Say It Ain't So! Could Amber Riley Be The Next 'Glee' Star To Get The Boot?

Fri, July 22, 2011 9:30pm EST by 5 Comments

First we got word Rachel, Finn, and Kurt are going to be gone after the next season of ‘Glee’. Now there is speculation that Mercedes could be gone too! Will anyone watch the show if she is no longer a character?

Amber Riley, 25, the powerhouse vocalist who plays Mercedes in Glee, says that she could be the next to leave the hit show after the third season wraps up! Would this move be too much?

“I may not be coming back for a fourth season,” Amber told E! News. “Who knows? Whatever happens this third season is what happens, and I think everybody’s okay with it.”

If Amber graduates from Glee, she would join Lea Michele (Rachel), 24, Cory Monteith (Finn), 29, and Chris Colfer (Kurt), 21, who discovered they would no longer have roles via Twitter!

“I found out about it like everybody else did, on the Internet,” she said. “But it’s something that’s not that surprising to us, and I think it’s just more surprising to others. People think it’s such a scandal when, really, it’s not. I’m about to be 26 years old. I don’t want to play a high school student anymore. I think it’s smart to have new students come in…and I’m really excited.”

It looks like Amber would be totally fine with a change of pace! She also hints that an exit from the hit show could maybe even benefit her career!

“I love my job to pieces, but when it’s time to go, it’s time to go and, hopefully, there are greater things on the horizon,” Amber said.

BFFs, would YOU still tune in to watch Season 4 without Rachel, Finn, Kurt, AND Mercedes?

-Josh DeMilta

AA

Posted at 5:05 AM on June 1, 2012

Rachel and Finn should go. There is way too much focus on them.

Self Storage Miami

Posted at 12:01 PM on May 4, 2012

Unquestionably consider that that you said. Your favourite justification seemed to be on the net the simplest factor to keep in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst other people think about concerns that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other people could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

JJ

Posted at 10:35 PM on April 25, 2012

I don’t mind if Rachel leaves – although i have since read somewhere else that she and Kurt and Finn are back for S4. I reckon Rachel and Finn get a bit too much screentime anyways, so its great to have some new people or at least expand other people’s storylines. I love Mercedes and wish they would give her more story arcs and if she could stay on for S4 that would be great. If she does have to leave too then that’s ok too, ‘cos as she said if its time to go then that’s it :)

Crystal

Posted at 10:07 PM on April 18, 2012

I dont mind rachel and Finn leaving, their characters gt a lOT of face time but it sucks that right when the show finally starts giving Mercedes a life they want her to leave. My inerest will definately take a hit if she goes but hopefully the show can compensate with some “Samcedes” action just dont let her end the show the way she started. Alone.

Krissie

Posted at 2:28 PM on March 15, 2012

I’ll watch without Finn or Mercedes…not a fan of either character…but I wouldn’t watch without Rachel or Kurt, they’re two of my favourites.