Shocking New Report: 'Desperate Housewives' Will End After Season Eight!

Fri, August 5, 2011 6:10pm EDT by 12 Comments

It’s official! ABC’s long-running hit show is entering its eighth and final season! All good things must come to an end, right? Are you disappointed?

ABC is announcing on Sunday, Aug. 7 they are canceling their hit show, Desperate Houewives, after the 2011-2012 season, reports our sister site, Deadline Hollywood.

Though ratings have naturally dropped over the past seven years, the comedy was one of TV’s most popular shows, garnering over 120 million viewers worldwide. An even more impressive feat, DH has won multiple Emmy and Screen Actors Guild awards during their run.

Sources told Deadline Hollywood Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, and Eva Longoria are “shocked and saddened” about the show’s end, since they expected the series to fill nine seasons.

It is unfortunate that the show is winding down, but it had to end at some point. Why not part ways while the show is still respectable?

HollywoodLifers, are YOU sad the end of Desperate Housewives is near? Share your thoughts below!

-Josh DeMilta

desperate wives online

Posted at 4:45 AM on May 15, 2012

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you really realize what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also discuss with my site =). We can have a hyperlink trade contract among us

Sheryl Mulligan

Posted at 11:08 AM on May 14, 2012

Every Sunday I looked so forward to DH that I would schedule my very busy day to have everything done before DH came on. As a matter a fact that’s the only show I watched Sunday’s. The show as far as I’m concerned was a refreshing change from all that shootem up & kill ‘em more violent shows all over the networks and I suppose it be replaced with another more violent program. Not everyone considers violence entertainment.

karen

Posted at 11:20 PM on May 11, 2012

I will miss this show, it has been truly entertaining,something that tv shows on now cant even come close to. I dont know how many ratings it takes for a show to continue,but it seems 8 years is the distance for many.All these reality shows are getting pathetic,it was great to watch a show where there are real actors/actresses with scripts,and be so entertaining for each hour that you couldnt wait for the next.Ironic,now we are the desperate ones!DESPERATE for good tv,like this show gave for so many years.

Rose

Posted at 11:10 PM on April 1, 2012

I will never watch ABC again. DH was the only good

thing going for them !!! Good bye ABC………

Russ

Posted at 12:24 AM on March 19, 2012

ABC should stop canceling such great shows like DH and Brothers and Sisters and putting stupid reality tv shows on that may only last one or two seasons. It cost More to get a new show off the ground than to keep shows that generate a solid viewer base and dependable advertising dollars for the network.

Juan Caballero

Posted at 5:59 PM on March 13, 2012

Why!!!!!!! It’s an awesome show my wife and I love it bring it back let it have nine seasons:(

Yasmin

Posted at 11:36 PM on March 12, 2012

Sad news but, I hope they don’t leave it at some sort of permanent horrible cliffhanger like characters dying or something, thats the least they can do.

p

Posted at 7:54 PM on August 30, 2011

Desperate Housewives is one of the best shows on television. Its getting better by the seasons to. Why in ABC’s right mind are they cancelling it?

Tara

Posted at 5:20 PM on August 13, 2011

D.H.jumped the shark a long time ago and was running on exhaust fumes. The only character I ever really liked was not one of the housewives.but Bree’s(Maricia Cross)gay son Andrew,played by the wonderful actor Shawn Pyfrom.

Nikki

Posted at 7:19 PM on August 9, 2011

I hate this show is ending. I still love every episode and watch over and over on Netflix. I guess they must make room for more crappy reality TV.

Oh my

Posted at 6:20 PM on August 6, 2011

Nooo, Desperate Housewives it one of the best series. I do hope they’ll make more shows like that. But for now there’s always.. Pretty Little Liars. I hope it’ll last just as long!

oh dear

Posted at 6:54 PM on August 5, 2011

finally! :) time for some new stuff! this show hasnt been the same since the gardener left lol