'True Blood' Recap: Sookie & Eric Have Sex In The Woods! Best. Scene. Ever.

Mon, August 1, 2011 12:27am EST by 29 Comments

Eric & Sookie finally consummated their timeless romance, while Bill drowned his sorrows in a glass of wine. Did I mention he was alone?

I’ve been looking forward to the July 31 episode of True Blood — the much-hyped full moon episode — for a while now, and I have to be honest, it was a little disappointing. As it turns out, you can’t “make” someone a were-panther, so Jason (Ryan Kwanten) didn’t get his big transformation, despite the many episodes dedicated to building up his story line. That being said, I was definitely NOT disappointed by the very last scene, in which Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) made sweet nasty love in the middle of the woods!

Seriously, if you thought last week’s Sookie/Eric kiss was epic, this week’s outdoor excursion must have blown your mind. King Bill (Stephen Moyer) was all set to stake Eric on the lawn, when the Nordic beauty’s final request prompted a change of heart.

Eric said he was willing to die — especially considering all the horrible things he’s done in the past — but that he wanted Bill to end up with Sookie afterwards. (That makes ONE of us…) He said Sookie deserves happiness with whomever can give it to her. Clearly Bill’s cold, selfish heart melted right along with ours.

Now let’s get back to Jason. As I said, I’m beyond disappointed we won’t be seeing him turn into a big kitty — or so it seems — but I’m kind of intrigued by his new relationship with Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll.) I know it’s only because he drank her blood, but they’ve got a real connection. And as much as I love her with Hoyt (Jim Parrack), “Jessica and Jason” just rolls of the tongue.

Speaking of tongues, Sam (Sam Trammell) and his new girlfriend Luna (Janina Gavankar) also went to bed for the first time this week — only it wasn’t Sam! That’s right, mommy and daddy’s little killer Tommy (Marshall Allman) finally skin-walked. And, not surprisingly, the the first person he turned into was his dear brother Sam. The sex was great, but the whole ‘throwing Luna out afterwards’ part was less so. Sam’s got some explaining to do!

Click here to vote for the hotter True Blood sex scene: Sookie & Eric or Sookie & Bill!

For this week’s recap, I saved the craziest part for last. Not only did Marnie (Fiona Shaw) welcome the late, great Antonia’s spirit into her body, but he also got a slew of crazy new powers that allow her to control vampires! And she’s not the only one…

Over in Mexico, Jesus’s (Kevin Alejandro) crazy brujo grandfather cast a little spell of his own, which led the spirit of Jesus’ dead uncle right inside Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis.) He began his ritual by launching a rattlesnake at Jesus’ neck, and even though it was nice that Lafayette’s new spirit buddy was able to save him, I was kind of hoping it might have been curtains for Jesus. Am I the only who’s kind of… over him?

In summary, for those of you keeping score at home, two people now have spirits living inside of them, and two Stackhouses have now had dirty woodland sex. (But not together. Incest is really more Bill’s cup of tea.)

Now you tell me: What did you think of Sookie and Eric’s first time? Do you hope Jessica and Jason become more than just blood-mates? And what do you think is going on with Arlene’s evil, pyrotechnic baby? Drop us a comment!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more True Blood

Master wedding planning,professional wedding planning,wedding planning,wedding planning guide,wedding planning tips

Posted at 11:41 AM on April 11, 2012

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

Katrina

Posted at 9:37 PM on November 22, 2011

I got to see this episode for the first time today (11/22/11) and yes it is months after everyone else thanks to work. I also saw the much touted Breaking Dawn Part one yesterday. Wow what a difference!! Cheesy preteen wannabe vampire sex vs Steamy all grown up HAWT with a capital “H” sex. They have a great chemistry together and I was into it. I need to take a walk just to cool off now before I can even move on the rest of the episodes.
I love everything about True Blood!
Oh and in reply to wanting Jesus gone.. nope, I want to keep him. Can we get rid of Bill?

bmae0508

Posted at 10:35 PM on October 4, 2011

Love Eric Nice Or Naughty:He is Always Great. Eric is simply a beautiful man from head to toe. He is one of the ones who will have made out with in a room full of people and not care.

Lisa

Posted at 1:54 PM on August 7, 2011

Loved the scene between Eric and Sookie in the woods, but I truly miss the shower scene from the book, it was way much better!

Christine

Posted at 11:10 AM on August 3, 2011

I absolutely LOVED the scenes between Eric and Sookie! The scene where they are making love was just that…making LOVE! It was not about the blood, control, or seeing how much Eric could get Sookie’s boobs to bounce around. It was about being sensual and Eric worshipping every inch of Sookie’s body. People have to remember this is the first sexual experience that Eric remembers, and he wanted it to be beautiful. For me, the music was perfect. And while I did not like the panning back to Bill, I did get a good laugh out of the fact that Bill was feeling everything that Sookie was feeling, and I am sure she had never felt the love with Bill that she did with Eric. Eric treats Sookie the way she deserves, Bill always treated her as his possession! So I say “Thank You” to Raelle Tucker for giving us a different kind of love scene that what we are used to on True Blood!
And can I please say what a terrific job Sam Trammel did on the episode! Sam, playing Tommy playing Sam was acting at it’s finest!

Tanya

Posted at 2:59 AM on August 2, 2011

Ohh my word Eric is the sexiest being alive… lol, well, you know what I mean. Sookie belongs with him. I have been burning to watch this episode, which I will be doing tonight. I just couldn’t stay away from the spoilers, i HAD to know what happened with Eric and Sookie. Cant wait!! Thanks for filling me in :-)

Jenny

Posted at 9:54 PM on August 1, 2011

and if you want a real eric/sookie scene… read the books… their first time is so so much better in the books!

Jenny

Posted at 9:53 PM on August 1, 2011

In the books Jason does turn into a werepanther hybrid. A bitten werepanther cannot fully change, but he does get all furry like teen wolf… I bet he changes… it affects the story line and how he perceives things…

kim

Posted at 1:24 PM on August 1, 2011

Wasnt impressed with the episode. They have way too many plots. Im interested more in the Vampires than everything else. In the first season, they did it perfectly. Now therse 5 or 6 plots? C’mon guys.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:42 PM on August 1, 2011

The show is getting a little… crowded. I’ll give you that.

GiGi

Posted at 8:00 PM on August 1, 2011

I agree–They are a little all-over-the-place this season. Also, the lines have gone from being catchy and clever to being a parody of the previous seasons.

Mirela

Posted at 12:18 PM on August 1, 2011

The Sookie and Eric seen was just okay. I am sure there will be others but I can’t rave about this one cause the chemistry is just not there imo. Oh and by the way I am TEAM SOOKIE!

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:09 PM on August 1, 2011

Team Sookie? I respect that.

TVDIVA

Posted at 5:55 AM on August 1, 2011

The creepy doll and baby Mikey are scaring the crap out of me so I did some research. The beautiful actress playing the spirit Mavis is Nondumiso Tembe. She is in four episodes – this one, Cold Grey Light of Dawn, Spellbound and Run. So we should know soon if she is helping Antonia or just torturing Arlene and Terry. Either way, that plot thread has had me jumping all season.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:53 AM on August 1, 2011

Wow, you really did your homework. A lot of people are hating on the Mikey storyline, but I really like it. Definitely curious to see where it goes…

BALL BILL BONER

Posted at 5:51 AM on August 1, 2011

If all of you who KEEP on defending Alan Ball, don’t SEE even NOW, that he obviously has NO intention to EVER do the Eric Sookie storyline any justice….Well good luck with your ignorant hopes.Ball’s story is ALWAYS going to lead directly back to BILL being the true hero.After suffering thru a 3 season wait for the Eric/Sookie story to finally be told…He then rushes thru the whole thing in just seconds of screen time > First, Eric gets cursed one episode… then BAM> they kiss..then BAM> Eric gets dragged away by Bill… then, BAM> Hero Bill lets him go again… then BAM> the (dark crappy )sex scene.It was presented as if Ball was saying “THERE, NOW EVERYBODY CAN SHUT UP ABOUT IT and I can go back to focusing on my BILL” Where were all the tender,sweet interaction scenes between Eric and Sookie that led up to them getting together? Oh R-I-G-H-T .. I forgot…the time was used up for SIDE STORIES no one cares about.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:56 AM on August 1, 2011

I agree that a little more build-up to Eric and Sookie would have been nice, but to be fair, they get together pretty quickly in the book. And the show is still… sort of… based on the books.

I predict Eric will get his memory back on the season finale, and I’d LIKE to see him and Sookie stay together at least into next season. It’d be fun to see how their relationship would work with him back to his old ways.

GiggirlNYC

Posted at 4:37 AM on August 1, 2011

I felt gypped of the Eric & Sookie first time together. WTF! I have to watch Sookie playing ‘Be vewy quiet…I’m hunting werepanthers’ in the woods, Jason running through said woods ONCE AGAIN, Bill ‘s character being unsympathetic…AGAIN, a rape, a stupid sex scene with Tara & Naomi…and precious, precious little Eric/Sookie time. When Sookie had her first time w/Bill it was so beautifully played out. Lingering close-ups, sexy music, nice ambiance with the fireplace glow. This episode I get an extremely blurry long shot that is gone in the blink of an eye and some corny theme song that sounded just hick instead of sexy. Honestly- why does the TB team want to cheat their audience so much? What’s the point? I am not raving because Eric & Sookie FINALLY get it on …I wanted a real tender moment of their love making that was not 60 seconds worth of screen time.

[Reply]

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:00 AM on August 1, 2011

lol I just pictured Sookie and Jason in some sort of Elmer Fudd / Bugs Bunny situation. Thank you for that image.

I guess, now that I’ve had a night to sleep on it, the scene between Sookie and Eric was a little dark. And short. Here’s hoping for many more, better lit ones to come!

Danny

Posted at 1:59 AM on August 1, 2011

FINALLY…am I the only one who doesn’t want Eric to turn back how he was? He is so sexy when he’s being nice and humble. I thought it was a good episode, it was a lot more consistent than some of the others which had like 500 things happening at once. Yeah, the Hotshot thing was stupid but I think they are leading up to Crystal returning pregnant with Jason’s baby. I’m kind of glad Jason isn’t a were-panther because that’s just sort of dumb. We need some characters who aren’t supernatural on the show. I predict Sam is going to kill Tommy for real by the end of this season and become a shapeshifter as well.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:03 AM on August 1, 2011

Oh, believe me, you’re not the only one who likes new Eric better.

I really do hope Crystal comes back with mini-Jason, because I’ll feel totally gypped if there isn’t more to that story line.

And yeah, it’s definitely time for Tommy to go bye-bye. (And are we ever going to know more about the guy Sam killed in the past? The one they hinted at during last season’s finale AND he mentioned earlier this season…)

kevin

Posted at 9:14 AM on June 17, 2013

i cannot believe this vapid crap.

Bianca

Posted at 1:44 AM on August 1, 2011

How could you leave out that amazing scene with tara and her girlfriend?? I find it sooo cute. Also I’m loving Jessica and JAson, it does roll of the tongue. You also did not mention the fire and with the baby and the random black woman. Omg I am Antonia’s biggest fan!! TEAM WITCHES..those vampires were so mean back then..i hope the witches kick their asses…of course except jess, bill, eric, and pam. all the rest can die. hehehe.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:51 AM on August 1, 2011

Leaving out Tara was definitely an oversight on my part. As much as I hope Pam doesn’t kill her girlfriend, I think it kind of needs to happen. Tara’s already a vampire-hater, but losing her girlfriend to Pam would push her over the edge.

And yes, Antonia is awesome.

box5angel

Posted at 5:58 PM on August 8, 2011

Leaving Tara out in reviews this season seems to be the common thing now. And I’m sure it’s done on purpose for a few people.

alexandramary

Posted at 1:40 AM on August 1, 2011

It was a let down to not get to see Jason change. But it was really cute to see Jessica come to his aide. There moment of bonding was a nice relief from all the craziness of the previous weeks. The hotshot story line was just useless. As for the Eric/Sookie hookup, it was fantastic. I would have loved to have heard him whisper “Look at me lover” as he does in the books would have been the icing on the cake, but alas Alan Ball has a hard on for Bill and will not give us fans the joy of at least giving us alittle of what made the books bestsellers to begin with. I hope next week is just as good!

Also Pam calling Bill a dork was priceless!

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:04 AM on August 1, 2011

I feel like there are some things that worked well in the books that just wouldn’t on the show… like Alexander Skarsgard saying things like “look at me, lover.” I think it would come off a little awkward.

VPG

Posted at 1:19 AM on August 1, 2011

Loved your take on the episode and I agree! The long-awaited Eric/Sookie romance was EPIC!!!

Andy Swift