Vanessa Hudgens Cut Her Own Hair & Doesn't Like The New Look! Is She Being Too Hard On Herself?

Thu, July 21, 2011 10:24am EDT by 5 Comments

We recently learned that Vanessa did, in fact, chop her hair off and was not just wearing a wig for the role in her new film, ‘Gimme Shelter,’ but now she admits how much she hates the cut. I’m so attached to my strands that even a trim makes me nervous. I can’t even imagine what she feels like!

Poor Vanessa Hudgens! It takes a lot of commitment to have to sport a look that you don’t like for a role. The actress tells Access Hollywood how she really feels about the style, saying, “Honestly, I kind of feel like a soccer mom, but we’re going to let that go. There’s nothing wrong with soccer moms, but I’m only 22! I miss [my hair,] believe me, I do, but there’s nothing I can do about it.”

Even more surprising than the fact that she really did cut her hair was that she cut it herself! She did get a little help from the film’s director: “I grabbed the scissors and started cutting my actual hair,” Vanessa explains. “Then my director decided that he was going to grab the scissors, and he grabs a chunk of my hair and just chops it.”

Vanessa is one brave girl!

Would you ever crop your own locks, HollywoodLifers?

–Eden Univer

Read More About Celebrity Hair!

1. Vanessa Hudgens Actually Went Super Short — Do YOU Prefer This Cropped Cut Over Her Long And Luscious Locks?
  2. Kristen Stewart’s ‘Snow White’ Hair Revealed? Check Out This Photo!
  3. Emma Watson’s Hairstylist Gives YOU Tips On Growing Out & Styling A Short ‘Do!

Ashley

Posted at 8:32 PM on August 25, 2011

I think it makes her look older, like a mom. She has a mom-cut. I dont like it. I dont like ANY girls with short hair

Vanessa

Posted at 2:27 PM on March 9, 2012

She looks like a mom but my name is Vanessa too and literally she looks like a mom but it doesnt look good on u Vanessa Srry but at least u get to star in a movie and why do they havr to cut it isnt it a choice? And theres this girl that is 10 at my school and she shaved her WHOLE head for cancer but at least u HAVE hair its better then not having hair!

Jessi

Posted at 9:04 AM on July 22, 2011

What a spoiled little turd! Do the role, get your huge paycheck, then get extensions like everyone else in Hollywood and quit complaining about such trivial things.

Jane

Posted at 12:06 PM on July 21, 2011

She looks like a young Catherine Zeta Jones, which isn’t a bad thing.

theresa

Posted at 11:47 AM on July 21, 2011

WHO CARES, ITS HAIR! SHE IS STILL THE SAME PERSON. Such a shallow society. Someone cuts their hair and OMG!! This is not even close to being an interesting article.