'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert & J.P. Rosenbaum Plan To Get Married Next Fall!

Tue, August 2, 2011 10:31am EDT by 12 Comments

Ashley and J.P. have talked wedding plans, but for now want they to get their lives on track. ‘She’s going to move up to New York, we’ll find a place, get settled, she’ll get a job,’ J.P. explained!

Bachelorette Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum have been secretly engaged for almost three months, but during the Aug. 1 season finale they revealed their exciting news to the world. Now, the happy couple are planning their future together and even talking about wedding dates! Ashley confessed on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Aug. 1 that they are hoping to get married sometime next fall!

“We really just want to focus on our engagement, but I’m thinking the end of next year, in the fall,” Ashley tells Jimmy.  “She’s got to finish school. She’s going to move up to New York, we’ll find a place, get settled, she’ll get a job,” adds J.P.

Right now, Ashley and J.P. are just content to enjoy their relationship after having been separated for the past two months.

The first few days of their engagement were wonderful. “We were in a very private house on a private island so it was very romantic for a few days,” Ashley gushes. “I think we were there for four nights. No one had any idea.”

But as soon as they returned to the U.S., they had to keep their relationship private even though they were able to see each other occasionally. “Every two weeks, it’s chaperoned to some extent,” shared J.P. “We get to see each other and we lived on Skype. I don’t watch any TV anymore. Gym, home, three hours of Skype, sleep.”

And even though they tried their hardest to keep their engagement mum, J.P. slipped up a few times.

“[There were] inadvertent text messages meant for her, sent to someone else,” J.P. confessed. “Some of my friends [got] ‘I love you baby.’ They are like what does this mean? At that point, it was pretty recent. How do you explain it? There’s no one I would talk to that way except other than her.”

Still there were some hard times that they had to face together over the past three months like watching the show air on TV. “We can kind of laugh about it now,” Ashley admitted. “When I would watch episodes, I would tell him, I think this is going to bother you. And he [he would] watches it and find 20 other things that bother him.”

But apparently, J.P. didn’t watch the part where Ashley made out with runner up Ben Flajnik on a bed the night before she and J.P. got engaged — until Jimmy played him a clip. “I actually hadn’t seen that till just now, so thanks!” J.P. said. “I watched the finale, but just our parts together.”

BFFs — do you think it’s good that J.P. and Ashley are waiting over a year to get married next fall?

- Lindsey DiMattina

Get More Bachelorette Stories:

1. ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert’s Moving To NYC To Live With Fiance J.P. Rosenbaum!
  2. ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert’s Engaged To J.P. Rosenbaum: ‘I’m Madly In Love With You!’ J.P. Says!
  3. ‘Bachelorette’ Finale Preview: Ashley Hebert’s Sister Doesn’t Like J.P. Rosenbaum!

how to fall asleep lifehacker

Posted at 9:47 AM on November 30, 2013

It’s in point of fact a nice and useful piece of info. I am glad that you
just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this.
Thanks for sharing.

how to text a girl you like

Posted at 3:39 PM on May 4, 2012

Helpful information. Lucky me I discovered your web site by chance, and I’m surprised why this coincidence didn’t came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

up games

Posted at 8:32 AM on May 4, 2012

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again soon!

lisa

Posted at 6:52 PM on January 25, 2012

Did they get married??????

Staceyann Dolenti

Posted at 2:46 PM on January 2, 2012

So did they get married yet???

Staceyann Dolenti

mira

Posted at 2:05 PM on October 23, 2011

JP watch out, Ashley is so fake!!!!

EDITH

Posted at 3:31 PM on August 25, 2011

ASHLEY HERBERT IS A VERY LUCKY WOMAN TO HAVE CHOSEN JP.FROM THE FIRST DAY OF THE SHOW I FELT LIKE JP WAS MY BROTHER AND WANTED HIM TO FALL IN LOVE WITH ASHLEY.JP IS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE ASHLEY.THEIR ENGAGEMENT IS THE SWEETEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME.I EVEN DREAM THAT I ATENDED THEIR BEAUTIFUL WEDDING,WHAT A LOVE STORY.I BELIEVE THAT THEY HAVE A BIOCHEMICAL BONDING MADE BY GOD.WHAT A BEATIFUL BABY AND HANDSOME GUY.

Lisa

Posted at 1:33 AM on August 25, 2011

I am very Happy for J.P. & Asley, It is hard to find that special someone for your whole life & Eteritey God Bless Them Both . My husbad & I have been married for 27 years , you just work with each other as Partner’s Team or what ever make’s your marriage work , make it be together no matter what the confilck’s are that’s what is all about is LOVING NOURTURING each other for ever & ALWAY’S .Lisa

Angie Moppin

Posted at 7:03 AM on August 3, 2011

I think it went perfect , they are so cute together and seem to have great connection . They are truly blessed . This was the best couple yet , everyone needs to give them a chance . Love is hard to find and they are in love and people need to be happy for them … Good luck to them …

Jessica

Posted at 4:44 PM on August 2, 2011

Amy- She did actually try to start talking to Ben before he got down on one knee but he stopped her and starting talking. How would you react in that situation? You don’t know because you haven’t been there. I think she handled it pretty well. I don’t think she has a big ego… they asked her if she was going to do any other shows like Dancing With The Stars if she was asked and she said no because she wants to focus on having a real relationship with JP.. where is the big ego?

amy

Posted at 3:44 PM on August 2, 2011

This was just one in a line of horrible seasons. They trick us each week to watch with trailers that never show what they claim they will and complete hype. Ashley you have a bottomless pit for an ego and I feel so sorry for Ben for having to get down on his knee only to have you say no! You could have stopped him, but that would not have built your ego now would it? I can’t even watch this show anymore. I tape it, only to watch the rose ceremony and I taped the last, only to see who she chose. I stopped watching when Ashley was told NOT to believe a word Bently said and the fool declares her love for him! Please!

Letta

Posted at 3:25 PM on August 2, 2011

Maybe I’m too much of a prude, but I thought Ashley and J. P.’s kissing during the interview with Chris Harrison was excessive. A little bit of kissing is Ok–but it seemed like kissing was done rather than their talking to each other. There are times and places for public displays of affection–but I think you need to control yourself sometimes in public.