Did Vanessa Hudgens & Josh Hutcherson Split Up?

Tue, July 26, 2011 5:00pm EDT by 42 Comments

Vanessa reveals she ‘likes being single’ — does this mean her relationship with Josh is over?

Did Vanessa Hudgens dump Josh Hutcherson? The two co-star in the upcoming film Journey 2: The Mysterious Island and they’ve been dating for months, but in a new interview with E! the actress alludes to being single and says she likes to “look at cute boys!”

“I think it’s really important to love yourself and truly just be happy with yourself and just kind of let the rest of it fall into place,” Vanessa gushes. “It is fun to go look at cute boys. But at the same time, I like being single. I feel like I have all this time for myself to be able to do these roles.”

Vanessa and her boyfriend of five years Zac Efron split in December. But we don’t think Vanessa was using Josh as a rebound do you?

The 22-year-old actress who recently cut of her luscious brunette locks and gained 10 pounds for her role in Gimme Shelter, has revealed that long distance is what killed her relationship with Zac.

“Long-distance relationships are hard no matter what,” Vanessa says. “When you don’t have face-to-face time, it’s just different. Having an iPhone helped, but it wasn’t the same.”

Do you think Vanessa’s intense new role may have strained her relationship with Josh?

— Chloe Melas

Click for more entertainment news!

1. Justin Bieber Takes Selena Gomez On Another Sexy Date — To Hooters!
  2. Justin Bieber Wants To Guest Star On ‘The Vampire Diaries!’ Do You Think He Should?
  3. Justin Bieber Is Back At Work In The Studio & Selena Gomez Is Going On Tour — Will They Be Separated For Months Now?

????

Posted at 11:11 PM on April 14, 2012

Josh and Vanessa r NOT dating , well they were but it didn’t work out so well :) <3

Carolina

Posted at 11:08 PM on April 14, 2012

I don’t think that they should be together because vanessa hudgens is just tring to make Zac jell-us! And josh doesnt deserve a girl who is going to use him!?

Mary jane

Posted at 8:44 PM on April 6, 2012

I love josh hutcherson jic he reads this my number is 240-925-6504 please call me but josh only!

Pye

Posted at 10:43 PM on February 25, 2012

I don’t like that relationship. I would like it if he dated someone more idk. I think he is the most cutest, hottest, nicest, funniest, weird guy that I see in movies. On and off camera, he must be a wonderful person! Love You JOSH!!!!!!!!!

Amir

Posted at 8:32 AM on March 9, 2012

If you all haters of vanessa don’t like their relationship, why don’t you guys just go die and rot in hell. Same as josh.Go die. Vanessa can find way more perfect man than josh!

Taylor

Posted at 8:35 AM on April 14, 2012

Amir shut it obviously Vanessa was “too good” for Josh but in reality he was too good for her!!! So get that in your dang head and how about you go die in a hole!!

CarolinE

Posted at 11:13 PM on April 14, 2012

I really do agree with you Taylor!!!!!!!

Rj

Posted at 9:43 AM on February 15, 2012

I think they were together but it just didn’t work out

hah

Posted at 5:40 AM on October 14, 2011

I keep thinking he’s like 12 because of Terabithia. hahah. He’s huge now though.

Jim Bob Sherwood

Posted at 11:43 PM on September 23, 2011

I hope they broke up because Josh, is mine <3

Or Katniss'. Either one, preferrably me. xD

Ashley

Posted at 11:16 PM on April 14, 2012

Oh no Josh is mine

hmmmm

Posted at 6:31 AM on September 18, 2011

josh is 18 turning 19 on October and Vanessa is 22 turning 23 on December. We have the same month of birth.

hmmmm

Posted at 6:23 AM on September 18, 2011

The only relationship between Vanessa and Josh is Friendship. I think they only met because of journey to the center of the earth 2??? But they are not together and never been dating.

Beth

Posted at 8:40 PM on October 26, 2011

I guess that would explain the picture I saw of them KISSING?!

Ms.Adams

Posted at 12:03 AM on September 5, 2011

I wish ya’ll would leave Vanessa alone. If she wants to smoke than fine, if she wants to date someone 4 to 5 years younger than her than that’s alight. That’s not even that many years apart! I think ya’ll are just jealouse of her becuase she’s pretty and she gets to be with all your little “Dream Boys” when you don’t have a chance with them anyway. Leave Vanessa alone. She’s cool.

Hi.

Posted at 9:25 PM on February 25, 2012

…”Dream Boys?”

JK

Posted at 2:32 AM on August 16, 2011

okay sorry but WHAT? she’s too old for him. he needs someone his own age. so does she. I mean, what is this? she’s a good 3-4 years older than him. seriously cougar much?

me

Posted at 6:53 AM on August 22, 2011

You are right! she is too old for him. They do not fit each other. Besides, he is more worth than her!♥

mary_anne

Posted at 5:21 PM on July 27, 2011

uhm at kate and previous comment: both changed,in a negative way ! have you seen the new smoking pics from nessa ? jeesh, the cigarette is the best thing about it. her outfit,she is dressed like a hmhmhmhmhm and even when she’s standing you can see her tiny bra which barely covers anything completely. she looks drunk or high and that sweater which barely covers her bottom..I mean it wasin oversize but still you wear it with shorts or jeans or so.plus,overknees. bad combination tho.
and to zac..he’s partying a lot as well.
its pretty obvious that when these two were together they were good to each other…
and it wasnt their different characters or any problem:it was the distance who killed ‘zanessa’.too bad :/

huh?

Posted at 8:35 PM on August 1, 2011

What language did you just speak? Go back to school, child…

husna

Posted at 5:27 AM on August 25, 2011

yes.venessa i like you.

kate

Posted at 5:16 PM on July 27, 2011

I don’t think they ever really dated! Too bad she is not with zac, they seemed so perfect together! Now that zac isn’t with vanessa he seems very different in a bad way! Maybe she’s better of without him.

CherryCheer

Posted at 2:34 AM on July 27, 2011

They hooked up. It wasn’t serious so need to announce to the public when they were both just having fun. It was always going to be over sooner rather than later. Some people are really naive if they believe every denial a star makes. Why would she, or anyone in her position admit to a fling?

tina

Posted at 3:50 PM on July 27, 2011

An you know this because you were actually in the bedroom with them?

kate

Posted at 5:19 PM on July 27, 2011

I think she is single too:)

sjk

Posted at 8:42 PM on July 26, 2011

According to Vanessa herself, they are friends; but she NEVER Ssaid she was dating Josh. And neither did he for that matter. Being seen with someone does not mean you are dating.

Gleeks101

Posted at 8:17 PM on July 26, 2011

In my opinion, it seemed like Vanessa and Josh WERE together though. I mean, I hoped they weren’t but it seemed when the relationship rumors were brought up, she was always quick to deny it. For example, on the Ellen show. If they WEREN’T together, she would be calmer in denying it. But I’m not 100% sure they were together. If they were, I hope they broke up, but it’s really their decision. Again, if they did, I sincerley hope that Vanessa and Zac will get back together. But like I said…their decision. Even though they’re not together Zanessa forever and ever…

nerissa

Posted at 7:48 PM on July 26, 2011

I don’t believe they were ever together. She was very upset after her relationship ended with zac. I think these two are still young and are trying to go out and experience new things, but I think they both still have deep feelings for each other and I do hope someday they reunite.

tina

Posted at 5:49 PM on July 26, 2011

How many times and ways did Vanessa say she was not dating anyone?

Leslie

Posted at 5:39 PM on July 26, 2011

I never saw them being anything but buddies. He was probably a good listener after Vanessa broke up with Zac.

Anon

Posted at 4:52 PM on July 26, 2011

Friends but definately some “benefits” were involved.

Danielle

Posted at 5:18 PM on July 27, 2011

Totally agree!!!

idk

Posted at 4:04 PM on July 26, 2011

I believe they went out on 1 date just because wery were spotted holding hands but other other than that I don’t like they really dated plus they haven’t been spotted no where together in months

Danielle

Posted at 5:27 PM on July 27, 2011

There are A LOT of pics of both of them together. I think Vanessa tried out with Josh, he looks so great for her. He is smart and seems so nice but is Vanessa’ decision. Hope the best for her!!!

pisser

Posted at 1:40 PM on July 26, 2011

I think they were hooking up leading to that sudden ridiculous split from Zefron. It was tacky Vanessa even if she wasn’t cheating. Five years and now u can’t be without Josh. Reminds me of Julia Roberts syndrome falling for costars.

Belle

Posted at 4:08 PM on July 26, 2011

Such garbage they were never together to begin with and maybe you need to check Zac out since it seems he’s been on the club different woman every night parade not her.

Kind of interesting how Zac just got so good at it so fast. Don’t you think? Practise maybe.

RA

Posted at 1:16 PM on July 26, 2011

I agree with the first two people. Vanessa and Josh were never together.

jj

Posted at 1:01 PM on July 26, 2011

Seriously never heard any news they were dating. So lame!

Amy

Posted at 12:52 PM on July 26, 2011

How can they ‘split up’ when they werent even dating??