Chad Michael Murray Will Return To 'One Tree Hill' (If Asked!) Do YOU Want Him Back?

Wed, July 27, 2011 2:55pm EDT by 8 Comments

Do you want Lucas back for season nine, or are you over him? (He is SO two seasons ago, after all.)

Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) has been M.I.A. from One Tree Hill ever since he and new-bride Peyton (Hilarie Burton) decided to take a spontaneous road trip into the great beyond with their infant daughter strapped dangerously into the backseat. But Chad tells E!’s Ted Casablanca he’d gladly pay the show a visit — if they ever decide to ask him.

“I haven’t heard anything,” Chad says. “I know how much the fans want it, and for the fans, I think I would definitely do that. Absolutely. … But I don’t know where they’re taking the storyline. It’s all up in the air.”

I’m not going to lie, I’m very much on the fence about whether or not I want Lucas to come back. While the show hasn’t been quite the same since he and Peyton left, I understand the actors’ departure was… less than pretty. There was a ton of behind-the-scenes drama, and I’m honestly not sure if I think Chad deserves to return.

That being said, the fans want it — and isn’t that ultimately what it’s all about? If Hilarie feels the same way as Chad, and the powers-that-be decide to extend an invitation, I suppose I’d be thrilled to see Lucas and Peyton back in town.

The baby can come too — as long as they agree to give it a safer spot in the car on the way there!

— Andy Swift

Click here to follow Andy on Twitter

FAriddd

Posted at 11:24 AM on July 31, 2011

for the final we as the fans need to see CMM and HB ,,so please bring them back,and even without HB and make a dramatic one .

vera hendon

Posted at 1:23 PM on August 21, 2011

I didn’t even get into season 7-8. You got new characters I don’t know and took everyone who was apart of tree hill off. It was so disappointing and I think it screwed up the whole show….whoever decided to write it like that. The foundation was gone. Lucas, his mom, Nate’s mom, Dan, and the two main characters…. It was at the top and then it went crashing down to not even half of what it was… Trying to gewt into it again had been different. so having Lucas and Peyton back will either make it or break it.

claire

Posted at 3:44 PM on July 28, 2011

yes i want both them back to end the show how it began with all them together. we need lucas and peyton back for as many episodes as we can see them in. the cw boss really need to hurry up and talk with them:)

Leyton come back!

Posted at 7:28 AM on July 28, 2011

Bring Back CMM & HBurton for One Tree Hill S9

leyton forever

Posted at 2:16 AM on July 28, 2011

what do you mean about deserving to return? what happened when he left the show?

fanny__c

Posted at 4:26 PM on July 27, 2011

They have to come back! Otherwise it will not be a very good end of One Tree Hill. It would be so much fun to see them again!! I just can’t get why they haven’t asked him already?! I would have asked him and Hilarie right away and hade almost not taken no for an answer, if I would have got to decide! Lukas and Peyton have to come back to Tree Hill!! and sawyer! :)

Kelly

Posted at 3:35 PM on July 27, 2011

I want them both back, but I would take Chad!!! We have been wanting this FOREVER!!! Come back, Come back. Let them both come BACK!

Sara

Posted at 4:33 PM on July 27, 2011

Yeah!! Both of them!! But it doesn’t matter if only Chad comes back!