Ramona Singer Justifies Calling Jill Zarin An Alcoholic On 'Today Show': Is That Cool?

Mon, August 1, 2011 12:08pm EDT by 18 Comments

On tonight’s ‘The Real Housewives of New York Reunion: Part Two’ the claws come out and Ramona still stands by her accusations!

Jill Zarin firmly believes that what happens in AA stays in AA. The Bravo reality stars appeared on The Today Show Aug. 1 to preview their upcoming season four reunion episode and they dust clearly hasn’t settled. Hosts Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford question Ramona Singer about her motives for inferring Jill is an alcoholic and she puts the onis on Jill!

“Jill keeps inferring that I may have a drinking problem,” Ramona quips. “But I heard that SHE had a serious drinking problem.”

Jill claims she attended an AA meeting several years ago with a friend, but says “If I did [have a problem] … for you to out someone from an Alcoholic’s Anonymous, it’s not for you to tell people.”

On tonight’s reunion, Ramona calls out Jill by saying: “You know what Jill, I really respect you. I think you are a fabulous woman. I know at times you had problems. You went to AA, you had alcoholic problems. Just because you did doesn’t mean I do.”

Ouch! This is one reunion episode that you are not going to want to miss!

— Chloe Melas

Click here for more entertainment news!

1. Kim Kardashian Says: My Fans Make Me Feel Scared & Violated So I’m Moving!
  2. Kris Humphries Says Kim Kardashian Is ‘The One’ — He’s So In Love!
  3. Kris Humprhies Begs Kim Kardashian ‘For Freedom!’ Is She Going To Suffocate Him?

Dayna

Posted at 7:13 AM on August 23, 2011

Ramona is a drunk..period.

Philly

Posted at 8:14 PM on August 2, 2011

I love Jill and think Ramona is unstable!! Alex is also an odd duck!! I think the brunettes keep it real and the blondes think they are better than everyone else!!!

sexyman

Posted at 2:41 PM on August 2, 2011

ramona is in denial …first sign of an alcoholic. moreover she is so low to comment about AA she is an ignorant

Maizie

Posted at 7:58 AM on August 2, 2011

Dump Jill, LuAnn, Kelly and Cindy. They are wretched, untalented, hypocritical women.
Jill may/may not have etoh prob., but her daughter does.

Philly

Posted at 8:11 PM on August 2, 2011

Eww really Maizie?!? You prefer the blondes? REALLY, Maizie, REALLY?

Lexi

Posted at 2:42 AM on August 2, 2011

Jill is so annoying. She is malicious and likes to throw the punches but is not good at receiving them. She says she’s a nice person but yet blogs about Ramona’s alleged drinking problem?
Ramona insists that even if Jill was an alcoholic, she isn’t. Jill needs to tell the truth about being an alcoholic and if she can’t deal with the consequences of opening her mouth, then she should keep it shut.
P.S. All the brunette’s need to leave the show…they are bullies. The only reason I watch the show is to watch the blondes (and I’m a brunette).

Sweet M

Posted at 12:37 AM on August 2, 2011

I love Jill, she’s mor perfect but she’s real. Alex is a phony opportunist who is trying to make bucks any way she can, and it won’t be by modeling. Ramona is a storyteller who drinks and acts out in public like a 12 year old. Those two evil troublemakers will have it come back to them sooner or later. It always does.

Sarah2

Posted at 12:15 AM on August 2, 2011

Whenever Ramona is confronted with something she tells a lie about someone else to deflect responsibility. That’s her spin. I’ve had enough of her and Alex to last a lifetime. Will never watch the show again.

sara

Posted at 6:32 PM on August 1, 2011

this blog always has a jill zarin bias, anyone who watches the show knows jill said ramona had a drinking problem first

Danielle

Posted at 4:36 PM on August 1, 2011

Kind of shocked that Ramona would go down this road! Sober people don’t demand their favorite type of wine be at every function and they also don’t bring their own bottle to a function either! That’s not normal!

Beyoncca

Posted at 12:18 AM on August 2, 2011

I Agree! Finally someone said what I’ve been thinking. I have alot of relatives that drink and I have never seen someone demand that their specific brand is available, and were family. I also never would imagine seeing a grown woman like Sonja chastise Cindy for the wine not being their. Ramona wants to act like it’s normal that Alex said “If I know I’m going to meet up with Ramona I always bring her wine in my purse”.
Sonja said “If Ramona get’s to my party and theirs no pinot I send someone immediately to get some”. Who says that?
At Brad’s party in Moracco. Ramona sat there texting and pouting because Brad said” I don’t have Pinot but I have tons of other white wines”. Ramona said nothing, because alcoholics don’t have manners.

crystal

Posted at 2:42 PM on August 1, 2011

AA has saved my life! It is there for anyone seeking to stop drinking. I respect Jill for keeping her anonymity, wether she is in AA or not, it is no ones business.

Jack K

Posted at 2:15 PM on August 1, 2011

The point is not whether or not Jill is in AA or whether or not you like her. The point is that AA is an anonymous program that helps millions of people. For anyone to say that someone is in the program is not only wrong, but it is downright destructive. Regardless of how Ramona feels, there are certain things that should be off-limits. This is one of them. Anonymity is one of the cornerstones of AA and when people feel they can not keep their involvement private they will stop going. That never ends well and would make horrible TV.

maryla

Posted at 2:20 PM on August 1, 2011

AA is anonymous, but doesn’t it stand to reason that if Jill really though that Ramona had a drinking problem, she’d try to help Ramona in a more constructive way? Blurting out a gazillion times on TV that Ramona is a drunk is surely not the best way to get someone needed addiction counseling. Jill is just being a shrew (as usual) and Ramona fought fire with fire. Sneaky, ugly, underhanded and dirty? yes. Undeserved? No.

Beyoncca

Posted at 12:24 AM on August 2, 2011

When has Ramona needed fire to fight. That’s all Ramona does is give digs all season from stating how Kelly’s crazy on the 1st episode, to LuAnn being a weekend mom, to Bethenny exaggerating her skinny girl fortune.
ALL Ramona is, is mouth. Kudo’s to Jill for standing up for LuAnn.

maggie F

Posted at 7:32 PM on August 1, 2011

No one should “Brand” anyone else an alcoholic, the alcoholic should do that for them-self. By pointing a finger so much at Ramona, she surely was going to retaliate and if Jill is a member of AA she should have kept her mouth shut on the subject. When you point fingers you have four fingers pointing back. Jill is no spiritual Guru, that’s for sure. I am deeply saddened that this is the example that so much of the world now views of AA because the example of one, Jill.

susan williams

Posted at 2:00 PM on August 1, 2011

it take time for one to admit they have a problem and so what if jill is one. maybe if she talk about it and be honest about it then we might like her more. she acts liek she is better than anyone and she is a bully. luann is geting as bad as jill. kelly can jump off a cliff and i will never miss her.but jill loves to make others feel as if she knows everything . i could careless if i never see her ont he show..

Jessica

Posted at 1:54 PM on August 1, 2011

Jill Zarin is a pot-stirring,unattractive, phony liar…
Dump her!!!