Sookie & Eric V. Sookie & Bill! Whose First Time Was Hotter On 'True Blood?'

Mon, August 1, 2011 12:21pm EDT by 88 Comments

Deep in the woods, or down by the fireplace? Vote for the hotter ‘True Blood’ sex scene!

True Blood fans were rewarded for their patience July 31 when Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) made sweet nasty love for the first time after three long seasons. But was their romp in the woods hotter than Sookie and Bill’s (Stephen Moyer) first time by the fireplace in season one? Take a good look at the photo and tell us which couple’s first time YOU think was hotter!

My vote goes for Sookie and Eric, and not just because I’m anti-Bill. While the whole “making love by the fireside” thing is the stuff of romance novels, it pales in comparison to Sookie and Eric’s romp in the forest. The fact that they couldn’t even wait long enough to go back to Sookie’s house is a testament to just how hot they are as a couple.

That’s passion, people. (Sorry, Bill. Enjoy your wine.)

Cyn

Posted at 9:25 PM on August 2, 2011

I’ll take Bill and Sookie anytime. At least their love is true and not caused by amnesia and a rebound.

Mae Sutton

Posted at 12:34 AM on August 3, 2011

Bill lied to her from the start and got her half killed to feed her his blood, never told her the truth, and he never really released Eric now. He’s using them both and is willing to let Eric have sex with her when his plan is to get her back. Bill never got permission to stake Eric. We were told that there were others who were Eric’s friends in high places who wouldn’t let that happen. The whole letting him go scene was a further bit of manipulation, which he’s only smart enough to do with Eric afflicted. Love Stephen Moyer but BILL is a jerk.

Ashley

Posted at 3:15 AM on August 3, 2011

It’s obviously not a rebound. That could not be more clear.

Also, Sookie admitted to Bill that she had feelings for Eric last season, before he had the amnesia. Episode 3.11.

Bill got a copious amount of blood into Sookie right away, in the worst way possible. He made himself look like hero, when he might as well have given her that beating himself. Sookie also only turned to him because her grandma was murdered and her brother turned on her.

Peggy

Posted at 8:36 PM on August 3, 2011

@Ashley – During Episode 3.11, Sookie also told Bill she loves him – same scene actually. Besides, Sookie had the hots for Bill from the moment she saw him. If you have any doubt, revisit Episode 1.1. She had sexual thoughts about Bill the night she met him and she didn’t have his blood then.

Besides, the topic is which couple had the better sex scene, not at what point in her existence did Sookie become attracted to either vampire. Bill would win that one anyway. Sookie’s attraction to Eric started after he tricked her into sucking his blood.

Sunny

Posted at 8:08 PM on August 2, 2011

TO ANDY SWIFT – Perhaps my reply to a comment you made was deleted. In the event it was just a mistake I made posting it I am posting it again.

The fact that you posted about the actors Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin and referred to their marriage is rude and inappropriate. This is their job. Nobody else has been so uncouth as to do that. Not classy Andy.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:23 PM on August 22, 2011

…Not once in this entire article did I reference Anna and Stephen’s marriage.

Mimi

Posted at 7:04 PM on August 2, 2011

@ Marlene Emmett – I cannot believe you have waited 4 years for this episode. What can one say? You obviously have an intense emotional investment in this pairing. Wow,just wow,I hope you have found happiness.

Getalife

Posted at 8:00 PM on August 2, 2011

It is starting to look like to many of us have invested to much time and energy into a TV show. I’m as guilty as the rest. I never watch television don’t even own one. Not even sure how I got started on TB since I have to travel to my daughter’s house on Sunday nights to watch it. Thank goodness it is only 12 episodes a year.

Marlene Emmett

Posted at 6:00 PM on August 2, 2011

I was waiting for Sunday’s Episode for 4 years~since the
Episode 4/Season 1 “Escape from the Dragon House”
It was the episode that Eric first laid eye on Sookie.
He knew she would be his someday!
William Thomas Compton has nobody to blame but himself.
had he NOT taken Sookie to Fangtasia, she would have never
met Eric and Bill Compton would be a happy fellow.
But this was not meant to be.
Eric has had a connection,since the Night of the bombing in
Dallas, for it was on that night that Sookie stole his heart

When Sookie chose to stay with Godric,cause she knew Eric
couldn’t~his love for her was set in stone!.
Eric would never hurt her or lie to her or betray her.
William Thomas Compton did all three of those things
countless number of times~and is still doing them.
Does he deserve Sookie Stackhouse? NO.
Eric has Sookie’s love & Trust. That is something Bill will
never have or ever get back!!!

Sunshine

Posted at 12:46 AM on August 3, 2011

Marlene, you know what’s funny? Even if Bill didn’t take Sookie to Fangtasia, she would still go there, cause she wasgonna investigate the musrders of the fangbangers to clear Jason’s name. So Eric and Sookie were destined to meet anyway. :)

Sunshine

Posted at 2:09 PM on August 2, 2011

ERIC and SOOKIE!!! There are only a few left now on the old Billy team.

Eric and Sookie making love was so tender and sweet. Unlike any other scenes in TB. They have so much chemistry and passion. Making love in the woods under the moon, how romantic. From pesonal experience, I bet Sookie will never ever forget this beautiful lovemaking. I never did. LOL

Now, Eric and Sookie had this coming from the day they saw each other. This couple is the soul of the books. Other side stories are just there to fill the time.

Bill banging Sookie was nothing comparing to Sookie’s and Eric’s LOVEMAKING. Bill first of all used her desperation after her gran was killed (because of him) and took her virginity in a not very careful way. We have all been there, a virgin needs her first time to be special, not just quick banging. Plus he bit her right away, wich she obviousle didn’t enjoy. Then she had his nasty fangmarks all over her. The cemetary scene was nausiating. He was covered in dirt surrounding corpses for god’s sake! She was scared shitless when he creeped out of the grave. WTF? And then he banged her like a loonatic with his dirty thing. eww And again, she didn’t look like she was enjoying, she looked like she was in a lot of pain. All the other times mostly he just bangs and bites her. Sometimes even from behind and then KISSES!!! her with her blood in his mouth. Just fucking creepy and nasty.

Now after all that I am pretty sure she appreciates the sweet viking, who IS a real Eric. This is just his side, that he hides usually.

Rina

Posted at 2:21 AM on November 15, 2011

If Sookie looked like she didn’t enjoy any of the love scenes with Bill, then Anna Paquin is a terrible actress indeed. Common, Bill and Sookie were hot, but Sookie and Eric are hot too. Personally, I think it’s weird that Eric didn’t drop fang or bite Sookie during sex. (He did in the books.) It’s a violation of vampire mythology. I thought both scenes were romantic but different.

Kjam

Posted at 7:43 AM on August 2, 2011

Both were lovely but in Eric’s current condition his sweet and tender lovemaking was beautiful. Hopefully we’ll also get to see some Viking god sex with Sookie too! Woo hoo! Can’t wait for that .
But I’ll take Eric and Sookie sex any way I can get it!

Sara

Posted at 4:43 AM on August 2, 2011

No question about this. Bill and Sookie of course! That scene had everything Eric/Sookie’s didn’t. Amazing chemistry, love and it was sexy.

Eric however looked more like he was humping her leg/knee.

Linda

Posted at 1:53 AM on August 3, 2011

I imagine you are Sara Loven.

Applebky

Posted at 2:04 AM on August 2, 2011

Sure bill was charged with procuring sookie, but once he found out who or what she was, he never let her fall into the hands of the queen. He protected her over and over again from other people/va,ps he know would hurt her including eric the real one. And remember when he walked out into the sun knowing he would burn to death when Rene was trying to kill sookie. Sure sounds like a vamp that never loved her at all. Everyone is so biased towards Eric there no point in debating Eric vs bill.

And everyone says how great sookie’s blood tastes and wants to drain her dry. Heck even Eric could stop sucking her fair godmother to death. How could bill have controlled himself a million times he’s had her blood if again he didn’t love her.

I’m not on either team, but certain commnets here are obviously serving one side from their perspective. I’m not saying real Eric doesn’t like sookie a lot. But I think real Eric likes himself and his agenda a lot more. You can say both bill and Eric both tricked sookie into drinking their blood, but let be honest and see that bill does indeed love sookie no matter the circumstance and give him some credit even thou he’s got a boring job. I think he honestly is working towards human acceptance of vampires and unification. The most recent flashback of his past life showed that he does not want to kill humans for blood anymore. Eric is over a thousand years old and still is unable to make that change despite godrick’s desire for him to evolve. Eric is still draining people dry mostly recently the fairy.

And that love scene was a yawner. Sweet but a yawner. Stephen and Anna obviously have more heat.

Sara

Posted at 4:46 AM on August 2, 2011

I agree with everything you wrote.

Missouri58

Posted at 5:03 PM on August 2, 2011

I don’t think anyone can dispute that Bill loves Sookie, that’s really not the point. What I interpret from the way Bill’s character has been written (even if AB didn’t intend it to be that way) is that his love is an obsessive kind of love that is distructive and rather sick. He has always treated Sookie like a child not ever giving her credit for being able to make proper decisions on her own. The fact that he killed her uncle whether he deserved it or not was not Bills decision to make and was really sick. I have always been unable to tolerate conceit and Bill is the champion of the conceited personality. As for the scene we are talking about everyone sees things differently. For me Eric and Sookie was making tender love, Bill and Sookie always seemed like raw sex.

Sunny

Posted at 5:25 PM on August 2, 2011

ITA 1000% Sookie and Bill together burn up the screen. Sookie and Bill have beaucoup chemistry!!

Sunny

Posted at 5:30 PM on August 2, 2011

ITA 1000% Applebky – Sookie and Bill have beaucoup chemistry. HOT!!!!

Linda

Posted at 1:50 AM on August 3, 2011

Anna and Stephen are married in real life, but we are talking about the characters.

Ashley

Posted at 3:39 AM on August 3, 2011

I’m so sick of seeing this “Bill loves Sookie”. Who cares? What about Sookie, and what she wants?

And I’m sorry, but using Eric draining Claudine as an example of why Bill is better and loves Sookie more is ludicrous. First of all, do you not remember when Bill met Claudine and tried to do the same thing, last season? But she was able to zap him in time, but not with Eric, because he’s faster and stronger.

The 100% fairies are irresistible to vamps, and you can’t blame one but not the other. Sookie is not a full fairy, so this doesn’t apply to her.

And Anna and Stephen are not Bill and Sookie.

I thought the Eric/Sookie sex scene was way hotter and more sensual. And unlike the B/S scene, in which Bill popped fang right away and bit Sookie and the cliffhanger was him lapping up her blood, Eric was all about Sookie and pleasing her. Their last shot was them kissing and making love.

VV

Posted at 10:06 PM on August 1, 2011

E indiscutivel que a melhor cena é eric e sa”fada” sookie,…concordo plenamente.È facto fim….

Cherie

Posted at 8:53 PM on August 1, 2011

The Eric/Sookie scene was ridiculously cheesy. It came off as very awkward to me too. Nope, not buying it. Anna and Alex have no heat whatsoever, IMHO.

Jessesgirl

Posted at 11:02 PM on August 1, 2011

To each his own. I saw it as tender and beautiful you saw it as cheesy. I respect your opinion and hope you can respect mine.

Sunny

Posted at 5:27 PM on August 2, 2011

So true Cherie

Ashley

Posted at 3:33 AM on August 3, 2011

Let me guess, Bill fan?

JEN

Posted at 6:26 PM on August 1, 2011

OMG I love the new Eric with Sookie AND the old Eric with Sookie. I just hope they keep it this way and don’t make them hate each other.. .ughh that would SUCKKK.

Eevs

Posted at 6:14 PM on August 1, 2011

Eric/Sookie definitelly!!!! Can I just say RAWR? :D

Amy Leigh

Posted at 4:50 PM on August 1, 2011

Eric/Sookie, without a doubt. I’ve never found a single Bill/Sookie sex scene to be hot or sexy. Plus I love that the Eric/Sookie scene was tender and loving and felt unlike any other sex scene they’ve ever had on this show. It was perfect.

Andy Swift

Posted at 6:45 PM on August 1, 2011

And isn’t that ironic, considered Anna & Stephen are married in real life?

Sunny

Posted at 5:37 PM on August 2, 2011

To Andy Swift – Have a little respect for Anna and Stephen. They are actors and this is their job. Why would you make an inappropriate and rude remark like that.
Not classy at all

Mara Winters

Posted at 4:27 PM on August 1, 2011

Sorry…I meant opinion not option.

Mara Winters

Posted at 4:26 PM on August 1, 2011

I get the whole its “making love” thing, but it was alittle awkward(at least for me). I didn’t get that sense of connection between them. It was lacking. Just an option.

Amnesia Eric is cute, but Sookie is just screwing herself over. This is what Eric could be if he didn’t have a 1000 years of baggage. If Gran told her its temporary, I think its sets the tone for what to expect.

TV Eric is all about Sookies blood and abilities. She is an investment, and Eric will do what hes got to do to protect that. I don’t see him really caring for her.

Asfandancer

Posted at 6:10 PM on August 1, 2011

Of course we all have our opinions and as in all things that opinion will favor which character we like best. I saw much love in Eric long before the amnesia, but he is incrediably intelligent and does understand that to fully love her would weaken him which would be counterproductive in as much as Sookie as a human will be in his life for such a short span of time. I like the fact that he takes what he can get, but he never pushes her. He sees the true Sookie that Bill never gets. I agree Bill loves her, but his love is rather sick and obsessive. He prefers her as a child he can control and manipulate. Love yes, but not a healthy kind of love.

jen

Posted at 6:22 PM on August 1, 2011

BOO TO THIS COMMENT. GO ERIC AND SOOKIE!!!

Missy

Posted at 3:56 PM on August 1, 2011

I thought that scene with Sookie and Eric was beautiful! My favorite sex scene of this show. It was a lovemaking not about sex and blood. It was about a connection of body and soul.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:57 PM on August 1, 2011

Thumbs up, Missy!

Natalie

Posted at 3:44 PM on August 1, 2011

Sookie and Eric hands down. It was so romantic and beautiful.

LTV

Posted at 3:39 PM on August 1, 2011

ERIC & SOOKIE HANDS DOWN.
It wasn’t sex and blood like Bill and Sookie, it was love, passion and intimacy, a deep connection and the place was spectacular, it looked like a paint.

VPG

Posted at 3:11 PM on August 1, 2011

Sookie and Eric! Absolutely Sookie and Eric!!!!

chyral inman

Posted at 2:41 PM on August 1, 2011

I think Sookie and Eric are hands down by far hotter. Eric has no underlying reason for wanting Sookie, Bill always did.

amy

Posted at 2:02 PM on August 1, 2011

The Eric-Sookie scene could have been much longer, but given that we got to see Eric’s lean long naked body I have to go with their sex scene. Naked Eric >>>>>>>>>> Naked Bill any time and that was the deciding factor.

Asfandancer

Posted at 1:39 PM on August 1, 2011

Sookie and Bill was all groping and grabbing. Eric and Sookie was tender and caring. As for the pictures showing Bill still in his cloths on, both teams will always come up with excuses. Sookie and Bill’s scenes always get four times as much screen time and we Eric fans never get the pleasure of those two together without Bill getting his mug in there somewhere.

kjam

Posted at 12:58 PM on August 1, 2011

They were both equally hot in their own way. why does one have to be better – I loved them both. I once thought I could never want Sookie to be with anyone except Bill – but like Sookie , I’ve moved on – to Eric!!

jenn

Posted at 12:43 PM on August 1, 2011

And also, seriously Andy, what happened to you? It makes me sad that you sold out.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:14 PM on August 1, 2011

lol how did I sell out?

William Earl

Posted at 1:29 PM on August 1, 2011

That is just what a sell out would say.

The REAL Jenn

Posted at 2:37 PM on August 1, 2011

Andy you are totally right, Eric is wayyy hotter with Sookie. But… Bill is drinking BLOOD not vino. Get it right.

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:38 PM on August 1, 2011

Haha, no! It was wiiiiiine! I’ll defend that to my death. In fact, I want that on my tombstone. “Here lies Andy. (Bill was drinking wine.)”

The REAL Jenn

Posted at 2:57 PM on August 1, 2011

“Historically speaking, and accrording to the mythology… Vampires can’t touch wine because of it’s ties to a certian religious practice. Communion. According to history, when an object or substance is sacred/holy, the Vampire(s) cannot make contact with it, Being that vampires are evil incarnate.” THANK YOU Yahoo Answers.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:58 PM on August 1, 2011

LOL I can’t believe you resorted to Yahoo answers to try to prove me wrong. I feel like Alan Ball doesn’t play by those rules.

Leslie

Posted at 10:36 PM on August 1, 2011

Don’t be silly. Bill dispelled all the myths about vampires and holy objects in Season 1. In TB world, vampires are not affected by crosses, holy water etc.

Rina

Posted at 2:27 AM on November 15, 2011

TB vampires have nothing to do with evil or religion. Bill was drinking blood because that’s all vampires can drink. They can’t digest anything else.

jenn

Posted at 12:42 PM on August 1, 2011

Cheated with the photos. You show Bill with his clothes on so people who didn’t see their scene will vote from the pictures. Also, making love outside isn’t also a cliche? It is in True Blood, Jason & Crystal did it first.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:17 PM on August 1, 2011

Haha, I didn’t cheat! I just went with the best photos I could grab from YouTube. (Guilty as charged…) And I made up for Bill’s lack of naked-ness by putting his picture on top.

What do you want from me?!

VPG

Posted at 3:02 PM on August 1, 2011

I really don’t think the pictures used matter at all. I think the people voting on this probably had their minds made up before they read or looked at anything Andy had to say. And if you just wanted the pictures to look at the handsome men without clothes, well I’m sure there are plenty of sites and videos where you can see those pictures and clips from True Blood.

donna

Posted at 10:10 PM on August 1, 2011

My mind was made up before I saw it!!!!!!!!!!!Sookie & Eric all the way; it was sooooooooooooooo HOT!!!! Cant get it out of my head even though I know it was fiction, it was so hot beat out all the times of Sookie & Bill (which have been many) I wish they would have showed us more time-wise!!!

Ashley

Posted at 3:30 AM on August 3, 2011

Jason and Crystal did not make love outside, they were making out and then she took off.