Selena Gomez Admits: I'll Probably Quit Music & Stick To Acting! Would YOU Miss Her Songs?

Tue, August 2, 2011 2:41pm EDT by 43 Comments

Selena Gomez says she’s going to hang up her music career eventually to focus on her acting! Do YOU think it’s a good idea?

Selena Gomez originally got her start as young and spunky comedic actress, so it’s no surprise acting is her first love. However, the 19-year-old performer doesn’t think she’ll always have space in her life for her second passion: music.

“I think I’ll probably stick to one thing. Probably acting,” Selena told E! News. “I think music is going to be in my life for sure, whether it’s me in my house singing or in the car, but I just feel like that’s where I belong.”

The former Disney darling added, “I feel like music is obviously a wonderful palette to grow, but it’s more comfortable for me to grow as a character as opposed to myself, if that makes sense.”

Selena has released three albums with her band Selena Gomez & the Scene and is on her first ever tour, We Own the Night. Needless to say, she’s doing a pretty great job dominating both acting AND music.

Do YOU think she should throw in the towel? Sound off below.

Loading video...

Hating david conway

Posted at 8:26 PM on April 14, 2012

U suck david conway selens rox

Selena's biggest fan

Posted at 11:05 AM on April 14, 2012

I adore selena gomez and her singing. Im not some crazed fan i mean if i ever got to meet her i wouldnt freak id want to become friends with her. She seems nice and i think if shes going to stick to one thing it should be singing. I like her acting as well but her singing i would say is my favorite. Im young a tween who tends to have a fav singer but then they go all wierd. For example Miley Cyrus i used to like her but then she went all crazy and now Selena is my star and if she quits singing i just dont know what id do. I really dont want her to quit. Dont Quit Singing Selena!

funny pictures

Posted at 7:50 AM on April 13, 2012

Magnificent web site. A lot of useful info here. I am sending it to several friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you in your effort!

david b conway

Posted at 3:25 AM on April 7, 2012

dear hollywood life hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is that im so sorry for that comment i mde here just selena gomez , sucks i know that was rude to say that here , i wanted to say to selena maire gomez just if she can read this post here , what,s wrong with selena gomez one mintune she what,s to quit her old tv show and now she what,s to put her music on hold and taking a brake from music i just do,nt understand selena gomez what does she have for her pre,teen,s fan,s and her disney fan,s and the rest off her fan,sjust to watch about her on tv series or not to listen to her new music any more , i know that this is not my busines to ask here , but i did check her future motion pictures , just about the motion picture of spring breakers will not be out to fan,s to watch just untill the next spring season of next year 2013 just a,long with the motion picture of 13 reason,s that movie will not be shown for the fan,s just untill next year as well in 2013 , good job selena gomez , and please send this to selena gomez twitter as well , love david b conway

Purchase Used Saxon Curriculum Now

Posted at 1:22 AM on April 7, 2012

Hello there, I discovered your blog by way of Google while searching for a related topic, your web site got here up, it appears to be like good. I’ve bookmarked to favourites|added to my bookmarks.

Amyre

Posted at 7:43 PM on March 28, 2012

I love selena I think she should keep singing and acting because im going to miss her because she is such a beautiful singer and actor and selena if u are reading this I think that these be who say u can’t song they are all hater and they have bad taste so don’t listen to then listen to the people who love when u sing , and all the haters that want to talk u can be quiete and selena millions of people need you so don’t do what they say listen to your heart and I know im nine but please don’t stop singing cause I love you and we need you .

david b conway

Posted at 2:38 PM on March 6, 2012

selena sucks

bravo51

Posted at 2:37 PM on March 6, 2012

disney is a joke in hollywood for any one to want a real acting career

bravo51

Posted at 2:35 PM on March 6, 2012

thank god she has stopped her craptastic signing she f..ucking sucked

Kk hates selena haterz especially david b conway

Posted at 8:29 PM on April 14, 2012

U f suck dood

Kk hates selena haterz especially david b conway

Posted at 8:29 PM on April 14, 2012

U f suck dood

Samantha

Posted at 8:07 AM on March 2, 2012

PLEASE don’t stop I love you so muck

brandy gideon

Posted at 1:56 AM on February 26, 2012

don’t give it up i’ve never been to one of your concerts but i want to go to one but if you stop music i’ll never get to

david b conway

Posted at 5:07 AM on August 14, 2011

page 2 / just about selena gomez the actress of actting , she can always go back to actting just when she at the middle age of 25 , alot teenanagers theses days some times they die just when they are young and we do,nt what that for selena marie gomez , love david b conway

david b conway

Posted at 4:56 AM on August 14, 2011

dear hollywood life web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here and to the haters that is on here this web site , why do,nt you haters pepole just the hell up , selena marie gomez , is to young to give up her singing just because off her haters pepole just hates her to much and just with her actress acting that is so easy to go back to just when she , that,s so wrong , i will support her selena gomez just do more albums just untill she is in her middle age of 20 , and just if she does quit her singing i will hate her miss selena gomez just forever , love david b conway

david b conway

Posted at 1:52 AM on February 10, 2012

dear hollywood life , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is that i do have sad news just for selena gomez , i hope that she is siting down some ware , but my sad news just to selena gomez , is about her old tv series just by wowp tv studio and by walt disney production company , just finish the script for the second sequel 2 , motion picture deal with the wizards of waverly place the movie 2 sequel , and they are waiting for selena marie gomez , just to come back to do the motion picture right now , love david b conway

badapple

Posted at 12:58 AM on August 3, 2011

Selena has a very cute voice, though watching her live, one can’t fail to admit that she needs autotune to be successful with music. Besides, Disney Stars would never be taken seriously in singing unless they make desperate moves (like Britney did, or Miley trying to do ryt now). So quiting singing might be a wise choice for her, since even her acting is not that good yet. Focusing on one field might help her improve her image, and not just a squeaky-clean girl from Disney :/

Naomi

Posted at 11:28 PM on August 2, 2011

Well, she’s not a terrible actress, just decent. She should stick to acting to be honest. If she wants to be taken seriously, she should pick more mature roles and take a risk for once. As for the singing, be honest, when has any star from Disney continued to sing after their contract was up? None. Her singing is not the best and it won’t last. My prediction: she’ll be around for a little while.

Matt

Posted at 9:09 PM on August 2, 2011

To all those slamming Selena I say you are all just jealous haters. Selena is a wonderful woman with great acting talent & an amazing gift of music. I am proud of Selena for all that she has accomplished. I cannot imagine a world without Selena’s acting & music in it. If Hollywood cannot recognize such a well gifted & talented young woman like Selena then it is their lose & sadly ours too. We should be encouraging Selena to continue to share her gifts & talents with us, because she brings out the best in people while still maintaining a level head not many in Hollywood can say that. I personally hope to meet Selena face to face, because she’s a repectful individual & that’s not just because she shows others respect, it is that she also has great self-respect. NO ONE has the right to tear her down, NO ONE!!!!

Vanessa

Posted at 11:42 PM on August 2, 2011

Oh, that’s funny because I can imagine a world without Selena Gomez’s music and it’s less annoying. Hollywood doesn’t care about her talent. They just want to cash in on another disney channel starlet while she’s still young and wholesome. She brings out the best in people? Her songs are cookie cutter and girls are more interested in what she’s wearing and who she’s sucking face with. And just because people criticize her doesn’t mean they’re hating. Not every celebrity can be a triple threat. Get over yourself.

Matt

Posted at 3:10 PM on August 4, 2011

Vanessa
You cross me as being a hateful & hurtful person. You say that I need to get over myself, why? It’s illogical for you to attack who you don’t know. And for all I know you could be a good person with a bad attitude.

david b conway

Posted at 4:29 AM on February 16, 2012

dear hollywood life web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here just to the hater,s on here why do,nt you hater,s shut up just if selena marie gomez , just to do more music that is not busnies , just because i have problem,s with selena gomez , i do,nt show it some times with selena , and my problem with selena gomez , is fact that she doesn,t understeand that today,s music sell,s more than motion picture,s in the theather,s , and she doesn,t know about walt disney production company and wowp tv studio at all just about they did not confirm the second sequel motion picture sequel was not cancell by them at all , selena gomez , is the one that she cancelled her self out long before they made the script for the second sequel motion picture , and now they are done with it , and now they are waiting for selena gomez just to come back and filming the movie , love david b conway

david b conway

Posted at 10:13 PM on August 5, 2011

dear hollywood life web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to the disney actress , just of mis selena gomez m just if her can just read this comment just by david conway , matter what i said about her just on her boy friend web site called , justin bieber shrine blog , i what to say that it wasnt me , that i what to be the hater of selena gomez , i was very despointed just at her just way that she got justin bieber to be her boy friend , and second question comment is that just about her future career , just do,nt listen to your haters any more , i know what,s better for you selena marie gomez, i just think that selena gomez , just do,nt stop singing just because off us here , and to be i think it,s not about giving up on music , it,s about the style of music , may be it,s time to sing in counrty music , and just do,nt give up on music because off her movie roles , and just do,nt give up on the kids and family films just because off thoses haters just hates kids and family films, there are so stupit pepole , and just with my ideas selena marie gomez , just if she can read this post comment here some time , and my ideas i have just for selena gomez , i love to see a dream girls production company just like the american girls production company, and i love to calling the dream girls studio that selena gomez can just make the drect to videos and dvd tv movies just for the teensanagers girls , i love to see a merger with the american girls just with selena gomez , and i do think i what to stop now and i will love to contiue again later just after selena marie gomez just reads my frist comment frist , im so srry just for beinging so mean to selena gomez online , i do care about her very much , love david b conway

k

Posted at 7:54 PM on August 2, 2011

She should really quit both altogether, but I’ll be glad to see the day when she quits releasing her crappy, auto-tuned albums. If she wants to be grown-up & taken seriously, she probably shouldn’t act in stupid Disney & kid movies.

muffins

Posted at 3:25 AM on August 3, 2011

so? a lot of singers albums are autotunes. and plus, a lotta actors start out in disney & disney isnt crappy either.

Angel

Posted at 5:49 PM on August 2, 2011

SHE SHOULD STICK TO ACTING.
SHES NOT A GOOD SINGER.
no offense not trying to be mean

reddgrant

Posted at 5:00 PM on August 2, 2011

I have never heard any of her songs and the only reason shes famous is because shes dating the Bieber!

Jasmine

Posted at 5:40 PM on August 2, 2011

You haven’t heard any of her songs? Yeah, that’s probably why you say that crap.
I love her songs, but I think she needs to focus on acting better than singing, singers that act don’t get taken seriously in the acting industry.
Love her though! Screw the ego filled boyfriend she has & his little pathetic fans. COME AT ME BROOOOOOO!

david b conway

Posted at 2:11 AM on February 10, 2012

just to jasmine comment here why do,nt jasmine here shunt up please , music today is more importit in the today,s hollywood , why do pepole make motion picture,s sound track albums for may i ask , love david conway

Anna

Posted at 4:06 PM on August 2, 2011

gosh NO she’s a terrible actress….and she can’t sing either but let’s leave it to the people who can actually do it, won’t we selena??

LL

Posted at 3:51 PM on August 2, 2011

No I will not

nik

Posted at 3:44 PM on August 2, 2011

i love her but i wont miss her songs their not all that to me but i would love to see her act more but in more grown up roles im not saying to go nude jus movies for her age!!!

nooffence

Posted at 3:19 PM on August 2, 2011

thank god… leave the singing to people who can actually sing.

Demi Always!!

Posted at 3:01 PM on August 2, 2011

FINALLY!!

brianna

Posted at 2:51 PM on August 2, 2011

i think you need to get a better dress