Nina Dobrev Should Win 'Choice Actress, Fantasy/Sci-Fi' At The 2011 Teen Choice Awards!

Mon, August 1, 2011 6:13pm EDT by 37 Comments

Nina’s facing some stiff competition — especially from fellow vampire-lover Anna Paquin — but I think she’ll see a repeat win this Sunday!

As far as I’m concerned, “Choice Actress, Fantasy/Sci-Fi” is a Teen Choice category Nina Dobrev will (and should) dominate for as long as The Vampire Diaries is on the air. Her portrayal of spunky human Elena alone would earn her my accolades, but the fact that she also pulls double duty as über bitch vampire Katherine is what seals the deal for me. It’s a rare thing for two of my favorite characters on a show to be played by the same actress.

I know Nina’s not the only nominee playing dual roles — Fringe‘s Anna Torv plays two versions of her character, Olivia — but Nina’s the only one who is required to play against herself in the same scene on a regular basis. And that’s no easy task.

And while I also love Teen Wolf‘s Crystal Reed, I think she’ll stand more of a fighting chance next year, once we’ve grown to appreciate Allison a little more. (Basically, once we’ve seen her kicking werewolf ass.)

Anna Paquin, in case you couldn’t guess from the picture, is the runner-up in my eyes. I think she does a brilliant job of somehow making the eternally obnoxious Sookie Stackhouse into a likable character, to the point where I actually understand why all these guys might be fighting over her. (And not just because she’s a magical fairy princess.)

But since it all comes down to online voting, I wouldn’t be totally surprised to see Erica Durance emerge victorious. She may be the dark horse of the competition, but Smallville fans are also some of the most dedicated in all the land. And they’re always online.

OK, I’m done spewing my thoughts. Which fantasy/sci-fi actress do YOU want to win?

— Andy Swift

Click here to follow Andy on Twitter

Penny Auctions

Posted at 2:58 AM on May 19, 2012

Hey There. I found your weblog the use of msn. This is an extremely neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

BRIE

Posted at 5:19 PM on August 6, 2011

I want Erica to win… Though with the vampire maniacs these day, I won’t be surprise if the vampire-related actress wins the award. However, acting-wise, I think Erica Durance got the most amazing talent than the other actresses listed, note that I’ve seen all these girls performance. I have no doubt Nina is popular and has always attract the media; though, I do think it was not based solely on talent, rather, people are obsessed with Vampire these days. If Erica wins, I’d be extremely happy and pleasantly surprised. If she doesn’t, I don’t really care. I do hope Erica will win; she has been so under-appreciated for so long. BTW, Nina might have been playing two different character, but Erica also played variety of characters in Smallville alone; she played the silly witch and evil alien well.

ACH

Posted at 12:14 PM on August 5, 2011

Erica ALL THE WAY !!!!! all actresses who are nominated are great.But with no doubt Erica SHOULD win this time.As smallville is now over this will be our last chance to honor the Best lois lane ever ! if teen choice be fair she Must win !

AZERTY

Posted at 7:08 AM on August 5, 2011

NINAAAA FOR EVERRRRRRRRRR

sun

Posted at 5:23 AM on August 5, 2011

Smallville has the best Lois Lane: Erica Durance!

Been voting daily for ED.
Will vote for VD’s ND next year.