HollywoodLife.com chatted with ABC Family star Melissa Joan Hart of ‘Melissa & Joey.’ The actress was super fun and we learned SIX new things about mother of two!
Remember Melissa Joan Hart? The former star of Sabrina the Teenage Witch has revamped her career and is now starting the second season of her show Melissa & Joey on ABC Family. Melissa first made her way into our hearts as Clarissa on Clarissa Explains It All in 1990 — then we all fell in love with her again when she played Sabrina on Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Since then, the witch put her acting career on hold and had two children, Mason and Brady. After dancing her way back into our hearts on Dancing With the Stars, Melissa is back in the limelight with Melissa & Joey! Although she is super busy, the 35-year-old mom and actress told HollywoodLife.com all about her show and what is next!
• Melissa & Joey is picked up for a second season: “I was really excited about it obviously. We had a good feeling about it. We were hoping any day. This business is crazy. Up and down.”
• She is a Hollywood Star but an East Coast Mom: “That’s the hard part. I have the perfect schedule. I want to raise them on the East Coast. It also gives me that time to escape. It’s not like they can call me back for carpets and meetings. When I go home, I go home. I’m not a half mom.”
• Melissa has Baby Fever: “We’d like to have more. I’d like to have a really big family. I come from a really big family. I have such a fondness for my siblings. I want my kids to have that to. I’d like to have four.”
• She is not laidback, like her character on the show: “I’d like to think I’m more strict. On the show, I take all my natural instincts from real life and then do the exact opposite. She has no clue how to be a mom. Here she is trying to find her way. I think she’ll always make mistakes. I think she’s especially flawed. She’s a little selfish. I think that’s where the comedy is.”
• She Reads Dr. Seuss: “I’m trying to teach the older one how to read. We’ve run out of books. We’re always Dr. Seuss fans. The Llama Llama books.”
• Melissa flirts with Joey…but will they become more on the show? “There are a few kisses — they realize it’s not right. They will definitely flirt with it. But then they realize it’s not meant to be. I think you’ll see Mel and Joe flirt with it.”
More 6 things!