'True Blood' Recap: Sookie & Eric Finally Kiss! Was It Everything You Hoped It Would Be?

Mon, July 25, 2011 12:01am EDT by 64 Comments

Took them long enough! Somewhere Bill Compton is weeping big red tears.

The moment we’ve been waiting for all season — well, really for the past three seasons — finally happened on the July 24 episode of True Blood: Sookie (Anna Paquin) finally kissed Eric (Alexander Skarsgard)! It wasn’t a dream, she wasn’t being glamoured, and no one was in any danger of being killed. She did it because she wanted to do it, and I couldn’t be happier.

But that beautiful scene didn’t go down until the very end of the episode, so let’s backtrack a bit.

King Bill (Stephen Moyer) got super tired of putting up with Marnie’s sh*t, so he had her kidnapped and brought to his little vampire prison. He soon learned that Marnie (Fiona Shaw) had no idea how she cast her spells on Pam (Kristin Bauer Van Straten) and Eric, and that she was actually channeling a powerful Spanish witch from the past. This troubled King Bill, so he called the remaining four Louisiana vampire sheriffs together to figure out a game plan.

Also in need of a new game plan is Sam (Sam Trammell) and Tommy (Marshall Allman.) When his visit with his parents turned sour, Tommy went a little bananas and killed them both. Sam helped him dump the bodies in a nearby swamp, but there’s a much bigger issue at hand now: Now that Tommy, a shifter, killed a member of his family, will he become a “skin walker” like Luna (Janina Gavankar)? And even worse, will that shared ability bond them and pull her away from Sam?

Elsewhere, Hoyt (Jim Parrack) and Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) brought Jason (Ryan Kwanten) back to Bon Temps safe and sound — but new problems arose when Jessica’s blood started to mess with Jason’s mind. Cue an awkward dream in which Jason and Jessica were having sex, with Hoyt sitting next to them. I’m not going to lie, it was kind of hot for a second — but then Hoyt and Jessica suddenly switched places. And it got hilarious.

Speaking of hilarious things, Pastor Daniels and Tara’s (Rutina Wesley) whore mother went over to Arlene’s (Carrie Preston) house to expel whatever evil was messing with their baby. But apparently that crazy whore’s tambourine shaking was all in vain, because a book of matches suddenly caught on fire at the end of the episode! A lot of people are hating on this story line — I’ve heard the words “stupid” and “ridiculous” used — but I’m loving it. I have a feeling it’ll end up tying in nicely with the witches. Plus, evil or not, that baby is freakin’ adorable.

Meanwhile, Jesus (Kevin Alejandro) and Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) took a little road trip down to Mexico this week to visit Jesus’ “brujo” uncle. He’s the one who first gave Jesus his powers, and they’re hoping he’ll be able to help them fight off the vampires. Side note: Am I the only who thinks Jesus is getting in a little over his head, picking a fight with Eric? Dude’s totally gonna die this season, I’m calling it now.

OK, now let’s get back to Eric and Sookie! Pam let it slip that Sookie is hiding him, which sent King Bill into a crazy jealous rage. Based on the previews of next week’s episode, we know Bill and Eric are going to have a violent run-in… but I’m just hoping he actually walks in on Sookie and Eric doing the nasty! I’ve always been open about my disdain for Bill — even though Stephen does an incredible job portraying him — and seeing Sookie with Eric would really stick it to him!

What do you guys think? Was Sookie and Eric’s first real kiss everything you hoped it would be? Will Jason try to hook up with Jessica for realz? And when will Tara’s mom finally release her debut album of tambourine classics?

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more True Blood

Loading video...

Loan Replacing

Posted at 3:52 AM on June 14, 2012

Its like you read my thoughts! You appear to understand so much approximately this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I believe that you simply can do with a few % to pressure the message house a little bit, however other than that, that is magnificent blog. An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.

Property Mortgage refinancing

Posted at 12:40 AM on June 14, 2012

Thank you for another informative blog. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect means? I’ve a mission that I’m simply now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such information.

საიტების დამზადება ძალიან იაფად და ხარისხიანად. !

Posted at 9:55 AM on June 13, 2012

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make seriously articles I would state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual publish extraordinary. Fantastic job!

electric tankless water heater reviews

Posted at 9:08 AM on June 13, 2012

That is really fascinating, You’re a very professional blogger. I have joined your feed and stay up for in search of extra of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks

chicago website design

Posted at 4:02 PM on June 12, 2012

Tremendous issues here. I am very glad to see your article. Thanks so much and I’m having a look forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Low Cost HTML to Wordpress Conversion

Posted at 4:17 AM on June 12, 2012

This is very attention-grabbing, You are a very professional blogger. I have joined your feed and look ahead to in the hunt for more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

productions

Posted at 5:18 PM on June 11, 2012

Hey there, You have performed an incredible job. I’ll certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this site.

voice termination

Posted at 8:20 AM on June 11, 2012

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and include approximately all vital infos. I’d like to look extra posts like this .

mm

Posted at 2:28 AM on October 28, 2011

Diddnt love the kiss. There was no passion or sexual tension maybe bcause it was sweet eric IDK? Im about to piss alot off fans off but The kiss btween bella and edward in Twitlight was way better and those tweens were suppose to be virgins. lol

Eden

Posted at 2:25 PM on July 30, 2011

I don’t mean to offend anyone but I think Eric is really… not attractive.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:25 AM on August 3, 2011

Well… I’m offended.

Char

Posted at 9:58 PM on August 4, 2011

yeah, i’m highly offended as well. eric IS the hottest man in the show, hands down.
i really didn’t know that it was possible, but he is even more adorable and lovable now! thank you marnie, for erasing his memories and letting him start fresh with sookie =)

and i’m sorry bill/sookie fans, but us eric/sookie fans SERIOUSLY DESERVE this break! i’ve been waiting for this moment ever since i laid eyes on eric during season 1. eric and sookie’s kiss and love scene made it all worth it. as much as my eyes burned when seeing bill and sookie on screen for all three seasons (on top of trying my very best not to gag everytime they make love), i am glad the writers FINALLY moved on and shifted to eric and sookie’s love story. the signt is very refreshing, and even if it is short-lived, at least i’ve had my dose <3

Dana

Posted at 5:15 PM on July 27, 2011

Sorry,
Didn’t like Eric’s character in the books, and I don’t like him in the series, although I like Alex and think he does a good job. Eric is a horrible “person” and treated Sookie much worse than Bill ever did. Who buys someone’s house just so he can own her too? For someone who doesn’t like to be told what to do, Sookie just gets stupider and stupider.

pattie

Posted at 7:04 AM on July 26, 2011

Hmm. You can tell the difference between Bill and Eric fans, by looking at the comments. I am neither – I am a True Blood lover, that’s all.

Love Bill and all his storylines. I hope he NEVER gets with Sookie – she is so underserving and immature. She and Fake Eric are of the same immaturity so let them stay together. Bill needs a real woman.

I also love other storylines and thought the Tommy killing his parents the hilight of this episode, but that was obviously lost in you review or put in the subplot area.

Rev Danials and Letti May were great! Great humour!

As for all the awful deeds Eric has done to Bill or Biil/Sokie – just watch seasons 1 – 4 again. It may surpise you all! It is Eric’s fault that Bill had to go to the tribunal and Bill even had to beg Eric to speak up for him – what a guy, Eric! Eric also sent Rueben to get Bill and bring him back to Fangtasia – you know – that lovely evening Bill and Sookie had at the French Restaurant. Eric told QSA he would deal with Bill personally for Bill knowing about Eric and QSA’s V selling. Oh yes! Eric selling V! What a hero!
This is a stupid review. A reviewer’s job is to tell the facts – not get a hard on with A character and bring in the other rabids for a gag bang!

Sassy

Posted at 3:03 PM on July 27, 2011

I just loved your comment Pattie.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:28 AM on August 3, 2011

I’m sorry you feel my review is stupid for including an opinion, but it is what it is.

Kjamc

Posted at 11:46 PM on July 25, 2011

The Eric and Sookie scenes were beautiful! Just not long enough!
They have smpkin’ chemistry.

Kjamc

Posted at 11:48 PM on July 25, 2011

That smokin’ chemistry! LOL

Dana

Posted at 5:19 PM on July 27, 2011

Sookie and Eric’s chemistry will never be as good as she was with Bill. I know people were waiting for them to get together, but it was only so-so. Sookie and Bill were much more natural together. Can’t stand Sookie and Eric’s pairing.

Helen

Posted at 9:54 PM on July 25, 2011

Eric! Finally! He is so adorkable! Please KILL queen BILL already. He is becoming more annoying and pathetic. I doubt he has any real fans left. Only ones that don’t really pay attention to the show. Anyway LOVED THE KISS! The best sweeet and innocent love on TB!!! Alexander and Anna nailed it! So beautiful, actors are definitely doing their job.

Gina

Posted at 1:28 PM on July 26, 2011

OMG you are right Helen, Eric is a dork able, LOL!!!

How arrogant of you to assume there are no Bill fans out there, I see plenty here alone. Most of us just dont feel the need to vote on polls or scream nastiness everywhere.

I am like the other Bill lovers here, I dont need to call Eric names, I am condfident in my male lead and dont need to prove anything. Whereas those here that take great pleasure in using derogatory names do it out of pure jealousy. Its really so sad.

Did you know btw, that Alex tried out for Bills part, as did Ryan?? They did because BILL IS THE LEAD MALE.

FairySookie

Posted at 9:49 PM on July 25, 2011

Finally! Eric and Sookie is the heart of the show. We have been waiting for this forever. Their tender kiss brought tears to my eyes. And that violin music made it even more beautiful.

Nancy

Posted at 9:29 PM on July 25, 2011

I loved Bill in this episode! He totally rocked. He’s one of my favorite characters on the show. Jessica/Jason/Hoyt scenes was sort of funny. The episode was good overall.

In regards, to Sookie/Eric kiss…..I’ve seen better. I’m just glad the Sookie/Eric thing is just temporary. I would rather see Sookie with Alcide or Sam then Eric.

Abby

Posted at 9:18 PM on July 25, 2011

IMO, the kiss isn’t nothing to brag about. Sookie’s falling for fake Eric. It’s not going to last just like Gran told Sookie. Sookie is falling for an illusion.

Other then that the episode was great. I loved Bill and Pam’s scenes the most.

Gina

Posted at 1:32 PM on July 26, 2011

Yes, I agree Abby.
Sookie is just so desparate for love since she split from Bill that she is turning to the only male around.
Sookie will regret that she did not listen to Gran.
But for now Eric and Sookie will have their time, but I forsee the REAL Eric coming back and finding another way to use and abuse Sookie. That is what Erics character is all about. He has been doing it since the first season, over and over again.

While Bill will find a way to save Sookie AGAIN.

Amaria

Posted at 6:22 PM on July 25, 2011

It was a beautiful and tender moment and it wasn’t
even meant to be hot and sexy. Eric is now innocence and
pure like a virgin, it was like his very first kiss
and Sookie isn’t an seductive temptress either. Well
played.
For those who claims that they do have not chemistry:
LOL

Freyja

Posted at 5:41 PM on July 25, 2011

Sigh… YES IT WAS EPIC!!!! All of their scenes this episode was pure love. Such a contrast to what Sookie’s relationship to Bill was. It’s the complete opposite and I love it <3

Stephanie North

Posted at 5:15 PM on July 25, 2011

Love the kiss. So tender and passionate. Eric & Sookie are having deep feelings for each other. And Sookie wanted it! That was the best part.

Jjbc

Posted at 12:54 PM on July 25, 2011

That was such an amazingly tender scene. The look of pure innocent love on Eric’s face melted my heart. Bill talked a lot, but Eric’s eyes said more then a thousand words. Why am I not surprised that AB chose to cut the scene so short. I don’t really have any hope of him ever alloying them to have any real love scene without Bill interfering.

Marie

Posted at 2:04 PM on July 25, 2011

I thought Sookie and Bills first kiss was extremely beautiful and powerful, yet haunted. That was between two REAL people, not one real and one fake like we see now.
Why do you think there has never been a real passionate kiss between Sookie and real Eric?? Because as Sookie said herself, Eric is a smug sarcastic a*s and a psychopathic frat boy, and she wished he was dead and she called him a f*cking dead piece of sh*t. LOL
But Eric is now needy and she is giving in because she misses Bill and is needy herself.
Eric has screwed things up between Bill and Sookie from the beginning.I love Bill interrupting any hanky panky time Sookie has with fake Eric. Paybacks a b*tch.
But dont worry, Eric and Sookie will get it on, and why? Because we will see Bill be merciful where Eric would never have been.
I have always loved Bill for the real man he is as well as a vampire. He has faults but is trying to overcome them one step at a time.

viggolover1

Posted at 10:26 AM on July 28, 2011

It’s funny how Bill’s fans keep calling this Eric fake. This is Eric without his vampire memories and politics. This is his true character before he became a 1000 year old vampire. Plus, Sookie was the one who initiated the kiss. He was willing to leave her so he couldn’t harm her anymore. She called him back. I even went back and watch again Sookie’s and Bill’s first kiss and it wasn’t a long kiss. Bill stop the kiss because his fangs came out. Eric and Sookie were still kissing when it was cut to Bill’s house. Bill’s and Sookie’s first was a hot one. But saying that it was more a lust feeling (fangs coming out) than a loving one. Sookie loves Eric. Even her grandma knows it.

Char

Posted at 10:04 PM on August 4, 2011

amen to that viggolover1, i couldn’t have said it any better.

Ashley

Posted at 2:51 AM on July 25, 2011

LOVED it. Eric and Sookie shine together. They were so awesome tonight, and I LOVED the kiss obviously! So hot and intimate.

Monica

Posted at 2:15 AM on July 25, 2011

I LOVE Eric and Sookie kiss. Love Sookie took the initiative. She called Eric. How they touched, how they look at each other… total beauty! It’s more than sex. It’s connection. It’s the beginning of love!

Freyja

Posted at 5:42 PM on July 25, 2011

Yes that’s how it feels. This is the beginning, as Eric would say :)

Donna

Posted at 12:25 AM on July 25, 2011

I loved it just wish it was longer and I have a feeling they don’t get far before jealous Bill storms in – part of me now wishes Eric hadn’t bought her house cause then he wouldn’t have been able to enter her house.

I am worried Bill is ordering or so it seems Eric’s true death and if he even tries it- Sookie I hope will never forgive him cause I know I won’t. I know Eric isn’t going anywhere but just the thought angers me.

ariel

Posted at 12:44 AM on July 25, 2011

yeah, because in the past 3 seasons, Eric has never done anything to Bill to warrant payback. Eric has been horrid, but I suspect now that the roles are reversed, Bill will have a change of heart and let Eric go. Too bad people can’t see that Bill is fighting for the greater good for all vampires. He’s being pretty decent to Pam and has seemed genuinely concerned about what is happening to her.

Ashley

Posted at 2:55 AM on July 25, 2011

This is the second time Bill will try killing Eric, and when he’s an amnesiac no less and Eric doesn’t run away.

And Bill obviously flew into a jealous rage in this episode. Bill is doing this out of pure jealousy, that’s it. He doesn’t want Eric around Sookie.

Gina

Posted at 1:38 PM on July 26, 2011

HA, and Eric has been trying to get rid of Bill since Season 1. Just because he wanted what Bill had. Talk about jealous! That is Erics MO.

Bill didnt try to kill Eric after Russell. He could have easily if he wanted to, instead he was going to get rid of him in cement. That isnt killing him.

So Bill was just finally trying to get some payback. Its about time with all the betrayals Eric has bestowed on his underling who had always been loyal.

Jesses girl

Posted at 2:02 PM on July 25, 2011

Eric and Bill may have had issues, but I would hardly call things that Eric did horrid. He certainly never tried to kill Bill. Even in season one at the tribunal when Bill told the Magister that Longshadow was stealing from Eric which was what led up to the incident Eric confirmed it as true. Eric as sheriff was also working for the greater good of the vampires under his area or following the queens orders as Bill was when he first checked out Sookie so the two are pretty much even on those scores. I dont dislike the Bill character it is just that both in the books and on the show he is written as humorless and boring while Eric is written with much more humor and complexity.

Marie

Posted at 2:30 PM on July 25, 2011

Eric could not lie to the magister, I am sure there are laws against perjury even for vampires. But Eric did try to “buy” Sookie from Bill with his freedom. As sheriff, Eric knew the punishment for staking a vampire is 5 years in a coffin. What Eric did not plan on was the magister being creative.
Eric called in Lorena to detain Bill from helping Sookie. Bill would have to stay with her indefinitely leaving Eric to have a go at Sookie.
Eric must have been spying on Bill and Sookie, he knew where to send Rueben. Bringing Bill to Eric, what do you think Eric was going to do with Bill? Keep him locked in the dungeon forever?
What if he felt the need to dump Sookie down there again?? Cant have Bill down there. I bet Eric wanted to do Bill in himself.
I think Bill is more complex in the show than anyone else. He has so much he is dealing with, while trying to maintain his integrity. Power and humanity dont always go together. Bill is riding on the edge of a sword. Trying to do the right thing. Like letting Sookie go and moving on.

As Bill said, “insanity goes with the position”.

Marie

Posted at 2:09 PM on July 25, 2011

I agree ariel. Bill has been great with Pam and is genuinely trying to help her. Bill may have wanted Eric gone before Sookies trip to faeland but now things have changed. And he really doesnt want to kill anyone. I believe he really hated executing that other vamp. He was ordered to. Bill will show mercy and maybe in the process put himself at risk with the authority.
Eric doesnt deserve mercy with all that he has done to Bill up untill now, and there has been alot. But the good man in Bill will give it. And it will only show that even with roles reversed, Bill is the better man.

Stephanie North

Posted at 5:17 PM on July 25, 2011

“Eric doesnt deserve mercy with all that he has done to Bill up untill now,”

Do you forget Bill tried to kill Eric last season? And after shaking hands?

Marie

Posted at 5:35 PM on July 25, 2011

Not kill (Bill had every opportunity to kill but did not) but imprison Eric in cement.

Just as Eric had hoped the magister would imprison Bill in a coffin chained with silver for 5 years. Or did you forget?

Eric also arranged for Lorena to next imprison Bill, in her own way.

Then he arranged for his assasin to abduct Bill. What was he going to do with Bill then? Play yhatzee?

I am amazed that many seem to forget all that Eric has done to Bill.

Freyja

Posted at 5:48 PM on July 25, 2011

Exactly! What has Eric done to Bill? I don’t see Eric trying to kill Bill ever. If I remember correctly it was Bill who used Eric’s vulnerability when he knew Godric was about to meet the sun, to punch him in the face. And whatyaknow, Bill is doing this yet again, trying to take Eric out when he’s vulnerable.

Abby

Posted at 9:20 PM on July 25, 2011

@ariel

I totally agree with you.

Bill is such a great character. Love Bill

lori

Posted at 12:16 AM on July 25, 2011

More Eric less Queen Bill.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:17 AM on July 25, 2011

lol Queen Bill

Think we can get that nickname to stick? I like it.

ariel

Posted at 12:47 AM on July 25, 2011

what are we, 12?

Monica

Posted at 2:10 AM on July 25, 2011

@ariel No, we aren’t 12 but we like to have fun. Bill is a fictional character, you know?

And we are calling him Queen Bill, because he only is the Queen thanks to The Authority, the AVL and the snipers who killed Queen Sophie-Ann.

@Andy For that reason we call Bill Puppet Queen too.

Andy Swift

Posted at 7:41 AM on July 25, 2011

hahaha yes! Bill Puppet Queen! Awesome.

Marie

Posted at 2:36 PM on July 25, 2011

Its still not right Monica.

Its like grade school when you behave that way, commenting in such a forum which I thought is for adults.
I have constantly encountered such behavior long before in the first season and it still amazes and disgusts me.

I wont do that, I hold myself to a higher standard.

Marie

Posted at 2:18 PM on July 25, 2011

Its ok ariel, they dont know any better. Actually they probably do but they need to be nasty. It makes them feel better somehow. I never understood this kind of thinking.

I love Bill and I loathe Eric but I would never comment with a derogatory name for Eric. I dont need to. His actions have always made him look bad enough.

As for fake Eric, I do feel sorry for him, right now he is a lost little needy boy, but plagued by a subconcious that is reminding him what he really is.

Even Gran knows the score. Smart lady.

Monica

Posted at 2:07 AM on July 25, 2011

Queen Bill is our favorite. We also call him Queen of the Damned and Queen Cockblocker (thanks to the times he interrupts Eric and Sookie).

Freyja

Posted at 5:50 PM on July 25, 2011

It sounds as if we are hurting Queen Bill’s feelings. We need to stop ;)

Abby

Posted at 9:23 PM on July 25, 2011

ariel is right your are 12………you comment is VERY childish

Nancy

Posted at 9:32 PM on July 25, 2011

Hmmmmmm…..how childish! My 3 year old son is more mature then you.

Gina

Posted at 1:41 PM on July 26, 2011

Yes Nancy, isnt it unfortunate that a supposed adult group of woman have to behave so poorly?

I love Bill and am proud of it.

Katy

Posted at 8:03 PM on December 12, 2011

I’ve been laughing my butt off reading all these bitter BL comments. Sookie falls in love with Eric, get used to it, it happens in the books too.

I love Eric and think he is a wonderful character. I loved his and Sookie’s scenes this season. Their first kiss was really beautiful and so was their love making later on.