Demi Lovato Vs. Taylor Swift: Who Disses Joe Jonas More?

Tue, July 26, 2011 6:10pm EDT by 64 Comments

Joe Jonas, you should stop dating musicians and breaking their hearts! Your ex-girlfriends keep raging about you in their hit songs!

Joe Jonas is famous for being a heart breaker. The 21-year-old singer infamously dumped Taylor Swift in favor of Camilla Belle — something she’ll never let him live down. Then he proceeded to date his “best friend” Demi Lovato for a few months before breaking her heart and moving on with Ashley Greene almost immediately. On top of that, he brought his new GF on tour WITH Demi! But don’t think he gets away with this playboy behavior — Joe’s exes get their revenge through their hit singles. Between Demi and Taylor, which lady do YOU think got the better final word?

Demi, 18, has been vocal that her single “Skyscraper” is not directed at Joe. However, her lyrics seem to fit the situation — a girl heart broken by her very best friend — perfectly:

Do you have to make me feel
Like there’s nothing left of me?

You can take everything I have,
You can break everything I am,
Like I’m made of glass,
Like I’m made of paper.
Go on and try to tear me down.
I will be rising from the ground,
Like a skyscraper,
Like a skyscraper.

Meanwhile, Taylor, 21, takes a more aggressive approach in her song, “Forever & Always:”

This thing is breaking down, we almost never speak
I don’t feel welcome anymore
Baby, what happened? Please tell me
‘Cause one second it was perfect
Now you’re halfway out the door

And I stare at the phone and he still hasn’t called
And then you feel so low, you can’t feel nothin’ at all
And you flashback to when he said, forever and always

And
Was I out of line?
Did I say something way too honest?
That made you run and hide like a scared little boy?

Joe has a knack for picking talented girls with great voices and big audiences! Who do YOU think got better revenge? Sound off below!

More Demi!

1. Is Joe Jonas Apologizing To Demi Lovato In His New Song, ‘I’m Sorry’?
  2. Demi Lovato Steals Something From The Kardashians For Her Music Video Shoot!
  3. Wilmer Valderrama Confirms He’s Single. Demi Lovato Is Officially Back On The Market!

Demi Always!!

Posted at 4:15 PM on July 28, 2011

HOLLYWOOD LIFE is so ridiculously unreliable! I mean really, it’s called researching…

lo

Posted at 2:41 PM on July 28, 2011

Skyscraper is not about Joe……omg people really? she said way to many times about what the song is………

Truth

Posted at 1:16 PM on July 28, 2011

About Joe moving on too fast. Yes he did do it with Taylor but Demi started dating Wilmer Valderrama right after her and Joe broke up in May, Joe started dating Ashley in July so I wouldn’t call it moving fast more like my ex is dating someone time to find someone myself. And finally it’s annoying how people are still trying to link Joe and Taylor since they dated years ago it’s like Nick and Miley enough already. Demi and Joe broke up a year ago and went on tour so I understood why people were still hung up on it last year but it’s 2011 people both Joe and Demi are no longer together. So STOP.

Truth

Posted at 1:12 PM on July 28, 2011

On Demi, Joe and her dated for longer than you guys make it seem they started dating while shooting CR2 in Canada and broke up the next year because of Demi’s issues, the whole ‘wanting to save the friendship’ was just a cover up to the truth, their relationship was more serious than Taylor and Joe’s. They also dated during the first CR movie. Secondly, Taylor and Demi aren’t ‘best friends’ and if they were who cares? Taylor has dated two of her friends exes and Demi dated Alex Joe’s best friend. Thirdly Skyscraper is NOT about Joe, Demi didn’t write the song. Though Demi did write at least two songs about Joe on her first album.

Fan

Posted at 12:50 PM on July 28, 2011

But Last Kiss was a sweet song for Joe. <3

heyyo

Posted at 11:07 AM on July 28, 2011

Taylor IS SO UGLY AND STILL A LITTLE GIRL CRYING AND DISSING A MAN WHO DOESN’T CARE ABOUT HER.

honey

Posted at 4:04 AM on July 28, 2011

u guys are sooo pathetic, demi didnt even write skyscarper , y would it be about joe ?? lol
taylor dissed him alot yes.
guys u behave like joe is the only guy who dumped girls, n he is not even that much of a player coz he dosent go around dating 2 or 3 girls at one time right, she just dates alot girls thats it

oh please

Posted at 1:05 PM on July 27, 2011

Swift is no better the Joe,yes he dump her for Camilla Bell but Swift dumped Taylor Lautner for John Mayer but no one is getting on her for that!

mimierp

Posted at 9:51 PM on July 27, 2011

You sort of have a point, but honestly, T-Swift has been dumped so many times, it’s almost right that she should get to dump someone. It was unfair to poor Lautner, though, and I’m not condoning her behaviour. About Skyscraper, I know! It’s not about Joe, it’s about what the poor thing went through–I wish people WOULD listen to the lyrics and realize that.

Vens

Posted at 5:22 AM on July 28, 2011

I agree with you, plus she’s so immature.

Cat

Posted at 11:01 AM on July 27, 2011

OK, Demi didn’t even write Skyscraper! Why are people spreading this crap?! It’s not about Joe. Listen to the lyrics and then think about what Demi has been through. Geez. Leave Demi alone – without the JoBro!

maria

Posted at 10:58 AM on July 27, 2011

1. Skyscraper is not about Joe. Anyone with eyes who saw the pictures and read the interviews when they were dating could tell that Demi pressured him into their relationship and he really wasn’t that into it. He told her he didn’t want to ruin their friendship and she wouldn’t let up.

2. Taylor doesn’t really diss Joe. She wrote Forever & Always before they broke up because she was confused by his hot & cold behavior towards her. She never actually said he cheated on her, just that he broke up with her for another girl. Jump then Fall is a really nice song that talks about all the things she loves about him and how she’ll always be there for him. Songs like Haunted, The Other Side of the Door & If This Was A Movie show that she just wants him back. And, finally, Last Kiss is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard — once again, she’s talking about all of the things she misses about him and says “I hope the sun shines and it’s a beautiful day and something reminds you you wish you had stayed you can plan for a change in the weather and time but I never planned on you changing your mind.”

Anyway, STOP creating unnecessary drama. You look incompetent in your field when you can’t report on these things with any shred of knowledge or research apparent in the article.

taylor

Posted at 12:43 PM on July 27, 2011

the other side of the door and if this was a movie were not about joe lol

in forever and always, taylor kinda diss him for being a douche

and taylor doesn’t want him back lol those songs helped her to move on and she did already. if you’re talking about a guy that she still loves….talk about john mayer.

maria

Posted at 1:08 PM on July 27, 2011

I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There are clear connections in the lyrics. The Other Side of the Door is a metaphor for slamming down the phone, just like she did to Joe when he called her in the infamous “27 second phone call.” If you really look at the lyrics of Last Kiss, that song is not about closure. Also, Haunted’s “Still to This Day” and some of the lyrics show that her relationship with Joe was a lot deeper than people realized at the time. I’m not going to try to convince you but if you look carefully at the lyrics of her songs you can easily find connections to other ones. I really like her and John Mayer together, but she’s not in love with him anymore. She definitely loved him for awhile (see the “new” Sparks Fly, Ours & Superman), but as she said regarding Superman: “There was a guy that I put up on a pedestal… and, well you live and learn.”

rach

Posted at 4:26 AM on August 2, 2011

the other side of the door is not about joe lol she wrote that song when she’s 15/16.

when you’re in a relationship and it ended, you go through phases of healing and moving on.
when she wrote last kiss (part of moving on is admitting that you miss those memories and accepting the fact that those are in the past and moving on) and haunted, it doesn’t mean she still feels that way now, you know. a broken heart can heal you know, in time.

i agree with taylor up there, if you gonna be talking about not getting over yet, it’s john mayer.

Fan

Posted at 8:27 AM on August 3, 2011

I also agree with Taylor. I think she still loves John Mayer. In the song the story of us, she said something about her putting her armor down if he does too. Sounds like she wants to get back with him..

Oh, how come no one mention Taylor Lautner? She’s written Back to December for him and it did sound like she wanted him back too! At her recent concert in Grand Rapid, she even changed the lyric to ‘I’ll go back in time and changed it but I can’t. So this is for a boy from Michigan”. Lautner was born in Michigan.

Damnnn, I think that gal wanted all her exes back! LOL.

magg

Posted at 4:35 PM on August 4, 2011

I don’t think she wants Taylor Lautner back, maybe he didn’t appreciate the song at all, he was so afraid about that actually, he’s not an overated guy like she is talking about her “love” life easily. I think she just wanted to apologize and in a way I’m pretty sure she wanted to make a buzz with that song. I mean Taylor Lautner has propably more fans than her, in her mind apologizing makes you “a good person” that’s what she wanted people and mostly girls to think about her, again publicity over Lautner.She likes to make a fuss and be the center of attention. Now I think the guy that hurted the most was JAKE GYLLENHAAL, John Mayer too I agree but that was too short.

Leticia

Posted at 10:29 AM on July 27, 2011

Taylor…
Skyscraper isn’t about Joe Jonas.

kw

Posted at 6:23 AM on July 27, 2011

Joe Jonas will become 2010′s JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!!

Like JT, JJ also flirts.

mimierp

Posted at 9:56 PM on July 27, 2011

kw,

Ew. Please tell me what is so appealing about Justin Timberlake!! Or Joe J. for that matter…
Can we get some REAL MEN in the industry??

Robert

Posted at 5:41 AM on July 27, 2011

Taylor lol I think she really hates him. I think he’s just a pig tbh.

Ashley

Posted at 8:31 AM on August 3, 2011

@Robert, I agree with you especially the last sentence….lol

Nurain

Posted at 1:07 AM on July 27, 2011

TAYLOR FTW!!! OMG I love YOUR SITE but you guys of HL HAD NO IDEA, the song skyscraper isn’t about joe! GET THE FACT!!!
!!

meemsss

Posted at 11:53 PM on July 26, 2011

◎★◎i very like web==lets go◎★◎

believe you will love it.

====( w w w )( jordan forworld )( c o m )

BEST QUALITY GUARANTEE!!

Jencita

Posted at 11:23 PM on July 26, 2011

demi didn’t write skyscrapper you should do a little more research… Taylor ftw

selena lover

Posted at 11:14 PM on July 26, 2011

WTF

Posted at 10:52 PM on July 26, 2011

Umm… Demi didn’t write that song. She just sings it. And she recorded it last year…. while her and Joe were still dating.

robert

Posted at 5:41 AM on July 27, 2011

she recorded it while she was in rehab

Adel

Posted at 10:59 PM on July 27, 2011

Actually she didn’t. She recorded the song a year ago. She talks about it in her interviews. She re-recorded the song after treatment but felt it didn’t have the same feel to it. The Spanish version though was recorded after treatment. I don’t think she did any recording during her time in the facility.

Skyscraper is a personal song but she didn’t write it. She recorded it because she connected with the message and emotion of the song. It definitely has nothing to do with Joe. Whatever went down between them is something that only they know. Let’s not speculate on that.

KATTA

Posted at 10:35 PM on July 26, 2011

THIS IS JUST A STUPID NOTE!!!! PLEASE LEAVE JOE ALONE!!!!!

Samantha

Posted at 9:39 PM on July 26, 2011

What a brilliant piece of investigative journalism! I don’t know who Demi’s stupid song could have a thing to do with Joe considering that SHE DIDN’T WRITE A WORD OF IT!!! That song was a demo originally intended for Jordin Sparks to record. You’ve outdone yourselves on the stupid this time Hollywood Life!

demifan4ever

Posted at 9:23 AM on July 27, 2011

STA NDOMMA R MERDA

huotuias

Posted at 8:04 PM on July 26, 2011

Something unexpected surprise–

Hello. My friend

{{w w w }} {{jordansforking }}{{ com }}

Dedi cated service, the new style, believing you will love it!!!

WE ACCEPT PYA PAL PAY MENT

YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

thank you!!!

Wow

Posted at 7:16 PM on July 26, 2011

First, skyscraper isn’t about Joe. Second, he’s not da first guy in da world to break up wit a girl. There are much bigger douches out there. Quit hating

What?

Posted at 6:55 PM on July 26, 2011

Like somebody said before me…Demi’s song has nothing to do with Joe. Believe it or not there are other things to sing about then just love.

JoycedoBrazil

Posted at 6:29 PM on July 26, 2011

o Hollyhood life é um site merda merda de bosta
não sabem iventar merda nenhuma , fica reciclando as mesmas porcarias , Vai toma no cu ,
O Brasil odeia esse site de merda !

ugh

Posted at 6:20 PM on July 26, 2011

demi’s song is nothing to do with joe…this website never fails to get dumber and dumber i swear

Sarah

Posted at 5:28 PM on July 27, 2011

I agree with the brazilian girl. Demi suffered so much about Joe. She didin’t deserved this.