Selena Gomez & Blake Lively May Star In 'Sex And The City' Prequel!

Tue, July 26, 2011 1:58pm EDT by 18 Comments

Selena as prim and proper Charlotte? Blake as super sexy Samantha? Could you see these young stars taking on these iconic roles?

Sarah Jessica Parker and her catty cosmopolitan cast mates Cynthia Nixon, Kim Cattrall and Kristen Davis may be done with Sex and the City, but there is a whole new group of young actors being lined up for the prequel!

The Daily Mail reports, “It is rumoured that current preferences for the roles are Blake Lively as Samantha Jones, Selena Gomez as Charlotte York, Emma Roberts as Miranda Hobbes and Elizabeth Olsen as Carrie Bradshaw.” Those are some pretty big names!

The prequel will visit the four Manhattan ladies in their twenties and be based off two of author Candice Bushnell‘s novels, The Carrie Diaries and Summer And The City.

Take a look at the lovely ladies and their predecessors above and let us know HollywoodLifers, who do you think is the best cast?

Keep Clicking For More Kim Kardashian!

1. Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries’ Relationship Is ‘The Real Deal’ With Tons Of ‘Sexual Heat,’ Says Body Language Expert!
  2. Demi Lovato Attends Kim Kardashian’s Lavish Bridal Shower Thrown By Kris Jenner!
  3. Kim Kardashian & Fiancé Kris Humphries Relax Poolside in Vegas!

kid red

Posted at 3:20 PM on May 28, 2012

i would also love to fu$k the dog ish out of selena but i dont see her playin charolette is to sexy selena is too young to play char i wish i could have a threesome with both them i would doggi sg and grab her by the hair also i would go down on charolette

brian

Posted at 3:13 PM on May 28, 2012

i would slam selena gomez i would love to pull her hair and spank that little mamactasbooty

pc monitors

Posted at 6:17 AM on May 8, 2012

I am really impressed with your writing abilities and also with the layout in your blog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to look a great blog like this one today..

Swinger pics

Posted at 7:28 AM on April 28, 2012

Its such as you read my mind! You seem to know a lot approximately this, like you wrote the e book in it or something. I feel that you can do with some p.c. to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.

Ulysses

Posted at 5:33 PM on November 4, 2011

BC not everyone in the entertainment bizz is a bigot like you. U can call it “hater” but that is short of reality! Selena is Amazing! Generally speaking, these four ladies would do just fine. I also love Emma.

Ulysses

Posted at 5:31 PM on November 4, 2011

I am only familiar with Selena and Emma. I LOVE them both, especially Selena. But all four seem fit for this movie…which I REALLY hope comes thru!

Bea

Posted at 12:36 AM on July 27, 2011

I’m a fan of SG…but I think she shouldn’t take the role cause it’s an inappropriate role for her, I mean she’s only 19!!!

Ulysses

Posted at 5:29 PM on November 4, 2011

Charlotte is a modest, mature person in the role, so Selly would do it just fine and no reason to worry about her sexuality.

selena the best

Posted at 11:11 PM on July 26, 2011

WE LOVE YOU HOLLYWOOD PRINCESS

overallcute

Posted at 9:42 PM on July 26, 2011

this movie gonna be a complete fool. selena gomez as charlotte??? why not lucy hale or troian bellisario???

Kenzie

Posted at 12:39 PM on July 27, 2011

Oh my gosh, Troian Bellisario would be perfect!:)

Chantal

Posted at 4:54 PM on July 26, 2011

Selena MOS DEF can pull it off as Charlotte, but I personally don’t think she will take the role for the simple fact she doesn’t want to headstart her career as in being part of a SATC series. I wouldn’t mind, her acting’s great but SATC is not in SG’s area, and she wants to be taken more seriously, not sexually. I know that Charlotte in SATC is most likely the calm oriented one with of course the pale skin, brunette, has a such a eye catching spark to her face just like Selena has but I need to see her in very serious roles. Though, People shouldn’t be pissed off on Sel if she does get the part, SG is a very smart girl and know exactly what’s she doing, of course nobody can picture her in a role like this but what’s to lose if she can’t show us how managable and professional she is?
Disney will soon worn off as she is getting older, and Selena has a LONG way to go. Correction, @rawrrr she does do mistakes but never has been seen doing a mistake. All teenagers do mistakes even Selena. Disney is just a pretty screwed company on making most of their stars perfect and putting that image on them for the rest of their careers, but SG along with many other old stars aren’t with it, soon we will all see her grow into some things we all never believed we’d see from her.
Everybody shouldn’t be so harsh now.

rachel

Posted at 4:24 PM on July 26, 2011

if Selena plays Charlotte I’ll be so pissed off. I’m so sick of everyone saying how perfect Selena is, shes not! Theres no way she’ll be able to play Charlotte, or even be in this movie at all.

Rawrrr

Posted at 3:53 PM on July 26, 2011

Selena Gomez as Charlotte.FUNNY! I cant picture her in a role like this.
Espcially with the title having the word sex shes too Disney too perfect shes never made mistakes.
I think they should leave the seris alone. Not ruin it with a disney girl former nickelodeon star a member of the olsen family & leonardo dicaprios girlfriend. But if they do decide to make another movie at least pick unknown people who have talent ITS THERE TIME TO SHINEEEE!
please selenators dont attack me for my opinion & call me a belieber or cyrus or lavato fan. And tell me to die in a hole.
Ps. How come this website ALWAYS HAS A POST About her i’m starting to think you guys have an obession with her.

Penelope

Posted at 4:23 PM on July 26, 2011

I agree with your comment. This movie already sounds like a bad idea…although, I am a fan of Emma Roberts so I wouldn’t mind that. But this cast looks so wrong! Nothing is right about it. Like you said if they make a prequel they should go for unknown actresses who LOOK like the characters.

samy

Posted at 2:50 PM on July 26, 2011

i love them all and selena gomez is the best

princessnaval

Posted at 5:39 PM on July 26, 2011

definitely, i’m a real selenator but i don’t want selena to play there most specially if justin is not her partner..
this movie is so …ugghh

Renee

Posted at 2:35 PM on July 26, 2011

I’m sorry but as a lover of this show I do NOT think Selena Gomez is good for the role of Charlotte. She doesn’t even resemble her, despite brown hair…I think the casting dept can do a lot better. And Blake Lively as Samantha? Please…so far the only one who can and will mist likely pull this off is the Olson girl. Find some good talent, it doesn’t have to be A list teeny boppers…do the show that much justice.