'Bachelorette' Finale Preview: Ashley Hebert's Sister Doesn't Like J.P. Rosenbaum!

Mon, August 1, 2011 9:30am EDT by 6 Comments

Ashley’s sister Chrystie tells Ashley that she’s ‘too much for’ J.P: ‘You’re too young and I think you’re too spunky!’

Bachelorette Ashley Hebert is so excited to introduce the two remaining men — J.P. Rosenbaum and Ben Flajnik — to her family now that she’s at the end of her journey and ready to get engaged. She thinks that they are going love the guys, especially J.P. — but it comes as a complete surprise when her sister Chrystie Hebert-Corns doesn’t approve of J.P.!

“Today’s going so well,” Ashley gushes to the cameras. “I don’t think anyone in my family is intimidating. Everyone’s really welcoming. I don’t think that there is anything that J.P. could do that they would feel like he wasn’t right for me.”

Ashley’s shocked when Chrystie talks about J.P. “So what’s going on here? I don’t think he’s the one,” says Chrystie. “I don’t see it. I think he’s a great guy but like, nah ahh. Just the way that you are with him, I’m not seeing it. I think you’re too much for him.”

“What do you mean?” Ashley asks, clearly upset.

“I think you’re too young and I think you’re too spunky and he’s just kind of a little bit older and a little bit more demure,” responds Chrystie. “Why are you crying?”

Ashley pours her heart out: “Because I didn’t think you wouldn’t like him. It’s heartbreaking because I really, really care about him.”

Ashley takes a breather to go walk on the beach and think about what she wants to say to her sister. My sister doesn’t think that J.P. is the person for me,” she narrates. “It was just harsh and uncalled for and I need to talk to my sister because if that were to happen again, I’m scared I’m going to leave here alone.”

She meets with her sister again to try and talk the situation through. “You know with J.P., bringing him here, I was really nervous,” admits Ashley. “I think that came across as discomfort I guess.”

“You want me to like him and that’s your issue,” returns Chrystie. “Am I here to sugar coat it? I don’t get it. I have to be true to how I’m feeling and I’m not feeling it … I’m not saying you’d be better with [Brad Womack], but I’m saying the way that you felt and the way that you looked at him, were much more yourself.”

Ashley tries one last time to make her sister understand. “Both of these guys are so different. It’s not even close,” she states. “I really wanted you guys to like J.P. and I came here — I’m going to cry again. It pisses me off because you are saying everything that’s in my head. I know all of these things and I’m trying to figure it out, but you just come across like you’re being such a b*tch!”

Be sure to catch the season finale of The Bachelorette on ABC, Aug. 1 — and check back here at HollywoodLife.com for our recap!

- Lindsey DiMattina

Read More Bachelorette Gossip Here

1. ‘Bachelorette’ Constant Ryan Park: I’m Jealous That Ashley Winds Up With J.P. Rosenbaum!
  2. Bachelorette Ashley Herbert: Ryan Park Or Ames Brown Should Be The Next ‘Bachelor’
  3. ‘Bachelorette’ Contestant Constantine Tzortzis: If Ashley Herbert Had Been The Right Girl, I Would’ve Been All Over Her!

Lily

Posted at 4:33 AM on August 2, 2011

I think bently did this for his 15minutes of fame and I’m so glad she chose JP

Melinda

Posted at 2:22 AM on August 2, 2011

I have watched this season of the Bachelorette from start to finish. My take is that Ashley’s sister is an obnoxious, “thinks she knows it all,” self-righteous, tatoo-covered bi…, and she needed to “go away.”!!! Period!

Sasha

Posted at 2:33 PM on August 3, 2011

I am watching the finally Bachelorette episodes on DVR, and I had to respond after listening to Ashley’s sister.

I could not believe Ashley’s sister, she acted like she was auditioning for a part. I do not believe she was sincere for Ashley and she was trying to make this episode all about her. I felt bad for JP that he was blindsided by the sister’s invasive questions, and her judgemental overbearing attitude. I also felt she was a phony person who was trying to live her sister’s life.

Ashley is depending too much on her family’s approval for a decision that should come from her own heart.

cynthia

Posted at 8:54 PM on August 1, 2011

Ashley’s sister is not being protective but more so selfish. She wants to hear her own voice too much. Ashley is a grown woman and decide on her own who is right for her.

Her sister had no right to tell Ashley JP was not right for her; that decision can only be determined by Ashley alone. If I was to judge the sister the way she judged JP, then I’d say she doesn’t look like a person who should/could give life/love advice. I hope Ashley follows her heart and right or wrong, make her own decision.

Sam

Posted at 8:36 PM on August 1, 2011

I don’t think there is anyone in this world who can take someone like Chrystie seriously. She is tatted up all over- does she have a real job? Does she have a college degree? Probably not.

Ashley- you’re a grown woman- make up your own damn mind- it’s not that hard. I wouldn’t listen to a word your sister says- she thinks you looked happier with Brad? Brad- a man who clearly didn’t love her.

Hey Chrystie- Didn’t I see you at the freak side show on Coney Island?

Joyce

Posted at 10:14 AM on August 1, 2011

This is Ashley’s life & no one has been “walking in her shoes.” Her sister’s opinion doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. A person knows when “it feels right.” It’s Ashley’s choice. If it turns out to be the wrong one she’ll live with it. Breakups occur & individuals deal with it. JP has come across as the most sincere guy as far as I’m concerned. Ashley should be supported in her decision. This has been a tough road for her & I believe she has learned from it.