Selena Vs. Demi Vs. Miley: It's A Disney Darling SMACKDOWN At The TCA's This Weekend — But Who Should Win?

Fri, August 5, 2011 5:40pm EDT by 141 Comments

Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato AND Miley Cyrus are all up for Choice TV Actress in a Comedy at the Teen Choice Awards Aug. 7, but who should walk away with the trophy? My answer might surprise you!

When it comes to entertaining TV, the Disney Channel has got it down to a science! The network consistently churns out fun, upbeat comedies, especially with strong female leads — which I love. In fact, all three of Disney’s most beloved starlets of the last few years — Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus — are nominated for Choice TV Actress in a Comedy at this year’s Teen Choice Awards Aug. 4. However, I’m not convinced any of those fine ladies should win…

Obviously, I’m a huge fan of the Disney darlings and their shows. Plus, all three programs — Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place and Sonny With a Chance — ended their final seasons, so winning this award would be special for any of them.

That said, I believe Nickelodeon’s Miranda Cosgrove from iCarly goes under appreciated and should take the prize for Choice TV Actress in a Comedy this year. The 18-year-old actress has been diligently working on her show for four long seasons — and there are still more to come. I don’t know if you’ve ever had the opportunity to see iCarly, but Miranda is hysterical. She’s spot on with her line delivery and her maturity far exceeds her age, yet she still manages to connect with her young audience.

Not to mention, iCarly has been a pioneer in children’s programming and deserves more recognition as a whole. My good friend and children’s programming expert from NYU, Alethea Ebb, recently explained to me what makes iCarly so special.

“Carly is a celebrity in a similar vein to Hannah Montana, but in the case of Carly it’s because of her hard work and tenacity rather than her fancy wig and pop-sounding voice,” she said. “But not only is the show more or less socially responsible, it’s also downright funny, and is respected by people outside of the world of kids TV. The show has featured appearances from Jane Lynch, Jack Black, Jim Parson‘s and Michelle Obama. What other show (besides the universally-loved Sesame Street) could appeal to someone of that caliber?”

The TCAs are a popularity contest, so I have a feeling Demi or Miley is going to win. However, if this award was based solely on talent, I’d hand the prize to Miss Cosgrove.

Take a look at the nominees for Choice TV Actress in a Comedy below and tell me, who do you think SHOULD win?

Miranda Cosgrove, iCarly
Kaley Cuoco, The Big Bang Theory
Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana
Selena Gomez, Wizards of Waverly Place
Demi Lovato, Sonny with a Chance

aisha

Posted at 4:14 AM on August 7, 2011

MILEY of course! she really know how to make people laugh! i love MILEY :))

NICOLE

Posted at 3:54 AM on August 7, 2011

WILL MILEY BE IN TEEN CHOICE AWARD ??

Andrea

Posted at 12:58 AM on August 7, 2011

Demi is the better actress but so is Miley, Demi has AMAZING acting skills (CSI) and Miley (The Last Song) But it sucks for Selena because we haven’t gotten to see her acting chops yet, she was in her new movie (Monte Carlo) but it really had no serious moments

jazzmine

Posted at 11:24 PM on August 6, 2011

SELENA SHOULD WIN.. SHE”S THE BEST..SHE MAKE ME LAUGH AT WIZARDS OF WAVeRLY PlACE EVEN OFF THE SET

ari

Posted at 11:08 PM on August 6, 2011

Selena isn’t stupid Miley is so ugly and Stuppid

Kylie

Posted at 12:54 AM on August 7, 2011

Don’t be rude, there is no reason at all to call Miley those names, Miley is very pretty and you calling her ugly makes YOU look bad, so many young girls KILL themselves everyday because of people like you. Celebrities aren’t perfect, they’re humans too. Get a grip and learn to be nicer online.

Smiler Radiate Love

Posted at 11:00 PM on August 6, 2011

Miley
Miley IS THE BEEST I LOVE YOU MILEY (: YOU WIIIIN selena you are stupid! I HATE YOU!!!

peacegirl99

Posted at 10:41 PM on August 6, 2011

selena gomez selena gomez she will win for sure she’s the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i <3 her !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

dumas1000

Posted at 10:27 PM on August 6, 2011

Who is voting on this? Teens would not vote for an actress on Nick vs an actress on Disney. Miranda is not high-profile enough. Popularity tends to effect this sort of award shows. Selena might be adorable, but she is average at best in both acting and singing. Demi is a much stronger singer then an actress. Miley is a much stronger actress then a singer. Miley deserves to win. It would be kinda sad, to be honest, if Selena won, because it would prove that this is 100% a popularity contest. If that’s the case, then it doesn’t even matter who wins, because none of it really means anything.

Lucia

Posted at 9:36 AM on August 7, 2011

All the Awards of that show don’t mean anything! Everything is based on Popularity. How can you explain that Taylor Swift is going to receive Ultimate choice? She’s a singer since what 4 years? for real? Britney Spears received it after 10 years of career. So it means what it means: Only Popularity and not real talent! Of course some deserve to win but not SELENA and not Taylor swift. Miley cyrus and Demi Lovato are better singers and actresses. I don’t buy it when people say Taylor and Selena have an “innocent” image compare to miley and demi, we don’t know what’s in their mind. Swift and gomez are still little girls because they have to stick to that, because kids and teens are people who vote for them and by their cds and tickets.
It will be over one day. For once people should vote fairly and not because they love one celebrity so much that they want her to receive an award not deserved.

Marina

Posted at 6:24 PM on August 6, 2011

Even though, I am a Lovatic, I actually agree with you on this. Miranda is really talented in acting. Demi is much more of a singer. Selena is nice and I have nothing against her, but I honestly don’t think she’s much of a singer OR an actress. (Not that she’s such a bad actress, but she’s not great either!) And.. I don’t know the 5th one..

my Dilemma is your love SELEEEEEEEEENA

Posted at 5:28 PM on August 6, 2011

You make me so upset sometimes
I feel like I could lose my mind
The conversation goes nowhere
Cause you never gonna take me there
And I know what I know
And I know you’re no good for me
Yeah, I know that I know
And I know it’s not meant to be
Here’s my dilemma
One half of me wants you
And the other half wants forget
My my my dilemma
From the moment I met you
And I just can’t get you out of my head
And I tell myself to run from you
But I found myself atractted to my dilemma
My dilemma
It’s you, it’s you
Your eyes have told a thousand lies
But I believe them when they look in mine
I heard the rumours but you won’t come clean
I guees i’m hoping it’s because of me

Yeah, I know that I know
And I know it’s not meant to be
Here’s my dilemma
One half of me wants you
And the other half wants forget
My my my dilemma
From the moment I met you
And I just can’t get you out of my head
And I tell myself to run from you
But I found myself atractted to my dilemma
My dilemma
It’s you, it’s you

FIX THE SITE PLEZ

Posted at 5:25 PM on August 6, 2011

Wha the hell, yesterday Selena had44 % and it dropped to 19%. This is wrong !
Wha the hell, yesterday Selena had 44 % and it dropped to 19%. This is wrong !
Wha the hell, yesterday Selena had 44 % and it dropped to 19%. This is wrong !
FIX THE SITE PLEZ FIX THE SITE PLEZ FIX THE SITE PLEZ
ALL THE PEOPLE VOTE 4 seleeeeeeeeeeeeeena goomeeeeeeezzzzzzz♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥

FOR SURE SELENA WILL WIN TOMORROW

Posted at 5:24 PM on August 6, 2011

seleeeeeeeeeeeeeena goomeeeeeeezzzzzzz♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥

jelena till the world end

Posted at 5:22 PM on August 6, 2011

_¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1__1_1 ___2¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶…¶¶¶¶¶¶1__11 ___¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶___1 __¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶___ __¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶___ _¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1_ 8¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶2 ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶2____6¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1_______¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1_________¶¶68¶¶¶68¶¶8¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶___________2¶¶¶¶¶¶61¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1_____________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶_______________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶166862___________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶_881268¶¶82_______¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶__6¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1_____8¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ 8¶¶¶¶¶___8¶¶¶¶¶2222____6_12¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ 28¶¶¶¶________________________8¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ _¶¶¶¶¶2__________________________8¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ _¶¶¶¶¶2_______________________________8¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶6_________________1_____________6¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ 88¶¶¶¶¶2________22_______2_________1268¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ 8¶¶6¶¶626_________1_2881__________2661¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ 2¶¶_¶66______161____________11____11__¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ 6¶¶_8__¶_______¶¶¶626268¶¶¶¶1________¶¶¶¶6¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ 1¶¶26¶¶¶¶1______¶¶1____6¶¶6_________¶¶¶¶__¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ _2¶¶8¶¶¶¶¶¶1_____¶¶¶¶¶¶¶8_________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ __28¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶2_________________18¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ 1_16¶¶¶¶¶¶¶16¶¶1_____________1¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ 11168¶¶¶¶¶12__2¶¶__________6¶¶¶¶618¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶8 1_118¶¶81_12____¶¶¶61_26¶¶¶¶¶¶___2¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶6_ _112261____1______¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶2_____¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶_¶ ________________________________2¶86¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶2_¶ ¶¶_____________________________12822688¶¶¶¶¶¶6__8¶ ¶¶¶___________________________112121122_18¶¶6_¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶___________________________1___1_11____61¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶_______________________________________¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶6_______________________________1121__¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶________________________________1621_8¶¶¶
the winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnner who will win for sure

peacegirl99

Posted at 10:37 PM on August 6, 2011

selena gomez selena gomez she’ll will win she’s the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

peacegirl99

Posted at 10:43 PM on August 6, 2011

you got some skills the picture looks really nice !!

a smiler

Posted at 4:38 PM on August 6, 2011

miley cyrus is the best and if she wont win we dont care anyway she is the best

mileyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

miley4ever

Posted at 4:34 PM on August 6, 2011

miley is the best she will winnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

go smileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Miley Fans

Posted at 4:33 PM on August 6, 2011

MILEY CYRUS!!

dssdad

Posted at 2:57 PM on August 6, 2011

Wha the hell, yesterday Selena had 36 % and it dropped to 19%. This is wrong !

Lisi

Posted at 2:30 PM on August 6, 2011

MILEY MILEY MILEY MILEY MILEY MILEY MILEY MILEY MILEY MIELY MILEY MILEY MILEY LA MEJORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DEL MUNDOOO SIN DUDA ALGUNA

mileyyyyyy

Posted at 1:42 PM on August 6, 2011

mileyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

INA

Posted at 2:19 PM on August 6, 2011

MILEY CYRUS! MILEY CYRUS! MILEY CYRUS! MILEY CYRUS! MILEY CYRUS! MILEY CYRUS!

Star Cyrus

Posted at 1:22 PM on August 6, 2011

miley!!!!! miley!!! miley!!! forever!!! miley the best!!! miley cyrus!!!

lauiraaa

Posted at 11:59 AM on August 6, 2011

heyy! DEMI Must win That choice!!! DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI DEMI

paola

Posted at 11:44 AM on August 6, 2011

miranda isn’t even funny!!! Selena should win.

iamVaLoo

Posted at 11:44 AM on August 6, 2011

SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joel

Posted at 11:42 AM on August 6, 2011

Selena Gomez For Ever!!!!! <3<3<3<3

G.

Posted at 11:25 AM on August 6, 2011

miley will win. miley needs win. miley deserve win. miley its so talented, guys. she are the best. fact.