'Degrassi' Stars Munro Chambers, Aislinn Paul & Justin Kelly Weigh In On 'Cake V. Eclare!' Watch!

Mon, July 25, 2011 12:35pm EDT by 66 Comments

It’s time to choose: Should Clare give Eli a second chance, or move on with Jake? Pick your side & vote!

There’s a food fight brewing at Degrassi, and it’s about to get delicious. Now that Clare (Aislinn Paul) and Eli (Munro Chambers) are on the outs, she’s free to date someone else — and she’s got her eye on new-guy Jake (Justin Kelly.) I spoke with Munro, Aislinn and Justin during a recent trip to the show’s Toronto set to get their thoughts on the Cake (Clare + Jake) and Eclare (Eli + Clare) pastry battle.

“Jake has a lightness to him that’s completely different from Eli,” Aislinn explains. “Eli was always a very hard character for Clare to handle and support. … And Jake is the kind of character who doesn’t need that support.”

Justin echoes Aislinn’s words, describing Jake as “a breath of fresh air” for Clare. “He’s the light to Eli’s dark. “She needs someone who wouldn’t be that intense with her.”

“If you’re an Eclare fan, I think you’ve got to hold on and pray,” Munro adds. “But right now it’s not looking too good.”

So what do YOU think, Degrassi fans? Should Clare take a bite into “Cake,” or should she stick with the “Eclare” she’s already been snacking on? Or hey, maybe you think she should skip dessert altogether and try being single!

Watch the video interview with Aislinn, Justin and Munro below, then cast your vote:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Click here to follow Andy on Twitter for more Degrassi exclusives!

Sallybarr

Posted at 7:59 PM on January 27, 2012

ECLARE <3 ~4EVER!!!

jojo

Posted at 11:30 AM on December 27, 2011

OMFG!!!! clare better choose Eli because that boy is beast <3

Amanda

Posted at 1:49 AM on November 26, 2011

Eclare!!!!!!!!! i love Eli and no matter wat he does its always him for me!!!!!!!!!! :D

Crew Fan

Posted at 3:14 AM on November 13, 2011

Haha i think its funny how everyone believes Eclare is getting back together. Lol its so obvious they’re OVER. they’re just trying to build up mystery and suspense. But pretty soon, Clare is gonna have a brand new story line. One NOT involving Eli. You’ll see.

Crew Fan

Posted at 11:56 AM on November 11, 2011

And before everyone starts bashing the idea, just think about it. Both of them Have been going through stuff. Why the hell would you still ship Eclare and Drianca?! Because they looked cute together??! No. Bianca almost ruined Drew’s life, YES I KNOW SHE’S DIFFERENT NOW AND SHE LOVES DREW BLAH BLAH BLAH, but that doesn’t mean they just have to be together!! Relationships are based of alot more that just love. You have to have balance in relationships. And personally, im sick to death of Eclare’s drama. Were they ever even happy?? They’ve always had conflict. First it was Julia, then it was Fitz, then it was Julia again, and now its Jake. And you gotta keep in mind that Eclare is not even together at the moment! So do i ship Eclare you ask? Hell no. And to me, Cake and Krew are just boring. I wouldve rathered see Drew and Clare than Cake and Krew….its just too out of the blue. They’re throwing too many new characters in the plots all at once. Plus, ive been reading alot of Drew/Clare fanfiction and i really like it.

crew fan

Posted at 11:44 AM on November 11, 2011

I vote neither….Eclare got so intense til where it got to the point where he was litterally smutherring her. I really hooe they move on from each other. I dont ship Cake either. Just cause…he’s just another KC. I ship Clare and Drew. And i kniw that isnt a popular opinion right niw but who knows? ;)

Lysa

Posted at 6:41 PM on October 25, 2011

ECLARE FOREVER!!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!

larissa

Posted at 2:27 PM on October 15, 2011

ECLARE ECLARE ECLARE ECLARE ECLARE ECLARE ECLARE ECLARE

THE BEST!!!

Audrey

Posted at 10:22 PM on October 5, 2011

I know this is not an option but i vote klare

Yvonne

Posted at 9:15 PM on September 21, 2011

The protagonists in Degreassi NEVER end up with the first person they date, they always end up breaking up and find someone new, so I don’t think there will be any privileges to Eli and Clare. Sure their realationship is exciting, it seems like they really love each other. but I think they don’t know how to love, becuase they are still in high school. Their characters need to change, I really hope in a better way. No matter who end up with who, I just hope they will be stonger and more rational. I really hope nobody gets a bad ending. I especially intereted in the character Clare. It seems to me she is a little bit weak, sensitive and selfish. I hope she will be focus on schools and her family more than the boys. As for Eli, I already can predict he will move on and get better.

abby

Posted at 5:33 PM on August 13, 2011

Its All About Eclare. Eli And Clare Have a Spark That Jake And Clare Don’t. Sooner Or Later Eclare Is Getting Back Together.All Those Eclare Fans,NEVER GIVE UP.KEEP THE FAITH:D On Thursday’s Episode When Clare And Eli Look At Each-other With Very Little Dialogue,It Showed So Much Out Of That Scene. There Perfect.She Could Say She Wants Him Die&I Wouldn’t Care. No Matter What Happens,ECLARE Will Stay Together.So Don’t Worry About It :D

Samira

Posted at 4:01 PM on August 11, 2011

What I’m hoping for is that Jake and Clare go on a date and imogen and Eli do too like at the same place and during the date each one tries to make each other jelous and totally forget about theyre date…Hahahahahahahahah I would love the whole “keep looking at each other” moments..then they would just open they’re eyes and see THEY BOTH ARE NOT OVER EACH OTHER! ELCARE FTW!!!

katie

Posted at 2:59 PM on August 6, 2011

i lov justin kelly

Cara

Posted at 12:45 PM on August 5, 2011

Jake never cheated on Clare…? Cake FTW, they are so adorable together.

Britt

Posted at 11:13 AM on August 3, 2011

Ok no what are you thinking?!?! Don’t go with Jake he’s freaking cheating on Clare already Eli never did that and he loves her and protects her so I don’t know WTF you were thinking but your wrong. :P

cake

Posted at 6:52 AM on July 31, 2011

CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Britt

Posted at 11:08 AM on August 3, 2011

I hate Jake and Clare as a couple I really really hope that Eli and Clare get back together. And I’m speaking for everyone when I say that. :)

Cara

Posted at 12:45 PM on August 5, 2011

No you aren’t ;) if you were, Cake would be at 0 percent.

chesley

Posted at 9:58 PM on August 24, 2011

their so much happier eli and clare was tooooooo much drama

Nancy

Posted at 2:31 AM on July 28, 2011

I really love eclare together sure there was times when Eli got all creepy and possessive, but I believe he really loves Clare. I just have a feeling that Imogene is going to drive Eli to the wrong path and make him get even crazier. I don’t like Claire and Jake together I feel like Jake is not going to be serious with Claire. Clare and Eli I hope get together again. As they always say opposites attract.

Moni

Posted at 8:45 PM on July 27, 2011

Its all clare fault!!!!i hope neither eli or jake date her!!!WTF now she has two choices so now she can dump one and go on with another one!!!!She deserves noone!!

Crystal

Posted at 6:09 PM on July 27, 2011

I’m looking forward to the Jake/Clare pairing but I won’t become invested in them like I have with past couples. There’s no point especially if they become popular because the writers will screw their fans over…they always do. No fanbase of a popular ship on Degrassi has ever gotten what they wanted even when the writers have made it look like the couple will be end game (Joey/Caitlin and Sean/Emma).

JBwife1

Posted at 9:31 PM on July 26, 2011

I agree with the article! i use to love eclare but he got so obsessive and was so dark, and was hard to handle at times. Although i did love how sweet he could be :) And jake was just so light and care-free! Thats EXACTLY wat she needs now! maybe she can return to eli, i mean i don’t really see anythin serious for cake, but give them a chance!

Katherine

Posted at 10:06 AM on July 26, 2011

Clare and Eli do not in any way HAVE to be together. You just WANT them together. But in reality they may be “Better Off Alone” ;)

Starr Laverna

Posted at 9:50 AM on July 26, 2011

If you guys still ship Eli and Clare, then you are being too close-minded. Remember when people still shipped KC and Clare, and then Eli was in a few episodes and everyone changed their minds? Maybe you guys will change your minds this time, too. You have to give Eli & Imogen and Clare & Jake a chance. Eli and Clare are NOT as perfect a couple as everyone makes them out to be.

Emily F. G.

Posted at 3:52 AM on July 26, 2011

Clare and Eli have to be together! They are just perfect for each other and meant to be. Maybe Jake and Alli could be a couple. Whatever happens Eclare has to be together! ECLARE FOREVER!

Andreia

Posted at 9:53 PM on July 25, 2011

I do like both! Cake is so cute and Eclare was starting to act like an old married couple about to go through a divorce (that made no sense). I think it’d be cute if Cake just had a fling and Imogen & Eli had a fling and Eclare both realize what they’ve been missing.

jessica D

Posted at 6:19 PM on July 25, 2011

No , I AM Eclare fan and 4ever Eli and clare should be Together No matter what happen Eli likes clare and clare likes Eli and she still have a feelings for Him (THEY MUST BE TOGETHER) i did vote for ” ECLARE” Sorry cake fans :)

taylor

Posted at 7:07 PM on July 25, 2011

ok i get it i love eclare but cake is cute together so ya eli and clare will always be my fav cuple in my heart but cake is perfect for now see we dont no mutch about jake so when the season goes further so ya but eclare is a fav but im going for present day and go with cake sorry!!

taylor

Posted at 7:18 PM on July 25, 2011

then i cant decide so for now its a tie!

Bre

Posted at 9:30 PM on July 25, 2011

I am an Eclare fan too! and they don’t like eachother they LOVE eachother and that will never change! They were meant to be! Eclare forever<3