Would You Raise Your Kids Vegan Like Alicia Silverstone Plans To Do With Bear?

Sat, July 30, 2011 1:00pm EDT by 7 Comments

Alicia Silverstone has strong feelings about animal rights and environmental issues, so she plans to raise her son Bear Blu as a Vegan!

The actress and author recently wrote a lifestyle book, The Kind Diet, and has a website The Kind Life. Alicia Silverstone is all about eating healthy and not wearing animal fur, which she talks about on her website.

“Bear was grown on vegan food and we’ll continue nourishing him with a healthy diet,” Alicia explains. “He’ll be eating an organic plant-based diet. I intend to take great care of his precious new baby body so I’m committed to giving him nothing but the purest and most healthy food possible. We want to keep his immune system strong so that he’ll be super healthy – which is just one of the many reasons he’ll eat vegan.”

Would you raise your kids vegan, Hollymoms?

–Amber Belus

More Hot Stories:

1. Eleven-Year-Old Vanishes From Her Bedroom — Worried Family, Friends & Police Are Baffled!
  2. Orlando Bloom Hooked On Baby Flynn’s Smell — He Can’t Stop Sniffing Him!
  3. Kourtney Kardashian’s Son Mason Is Following In Scott Disick’s Fashion Footsteps! Oh, No….

Poetry

Posted at 9:57 AM on May 1, 2012

Useful info. Fortunate me I discovered your site accidentally, and I’m shocked why this twist of fate did not happened in advance! I bookmarked it.

Teen Depression and Suicide

Posted at 7:10 AM on April 19, 2012

I appreciate, result in I discovered just what I was looking for. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Jude

Posted at 4:35 PM on July 31, 2011

No way! It’s a decision best suited for well the child is older.

itsmelaurenash

Posted at 11:26 AM on July 31, 2011

I would let my child choose once they are old enough…just because you believe something that doesn’t mean your child has to….give them some information and let them decide for themselves.

Kate

Posted at 7:53 PM on July 30, 2011

Good for her, her baby and the environment! I did the same thing and we are all healthy and happy!

Destiny

Posted at 6:17 PM on July 30, 2011

I will raise my children vegetarian since I am. They wont have meat the whole time I am pregnant and breastfeeding and they will be healthier from it in the long run.

Courtney

Posted at 5:47 PM on July 30, 2011

hollybaby Ms Silverstone isn’t the first celebrity to raise her child/children gegan or Vegiterian are you forgetting Paul & Linda McCartney did it with their children back in the day and their kikds turned out perfectly fine. yes I would raise any future children I’m blessed with Vegan or Vegaterian you don’t need meat to be healthy