Kat Von D Was 'Super Rude' To Employees When Storming Out Of Live Interview At Good Day LA, Says Eyewitness

Wed, July 27, 2011 6:00pm EDT by 10 Comments

Kat Von D threw a hissy fit and ran out of a live interview today just as she was being introduced because the anchor mentioned her split with Jesse James… and after she left the hosts went off about her! Watch the videos.

Don’t mention the name “Jesse James” around Kat Von D, she may freak out. The anchors at Good Day LA presented a clip, sent to them by TLC and presumably approve by Kat, of her show LA Ink which featured her getting a tattoo of Jesse’s face on it as a gift to him. Awkward, considering they have now called off their engagement! When Kat realized they mentioned her split with Jesse, she ran out of the building. We spoke to an eyewitness who was there.

“Kat stormed down the hallway and I was really confused because she was supposed to be on set,” says our source. “She asked me, ‘Where’s the exit?!’ and was super rude.”

Loading video...

But was she friendlier before anchor Jeff Michael mentioned her broken engagement? “She was pretty cold the entire time she was on set,” our insider reveals.

Our source tells us everyone was extremely upset about Kat walking out, especially since she had only told the news anchors they weren’t allowed to ask about Sandra Bullock or Michelle McGee. Apparently during a commercial break she mentioned she “hoped” they wouldn’t ask about Jesse.

Host Jillian Reynolds went off on Kat for acting unprofessionally, calling her out for putting her life on a reality show and then refusing to speak about things that will air in the season premiere.

But she’s not the only one that’s angry. “You can hear the producer, Lisa, interrupt the hosts when they’re talking. That never happens. I’d say Lisa is pretty furious,” says another source close to the show.

Kat tweeted, “Dear GoodDayLA, thanks for the waste of a perfectly good morning. Lack of compassion n respect for each other never fails to disappoint me.” She also said she left because of their “disrespectful intro”, which was probably referring to Jeff mentioning she received the tattoo before her split with Jesse.

Good Day LA released an article explaining the incident and says they never would have even booked an interview with Kat if they knew she was refusing to speak about the split. “If one of the stipulations was to NOT talk about her breakup with Jesse James, we never would have agreed to the booking.”

Watch the full clip of Kat’s interaction with Jesse below — including an awkward joke where Kat says she’s worried Jesse will break up with her — and above you can see the hosts reacting to Kat leaving before her interview begins.

Do you think Kat was right in leaving? Or should she have made it more clear she refused to speak about Jesse?

abchange4life.co.uk

Posted at 4:28 AM on August 21, 2014

I blog frequently and I seriously appreciate your information. This great article has truly peaked my interest.
I’m going to take a note of your blog and keep checking for new details about once a week.

I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

abs system

Posted at 10:44 PM on May 9, 2012

That is very interesting, You’re an overly professional blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up for in the hunt for more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks

Strawberry

Posted at 11:20 PM on September 28, 2011

She’s completely irrelevant. “fame” went to this girls head – I’m not surprised her show was cancelled after her abhorrent behavior on the series. No one wants to watch some D-lister act rude and self-important. Boring.

Brittany*

Posted at 10:28 PM on August 25, 2011

DUDE! This is taken totally out of proportion! People need to know what’s going on before they go off on Kat.

This interview was just after the break-up! They scheduled the interview BEFORE the break-up so they already had questions and discussions planned out for her that WEREN’T about the break-up. Way to rub salt in the wounds, GoodDayLA.

Kat and Jesse had been friends their entire lives. They actually had a fighting chance, unlike him and Sandra Bullock. They always had a strong relationship and then decided to take it further. Even though it didn’t work out, you people don’t need to go off and say “TOLD YOU SO!” It’s not like you guys PERSONALLY know these people, so don’t go off making accusations and predictions.

Val

Posted at 8:20 AM on July 29, 2011

Very easy for us all to judge… however, I know that when I’ve just split from an extremely intense relationship, I’m not even thinking or feeling right. In the end, Kat Von D is just a human being. OMG… I would so hate to be a reality star – that’s for sure – I’d never survive.

pat

Posted at 7:48 PM on July 28, 2011

How unprofessional…you are so ridiculous in thinking anyone like jesse james would stay with you. I mean really….look what he did to sandra bullock so what makes you any different. He is a p.o.s. and your stupid for getting involved with him. I would say his 15 minutes of fame is just about over with and you jus proved to everyone that your a piece of crap for dating anyone who would treat someone else as bad as he treated his ex wife so I guess you get what you deserve!!

fizzyfaery

Posted at 8:58 PM on July 27, 2011

What a spoiled..you know what. I laugh at her demise. Sandra B should jumo from the bushes and show her what’s up. Oh wait.. sandra is better than that conniving little whore!

disco

Posted at 7:05 PM on July 27, 2011

i’d hate to talk about a break up on national TV when its really fresh. In fact, I’d hate to do that at all.

LOVESj4

Posted at 4:18 PM on July 27, 2011

That’s what Kat Von D gets, Thinking a guy like that could actually take her serious when he did what he did to an great woman like Sandra Bulock..HA HA to HER!!

Alex

Posted at 2:40 AM on July 3, 2012

That’s unjust… Sandra is no more wonderful than Kat is, they’re two completely different people.