Madeleine McCann Spotted In India — Has The Missing Little Girl Been Found?

Thu, July 28, 2011 10:17am EST by 15 Comments

?

Investigators have flown to India to track down a girl matching Maddie’s description and run a DNA test to discover if they have finally found the missing child.

Madeleine McCann disappeared from her parents’ vacation apartment in Portugal in May 2007, just days before her fourth birthday. Her parents Gerry and Kate McCann have never given up faith that they’ll find their daughter alive and have worked tirelessly over the last four years on a worldwide campaign to spread the word about missing Maddie. This sighting must give them fresh hope!According to the Chandigarh Tribune newspaper, a British tourist spotted the girl in the town of Leh. The woman was so convinced she had found Madeleine, she alerted other tourists and American visitor even tried to snatch the girl from the Belgian man and French woman who insisted they were her parents. The police intervened and made copies of the couple’s passports so they could be traced.

Indian police are now discussing how to proceed with the investigation with British authorities and investigators hired by the McCanns.

A spokesperson for Maddie’s parents explains, “Our private investigators are aware of the reports from India over the weekend about a possible sighting of Madeleine.”

“We are liaising with the Indian authorities over the incident and await the results of the DNA test.”

The sighting comes just two months after the fourth anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance, which was marked by the release of a book written by Kate, called Madeleine, Our Daughter’s Disappearance And The Continuing Search For Her.

The same month British Prime Minister David Cameron reopened the investigation into her disappearance, hoping for a “new perspective” to the case.

Let’s hope something results from this sighting and Maddie is finally found!

Update: MADDIE’S PARENTS SPEAK OUT

– Ian Garland

More Hot Stories:

1. ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Star Sarah Drew Is Pregnant! It’s A Seattle Grace Baby Boom!
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Star Ryan Edwards’ Nude Photo Scandal — He Betrayed Maci Bookout AGAIN!
  3. David Beckham Visits Sick Kids In New York — He Really Is Superdad!

forex

Posted at 1:29 AM on July 11, 2012

Thanks for every other informative blog. Where else could I am getting that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a venture that I’m just now working on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such information.

motorcycle camping gear

Posted at 7:21 PM on June 12, 2012

You really make it seem really easy along with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would by no means understand. It seems too complicated and extremely large for me. I am having a look ahead to your next put up, I will try to get the hang of it!

buy now

Posted at 10:58 AM on May 27, 2012

Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve really loved surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write once more soon!

microsoft office 2011 mac

Posted at 9:06 PM on May 14, 2012

I savour, result in I found just what I used to be looking for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Jessica

Posted at 6:06 AM on April 3, 2012

I feel really sorry for her parents but I have to admitt they shouldn’t of left her in attended !!!

Jessica

Posted at 6:09 AM on April 3, 2012

I hope she is found And that she is safe GOD BLESS MADELINE

sabrina

Posted at 5:28 PM on February 12, 2012

I am praying that they did find maddy this time I REALLY hope !!!! God bless you Maddy, wherever you are. My prayer are with you and your safe return lots off love.

jammie

Posted at 1:19 PM on July 29, 2011

plz be her iam looking in all of the websites of maddy i hope its her !!??

PETRA STARREVELD

Posted at 4:15 AM on July 29, 2011

I HAVE PRAYED EVERY NIGHT THAT MADELEINE WILL BE FOUND..SINCE SHE WAS ABDUCTED…PEOPLE…IF YOU DO THINK YOU HAVE SPOTTED MADELEINE DONT LEAVE A STONE UNTURNED..I ADMIRE THE PERSON WHO TRIED TO GRAB THE LITTLE GIRL IN INDIA..THERE IS ALWAYS +
THT BIG….IF …. AND LOOK FOR THAT LITTLE BROWN STRIPE UNDER THE PUPIL IN HER RIGHT EYE.,…THAT CAN NEVER BE ERASED…LETS ALL UNITE AND PRAY FOR THE MADELEINES RETURN HOME…..WHERE SHE BELONGS……HERE IN CAPETOWN LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE VIGILANT.. WHO KNOWS. ??????

Crystal

Posted at 8:53 PM on July 28, 2011

The woman who tried to snatch the kid away from the people claming she’s her parents is an idiot. If she had been successful in her kidnapping attempt and that little girl turns out not to be Madeleine, she would have been in serious trouble. Hope the cops warned her of the conquences she will face if she continues too try to kidnap children she assumes is a missing child.

Medimus

Posted at 3:19 PM on July 28, 2011

i really hope..that she is medi…i really hope..hope…

Nikki

Posted at 2:02 PM on July 28, 2011

I’m praying this is Maddy her parents need to have there little girl back and she needs to be with her real parents.

praying

Posted at 1:59 PM on July 28, 2011

I hope they find her, she need to go home, her parents and family have been through enough, including being targeted by the media as the ones to look at for her disapearance. God bless you Maddy, wherever you are. My prayer are with you and your safe return.

James Handler

Posted at 1:35 PM on July 28, 2011

I really hope Maddy gets found and the people who were saying they were her parents aren’t and she gets returned to her rightful parents!

Rosa

Posted at 1:40 PM on July 28, 2011

I am praying for the same thing…I REALLY hope it’s her this time!!!!