'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert Blogs: I Let Ben Flajnik Propose Because I Didn't Know What To Say!

Tue, August 2, 2011 6:27pm EDT by 5 Comments

Miraclee Wilbertf

Posted at 11:38 AM on July 11, 2012

Fine way of explaining, and good paragraph to get facts about my presentation subject, which i am going to convey in college.

linalee

Posted at 4:30 AM on August 11, 2011

Ashley tried to stop him at the beginning. He totally cut her off and told her not to say anything. And then as he was professing his love, she just had this sick to her stomach face. She never smiled, and you could tell she was so uncomfortable and didn’t know what to do. I think Ben should have seen that. I think Ashley is a little ditzy and I’m not her number one fan, and I absolutely adore Ben and my heart broke for him. But I don’t think Ashley should be as villianized for this as much as she is. Ben was too good for Ashley anyways, Ashley and JP seem to be more on the same level. Ben will find a girl infinitely better.

Aly

Posted at 7:40 PM on August 3, 2011

“I felt awful,” Ashley admits. “It killed me to know I hurt him as much I did. I thought, how could I go ahead and find such happiness on a day that I caused Ben so much pain?”

Really Ashley? So that’s why you decided to rub salt and lemons in his wounds by allowing him to go on and on about how he loved you, get down on one knee and propose before you could find the words to stop him?

She is insecure and needed an ego boost. She wanted to know that he wanted her and wanted to marry her even though she wasn’t planning on saying yes. It just validated her own sense of self-worth b/c she was rejected/hurt by so many of the other negative comments/departures from the other guys….that she could end the show at least knowing she had two men who really wanted to be with her (unlike the 2nd runner-up Constantine who left her so “late in the game” leaving her feeling undesired/uncertain. At least he had the decency to be honest and not go through with the rose ceremony…) She sucks!

Paula

Posted at 12:29 PM on August 3, 2011

Oh, give me a break Ashley. How old are you and you can’t find the words required to respect someone. What you did was shameful and just goes to show how immature you are. But you did the right thing by picking JP becasue you never deserved Ben.

Kathy

Posted at 11:23 AM on August 3, 2011

Totally selfish – acted a bit like Bentley.