Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka Tell Their Twins: 'Call Us Daddy & Poppa!'

Sun, July 24, 2011 11:00am EDT by 17 Comments
Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka Tell Their Twins: 'Call Us Daddy & Poppa!'

The couple decided it would be too confusing for Harper and Gideon to have two ‘dads’ & neither wanted to be ‘mom!’

Can you believe Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka‘s adorable twins are already nine months old?  The couple were terrified their tots would learn to talk before they’d figured out what to call themselves, so they had to get creative!

“This is a sore subject,” Neil tells Jay Leno on The Tonight Show. “Because we are two gentleman with children. And so we didn’t know what to call ourselves.”

“Daddy One and Daddy Two sounds kind of strange…So David’s ‘daddy’ and I’m ‘poppa’, just to differentiate.”

Now they’ve settled that conundrum, Neil and David are battling over Harper and Gideon‘s first word! The How I Met Your Mother star explains, “One of the child’s first syllables is ‘da da.’ So I’m going around (trying to teach them) ‘pa pa.'”

What do your kids call their dad, HollyMoms?

– Ian Garland

More NPH on HollyBaby:

1. Neil Patrick Harris Dresses Up His Twins for Each Holiday! How Adorable!
  2. Neil Patrick Harris Boasts: Forget Harper Seven Beckham, My Baby Is Harper ONE!
  3. Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka Celebrate Their First Father’s Day With Twins In Tow!

Laurie (the smart one)

Posted at 1:38 AM on July 29, 2011

LOL, lemme guess whats next… I’m rubber, your glue…

Laurie (the smart one)

Posted at 1:32 AM on July 29, 2011

Sarcasm. Haven’t you learned about it yet? Google is a fantastic tool, it might even open your horizons to other things more complex and intricate than the simple likes of something as simple as sarcasm.

While I do respond to your posts, I wish you would stop, you are really just an easy target because of your ignorance. I’ll admit it is fun for me to respond because you are such an easy target, but really its just sad that this is how you think. Terribly sad. Why do you think every post on this page (besides yours of course) thinks your views are crap?

Laurie (the smart one)

Posted at 2:11 AM on July 28, 2011

Your being “berated” because of your ignorance and your insistence on posting on a public forum with your inconsistent babble. Your a wierdo that thought sharing her pay wage with the interwebs would help prove her point. Why? Seriously, I’m curious, what point did you think that would prove? Honestly, was it to point out that it makes you a better person? More capable perhaps? Well, I got some news for you. Neil Patrick Harris and his cute boyfriend make a boat load more money than you do AND by definition would also make them a more financially stable family than your own. Ouch. Please be done, I’m having too much fun responding.

Laurie

Posted at 12:52 AM on July 29, 2011

I’m inconsistent??? You stated “Plese be done, I’m having too much fun responding” That makes NO sense…you contradicted yourself.

Laurie

Posted at 1:02 AM on July 29, 2011

You’re the hateful weirdo, not me!

Laurie (the smart one)

Posted at 9:49 PM on July 27, 2011

Crawl off your pedestal, no one cares how much money you make. Ugh, you really are an ignorant asshole. Let me point out a flaw, its really crass to spout how much money you make, but if your going to do it, you should make more than you do if your trying to rub it in my face, or lie perhaps… Poor you. You are small minded and an idiot. So now we know you work in a mental health hospital, you have two kids, you live in rural Minnesota… Being that your not stupid or anything, you may want to be a bit more cautious with your personal information on line, not that your stupid or anything. I also doubt you know more than I regarding mental health and also I doubt your are a mental health practitioner (even if you sucked at it) you would make more than your touted $50k a year. Also, you may be in the wrong line of work if you work in a mental health facility if you are thinking they need to be in their for being gay… Wowzers! Oh, and no, I don’t give a crap if you don’t think wowzers is a word.

Idiots of the world > Stupid Laurie. :(

Instead of seeing a loving family in the above picture you choose to condemn someone who has no effect on your life or choices. While I support freedom of speech I also support people to make their own decisions, but you want to have them committed. I truly hope your kids are wonderful people, but it seems they are going to grow up as intolerant and incapable of accepting people that are not same mined as you are. Because of your limited mental capacity and comprehension I will give you a tip, that is actually the saddest part of reading all of your on-line nonsense.

Laurie

Posted at 12:26 AM on July 28, 2011

Did I say I was a mental health professional? Just that I work in a mental hospital and I am not giving out personal information…there are at least 12 mental health hospitals in rural Minnesota, dummy! I’m quitting this because I am tired a being berated by someone who know nothing of what they say – you keep making up things about me that you don’t even know what you are talking about. All I ever said is it is not natural, or normal – not the way things were meant to be!!

Laurie (the smart one)

Posted at 1:17 AM on July 27, 2011

I would like to say UGH on you other Laurie for giving the rest of us named Laurie a freaking image of ignorance and idiocy. You crack pot, you are the idiot. I don’t need to know you to know you’re stupid, also I don’t want to know you, it would be a gigantic waste of time and effort on my part. Oh, and if you are hoping that by pointing out someones grammatical errors makes you look intelligent, it doesn’t. It amplifies your ignorance and your lack of intelligence. I bet you watch fox news and drive a minivan and have a heap of kids who will likely perpetuate the crap that you spout to them. I puked a little in my mouth just now…

Laurie

Posted at 1:55 AM on July 27, 2011

I don’t spout anything on my 2 kids – I and my kids are some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. I have a 55,000 a year job, owe no one except a small morgage on my house and am very intelligent – find other’s errors all the time. I live a good life in small town rural Minnesota where we feel we are free to have our own opinions…I suppose next you will want to squash free speech, also. I have my opinoin about these things…these people are mentally sick – they should be in the mental hospital where I work. I know more about mentally ill people that you ever will…stupid Laurie!

Laurie

Posted at 1:06 AM on July 25, 2011

What does Casey Anthony have to do with this??? – Stupid!!

jh

Posted at 4:05 PM on July 25, 2011

it was just a general statement at how stupid you are.

i would personally like to add ignorant in there as well.
i’d bet you think your a wholesome loving christian woman, too. that’s a shame.
keep the hate going, though. that is totally what future generations need.

Laurie

Posted at 12:37 AM on July 26, 2011

How do you know I’m stupid…you don’t even know me – this just cracks me up. Proves how stupid you are to think I’m stupid when you don’t even know me. No, I’m not a christian woman – where did you get that from? I know I’m smarter than you are when it comes to the English language…the “your” you typed is not correct. It should be YOU’RE..which is a contraction for you & are. The “your” you used means ownership – boy people are getting more & more stupid with these things…YOU’RE a prime example!!

Laurie

Posted at 11:43 PM on July 24, 2011

Hmmm…maybe that’s why it’s NORMAL to have 1 mommy and 1 daddy…think so??? Then we wouldn’t have these problems, would we…if we were normal parents the way it was MEANT TO BE…IDIOTS!!!

StoopidGurl

Posted at 12:30 AM on July 25, 2011

You madam are nothing but an ignorant cunt.

Laurie

Posted at 1:05 AM on July 25, 2011

Don’t call me names asshole! You don’t even know me! It wasn’t meant to be this way…if it were the world could not even repopulate…you really are STOOPID!!!

Bob

Posted at 1:04 AM on July 25, 2011

You sound Normal (rolls eyes). I guess you think Casey Anthony is innocent also.

Zilly

Posted at 3:32 PM on July 24, 2011

Awww look at how happy they are love it!!! The babies are so cute