Crazy Stupid Love is one of the best romantic comedies I have seen in a long time with the added bonus of Ryan Gosling shirtless! Need I say more?
I don’t know if I can truly express my love for this movie in five reasons, but I am going to give it my best shot!
- You will leave the theater with a six pack from laughing so hard! The humor is so witty and constant throughout that it really does carry the story. Steve Carell uses his typical dry behavior, combining it with his clueless attitude from The Office to make the perfect middle aged man going through a serious mid-life crises.
- If you are a hopeless romantic like me than this is the movie for you, because this story is ALL about love! The young son loves his babysitter. The babysitter loves the boy’s father (Steve). Emma Stone loves her lame boyfriend, and Steve loves his wife (Julianne Moore), who has no idea whom she loves! Each character tells their version of what love means at the point in their lives.
- Analeigh Tipton and Jonah Bobo carried the film! Analeigh, who plays the teen babysitter, and Jonah, who plays Steve’s son, need to be given total props for playing lovestruck kids perfectly. Analeigh, a finalist on Cycle 11 of America’s Next Top Model, proves she can definitely do more than just stand in front of a camera and Jonah is just as great as the young kid who sometimes has more of a clue than his father.
- Ryan Gosling looks hotter than ever as the super suave ladies’ man! Watching him turn from a conceited and douchey dude to a head-over-heels in love man may be one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Why won’t he just fall in love with me?!
- It has one of the best movie fight scenes between Kevin Bacon, Ryan, Steve and a seriously pissed off dad!