Missing Madeleine McCann's Parents Insist Girl Spotted In India ISN'T Her!

Thu, July 28, 2011 4:23pm EDT by 9 Comments

Maddie’s devastated parents have called off the investigation after studying photos of the girl spotted by tourists in a Himalayan town — and deciding it’s not their daughter.

Gerry and Kate McCann were placed on alert after a British woman spotted a girl bearing a remarkable likeness to Madeleine, who disappeared from her parents Portuguese vacation villa in May 2007. How sad that it’s turned out to be a false alarm!

Kate and Gerry do not believe the child seen in India was Madeleine,” the couple’s spokesperson confirms. “They have seen photographic evidence and concluded that it was not her.”

“We remain grateful for people’s vigilance around the world. Madeleine is still out there and the search for her very much continues.”

The tourist was so convinced the girl was Madeleine, she raised the alarm and an American visitor tried to grab the girl from the Belgian man and French woman who claimed to be her parents!

Maddie vanished a few days short of her fourth birthday. If she’s still alive, she’d be eight-years-old now.

Do you think she’ll ever be found?

– Ian Garland

More Hot Stories:

1. Kate Gosselin & Her Adorable Eight Meet Taylor Swift At Her New Jersey Concert!
  2. Victoria Beckham’s Baby Tips For Fellow ‘Spice Mom’ Emma Bunton!
  3. Selma Blair Is Reportedly THREE WEEKS Overdue! Experts Tells Us This Isn’t Good!

Fairyprincess

Posted at 9:36 PM on February 11, 2012

How can all these people say such terrible things about her poor parents! They are living a nightmare every single second of their lives:/ it disgusts me that people can be so cruel and unfeeling!!!
The police will still do the DNA tests the parents probably just said it doesn’t look like her, rather than its definitely not. Reports are hardly ever word for word so please stop being so judgemental!!
I’m certain without a shadow of doubt is know my children in a heart beat. So if they say it’s not her then it probably isn’t. How awful to have your hopes dashed and raised.
I hope with all my heart Madeline is back safe and sound in the comfort of her mummy and daddy’s arms very soon. It’s very unusual for so many people to still believe a missing child is still Alive and well so the thousands of people who still believe from the bottom of their heart that she is alive and will be found as I do believe she will be, speaks volumes as mostly within a wk people think the child won’t be found safe do it’s strange how this little girl everyone has the same instinct. Pls instead of judging use that energy to pray the little maddie is returned safely to her mummy and daddy soon.

Michelle

Posted at 6:11 AM on August 1, 2011

All I can do is pray for all of them. So sad, so sad.

lilly333

Posted at 11:22 AM on July 29, 2011

I can’t understand 32.99% of the people who read this thing they’re telling her parents to move on I mean what are they???? idiots??????
COMe on pray for her we will find her one day i promise you guys

jo

Posted at 12:01 AM on July 29, 2011

what a cruel joke her parents are playing.

Clearstreamed

Posted at 7:08 PM on July 28, 2011

They know she is dead if you know the Casey Anthony case look up this one closer it is a very nasty story how that girl disappeared all the blame is on her parents

nel

Posted at 12:35 PM on July 29, 2011

I totally agree with you…the parents say it’s not her without a DNA test? Come one,they say that ’cause they killed her

Marie

Posted at 6:53 PM on July 28, 2011

I’m sorry I wouldn’t say it’s not her with out a DNA test. I think it’s very strange.They gave up this easily.

Destiny

Posted at 8:02 PM on July 29, 2011

That is exactly what I thought. How could they possibly know without a DNA test that she wasn’t their daughter, especially since they haven’t seen her in four years.

Nikki

Posted at 6:10 PM on July 28, 2011

That’s so sad I was really hoping it was her I feel so bad for her parents :(