Lindsay Lohan, You Need To Follow In The Footsteps Of Demi Lovato: Admit Your Issues And Seek Help!

Fri, July 22, 2011 6:14pm EDT by 6 Comments

Lindsay, it’s time to stop hiding behind excuses and focus on a recovery plan. Look at how Demi Lovato made an inspirational comeback!

Okay Lindsay Lohan, we get it. Nothing is ever your fault, you can’t afford therapy unless it has the word “retail” in front of it, and you can escape jail better than Tim Robbins in the Shawshank Redemption. Noted. But at some point, your antics stop being funny and start being sad … and we passed that point a year ago. Meanwhile, Demi Lovato is 18-years-old (to your 25) and is already an international role model for women everywhere who have struggled with both emotional and body issues. Plus she’s made an incredibly successful comeback, and is one of the most inspirational women in Hollywood. You should strive to follow in her footsteps.

First of all, enough with the denials. The only way to deal with your issues is to admit them to yourself. You don’t owe it to your friends, to your family, and especially not to the media, to admit your issues. That’s not what I’m asking. I’m asking you to stop saying “It’s not me it’s [blank].” No, Lindsay, at this point I think it’s safe to say it’s you.

Demi hasn’t always had it easy either. Her parents are also divorced, she dealt with fame at an early age (she filmed Barney at age 7), she began partaking in bad habits. But eventually, she owned up to what she did and sought help. She didn’t go to rehab countless times and refuse to take it seriously. She went to treatment from November 1, 2010 to January 28, 2011, and stayed there for the recommended amount of time. Even now Demi admits that she’s not fully recovered because recovering requires ongoing efforts in the face of everyday difficulties and challenges.

Lindsay, you’ve been in and out of rehab for four years now, and have received two DUIs. You’re in and out of court constantly, getting reprimanded every time you go in front of a judge and you’re reportedly (still!?) drinking alcohol and partying.

Demi has dedicated herself into becoming a role model with her story, and I hope she can serve as inspiration of how Hollywood welcomes and supports a comeback with open arms once somebody wholeheartedly makes an attempt at helping themselves. If you really think you deserve that Oscar Natalie Portman slaved over, then put your money where your mouth is and work for it. The first step towards getting better roles, and more importantly, a better life, begins with you.

DMR

Posted at 10:17 PM on July 22, 2011

This is a dreadful site but I actually agree with you. Demi shares with Lindsay depression, cutting, battles with weight, to name a few things. I don’t buy this Lindsay’s an addict stuff, I think drugs are just part of her problem and she needs to address why she also cuts, her mood swings etc. I would not be surprised if Lindsay was diagnosed with a personality disorder. Lindsay treated her after rehab time completely different than Demi did. She did not do the necessary aftercare and meetings like Demi. She also went back to her same life. She also denies denies denies while Demi has come clean with her issues. For those saying Lindsay’s life is harder than Demi’s, don’t be so sure of that. Demi is also estranged from her father for instance. If I think of a huge difference I say Lindsay is more self-centered, Demi seems more open to listening and admitting things and more humble.

Lola

Posted at 11:05 PM on July 22, 2011

I never heard of Lindsay cutting herself before, just that she does a lot of drugs and alcohol and I understand that Lindsay does seem to blame everyone around her…but that’s what addicts do. Addicts can’t be humble they’re too busy trying to get their next fix. Addiction to any harmful substance is one heck of an illness and it does usually stem from a mental disorder, but most addicts have to hit rock bottom until they finally seek help and even then they’re prone to relapse. Sad but true. I just don’t think it’s right for everyone to judge her. She’s not in the right frame of my mind right now. I just wonder what goes on in her head, what drove her to the point she’s at today. It’s great Demi’s open about her problems and has sought out help for her issues, but Demi and Lindsay are two different people with two different life stories. One big difference between them is Demi’s body doesn’t carve a substance that can slowly kill her.

DMR

Posted at 11:39 PM on July 22, 2011

Really, you haven’t heard of her cutting herself? Her mother said it in a phone conversation that her sick father recorded and then sold to radaronline. She also was prescribed xanax for depression, she has lots of emotional issues that the press doesn’t focus on because they over focus on substance abuse. When Lindsay was appointed a place to go last year by the court’s psychiatrists and substance abuse experts it was UCLA, a dual-diagnosis mental health with drug abuse center, not just a drug-abuse center. Judge Sautner has dropped drug testing from Lindsay’s probation requirements for psychological counseling, all of these are clues that people behind the scenes that really deal with Lindsay and are privy to information are seeing a mental health issue and that drug abuse is part of it. Demi and Lindsay actually display very similar issues and Demi was diagnosed as bipolar and depressed. Lindsay is at least depressed but instead of being bipolar she may have a personality disorder, that’s my sense of her. And people with personality disorders often abuse drugs, but it is the disorder that needs very extensive treatment, not just the drug use.

Lola

Posted at 8:43 PM on July 22, 2011

Lindsay Lohan has had an extremely rough life. Although that’s not an excuse, it’s a reason to why she’s an addict. Demi’s life and Lindsay’s life are totally different, I have no idea why you would compare them in the first place. Be a little bit more sensitive, because you don’t know the skeletons people hide in their closets. You don’t know what she’s been through. You don’t know her at all, and neither do I. That’s why I’m not going to sit here, act like I know everything, and give her some crummy advice, telling her that she needs to be like someone else. I hope Lindsay does clean up one day, because I know she’s amazingly talented. I don’t know why but this article just made me mad. This site constantly gives out advice as if the celebrity is going to read it and the authors are licensed psychiatrist…The problem is, their advice is always wrong, because it’s close-minded and judgmental.

dumas1000

Posted at 6:54 PM on July 22, 2011

Lindsay Lohan has issues that would make Demi Lovato’s life in comparision seem like a walk in the park. Lindsay has never thought for a second about actually dealing with them out of fear that it would kill her to even try. She’ll B.S. her way through rehab or whatever therapy you give her without ever confrontating anything. That’s why it never works. The whole thing is an exercise in futility. She cannot comprehend the evil things that her father has done to her. She is, how shall we put this. Emotionally unavailable.

dumas1000

Posted at 6:46 PM on July 22, 2011

There’s no doubt in my mind that Lindsay Lohan’s father is a cradle robber. There’s never been any doubt as far as I’m concerned as to what is wrong with Lindsay. She’s in severe denial. It’s so much that she’s in denial over the fact that she is an addict. She is in denial over the fact of WHY is in an addict. The whole family is in denial. I’m not sure, given the current climate, that she would survive “dealing with her issues.” I mean that too. Literally, not figuratively. Her denial is an ultimate form of self-preservation.