEN CARED ABOUT VAMPIRES UNTIL ROBERT PATTINSON CAME NO TWILIGHT NO TVD NO TRUE BLOOD NO ANYTHING I LUV ROB PATTINSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS WHY TWILIGHT BECAME A HUGE WORLDWIDE FRANCHISE! ROB’S HAIR WASN’T THAT GOOD AND HE STILL LOOKED HOT!!!!! ROB <3 <3 <3

maedamon

Posted at 4:23 AM on August 8, 2011

RPAT Gay fairy douche!

@maedamon

Posted at 4:52 AM on August 8, 2011

And you are a jealous hater, sore loser and an idiot.

maedamon

Posted at 4:19 AM on August 8, 2011

WHY DID THAT STINKY FARTINSSON WON? he’s not even a vampire
1) he sparkles in the sun
2) he lives in a forest
3) he has magical powers

there you go, he is a FAIRY!
how could he win choice vampire when he is a fairy he should’ve won the choice fairy award,,, tsk tsk

Kia

Posted at 8:16 AM on August 8, 2011

I like it) I mean your answer. totally agreed

ian

Posted at 4:05 AM on August 8, 2011

ian ian ian hes a dirty naughty vamp my kind

LB

Posted at 3:42 AM on August 8, 2011

You know what they say.. When you ‘assume’, it will make an ass out of you! Sorry but after your stupid sh*t about Ian destroying Robert, I was so thrilled Robert won!

abbey

Posted at 2:49 AM on August 8, 2011

you people have bad taste seriously ian all the way rob not even hott and he dosent have fangs

ian ian ian ian ian all the way and it went three ways so in my mind tvd won

cindie

Posted at 2:39 AM on August 8, 2011

We love you rob.your the best,So glad you won for WFE.

MK

Posted at 2:58 PM on August 8, 2011

I adore Ian and Rob, but the teens made the choice. I couldn’t eben vote. Stop complaining. Next time submit a suggestion to TCA to change the awards; one for the little screen and one for the big screen. Twilight is still showing on the big screen and the teens love Rob. Maybe when it is no longer on the big screen Damon (Ian) will win. I think he is great and so sexy, but so is Rob. You complain too much and give us too much personal comments. Just show the facts.