Selena Gomez Admits: I'll Probably Quit Music & Stick To Acting! Would YOU Miss Her Songs?

Tue, August 2, 2011 2:41pm EST by 43 Comments

Selena Gomez says she’s going to hang up her music career eventually to focus on her acting! Do YOU think it’s a good idea?

Selena Gomez originally got her start as young and spunky comedic actress, so it’s no surprise acting is her first love. However, the 19-year-old performer doesn’t think she’ll always have space in her life for her second passion: music.

“I think I’ll probably stick to one thing. Probably acting,” Selena told E! News. “I think music is going to be in my life for sure, whether it’s me in my house singing or in the car, but I just feel like that’s where I belong.”

The former Disney darling added, “I feel like music is obviously a wonderful palette to grow, but it’s more comfortable for me to grow as a character as opposed to myself, if that makes sense.”

Selena has released three albums with her band Selena Gomez & the Scene and is on her first ever tour, We Own the Night. Needless to say, she’s doing a pretty great job dominating both acting AND music.

Do YOU think she should throw in the towel? Sound off below.

Loading video...

ruta

Posted at 9:58 AM on December 31, 2013

plz dont quit i love selena gomez. she is my favourite singer. i will realy realy miss u. i have realy been looking 2 go 2 1 of ur concerts.

Luke Dutton

Posted at 3:52 AM on September 10, 2013

Selena don’t stop singing you are far to talented to give singing up because if your stop singing who will i listen to because your the only one the i would listen to and watch all your movies i think you should carrying on singing and acting because your an amazing singer never give it up because i would love to listen to any of your new songs

David , conway

Posted at 12:20 AM on May 28, 2013

im so sorry for i started a problem on here just with this hollywood life .com web site , im so sorry about every thing i said on here , love david

maria

Posted at 8:30 PM on December 28, 2012

I love selen she is my #1fan i wish that she will sang she is soooooo good i will die if she stop omg i love het she sooo pretty i love selean marie gomez

Luke Dutton

Posted at 3:58 AM on September 10, 2013

if you are her #1 fan you would spell her name correctly because im a biggest #1 fan of Selena because my profile picture and cover picture i got on facebook is the same as my ask.fm account with my profile picture the same has my profile picture on facebook and same with the cover on my timeline i also got it as my Twitter account in the same way and my desktop on my laptop i got my cover picture from facebook as my background and i been searching for Selena on ask.fm most of the time im on there so im a much bigger fan of Selena’s then you are

david b conway

Posted at 3:27 AM on December 17, 2012

,dear hollywood life web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is that just if selena gomez what,s to throw in the towel and quit music i will lose her respect , love david conway

Aislinn

Posted at 12:26 PM on May 5, 2012

I love Selena she’s my fav singer. She’s really good at singing and acting but I love hermusic. I don’t want her to let her
Fans down. I’m only 11,bht I c her
On wisards of wqverly place shes good ya but I own a cd of her music i got it for christmas and i love it. Please selena, dont quit!!!!!!! ;p

buy office 2010 product key

Posted at 10:20 PM on April 15, 2012

Woah this blog is wonderful i love studying your posts. Stay up the great work! You understand, lots of people are looking round for this information, you could aid them greatly.